Question Any updates on Google Assistant?

Search This thread

garailcat

Dec 18, 2021
I've heard from a birdie that Google Assistant is scrapped. Honestly, with the lack of information provided on the progress towards Google Assistant and the huge span of time that has elapsed from Galaxy Watch 4's release and the promise made to add Google Assistant, it is easy to believe that Google Assistant indeed is scrapped.

Does anybody have any information on the current state of Google Assistant? Is it even coming?

Reactions: Waghead
I wouldn't say it works "very well". Sometimes doesn't launch quickly, can't see the whole screen, limitaions on what actions it can do, and screensaver mode appearing while trying to use it.

At most, it sorta works... but the truly sad thing is, even THAT is better than Bixby.
I mean ya it isn't seamless but it's likely the best we're gonna get. When Google releases Google assistant for OS 3.0 for non Samsung watches, we'll be able to snag it.

You just described my whole experience in a nutshell LOL.
If it isn't running in the background then it takes a few seconds to launch... That is common for most Assistants though. If it is running in the background then it launches to the foreground within a second... Faster than Bixby sometimes. It's really not much different overall.

The only real difference is it probably takes an extra second to launch if it's not already running in the background since it's not native to the watch.

Also, if you're downloading from APKmirror, I've found that one of the variants available launches faster than the other.

Clearlynotstefan

Jan 19, 2022
I've heard from a birdie that Google Assistant is scrapped. Honestly, with the lack of information provided on the progress towards Google Assistant and the huge span of time that has elapsed from Galaxy Watch 4's release and the promise made to add Google Assistant, it is easy to believe that Google Assistant indeed is scrapped.

Does anybody have any information on the current state of Google Assistant? Is it even coming?
Is there any source? Samsung support reps recently switched from the vague "in progress, in the future" language to things like "almost complete, release in the next few months" publicly just in the last 2 weeks or so, so I'm more confidant than ever that it'll come out

MustangLife03

Jan 25, 2015
Is there any source? Samsung support reps recently switched from the vague "in progress, in the future" language to things like "almost complete, release in the next few months" publicly just in the last 2 weeks or so, so I'm more confidant than ever that it'll come out
The source is a few YouTubers the past 48 hours with speculation it won't be coming to GW4. Same types of the speculation we have been hearing since release.

mrfatiga22

Dec 5, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
If it isn't running in the background then it takes a few seconds to launch... That is common for most Assistants though. If it is running in the background then it launches to the foreground within a second... Faster than Bixby sometimes. It's really not much different overall.

The only real difference is it probably takes an extra second to launch if it's not already running in the background since it's not native to the watch.

Also, if you're downloading from APKmirror, I've found that one of the variants available launches faster than the other.
Hi, What variants? v2.08? Thanks

Garoto1973

Dec 29, 2010
Heredia, Costa Rica
I wonder what business holdups is delaying this. I see that the Pixel Watch probably will be released on May, so my hope is that it will be the only reason they are delaying the GS for other phones.

I mean, I have it on my 1st gen Huawei watch and the API is available for everyone and works flawlessly in the GW 4 if you want to go through the chore of doing all the needed steps in the Google developer web page.

Garoto1973

Dec 29, 2010
Heredia, Costa Rica
Would not say it works flawlessly, maybe on your 1st Gen Huawei watch but not the GW4. I've got it on my GW4 and it works but not flawlessly.

Yes, maybe flawlessly was not the right word, but installing through api and using web development tools looks and feels better than installing the apk (looks native with the black background and color graphics vs the white text and blue bar of the apk).

ajmartin

Jan 26, 2022
Yes, maybe flawlessly was not the right word, but installing through api and using web development tools looks and feels better than installing the apk (looks native with the black background and color graphics vs the white text and blue bar of the apk).
How do I install Google Assistant on GW4 through api and using web development tools like you mentioned? Could you please point me in the right direction?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can sideload Google Assistant GO which works very well.
    I wouldn't say it works "very well". Sometimes doesn't launch quickly, can't see the whole screen, limitaions on what actions it can do, and screensaver mode appearing while trying to use it.

At most, it sorta works... but the truly sad thing is, even THAT is better than Bixby.

I tried this Google Assistant GO version and it works quite acceptable