Any updates on SM-T230 Android ports?

Search This thread

jjgvv

Dec 22, 2018
That problem is not only for China dude. That's why most of the people (incl. me) want newer Android to our loved Degas :D
Even our prepreprepredeccessor got oreo.
Commenting on tab 2 10.1 2012 on nougat lol

jdoggawesomex900

Nov 29, 2014
Modesto
Maybe android 11 will be better

Sorry, this tablet will probably always be on KitKat. I've had this tablet for 6 years and upgrading to a galaxy tab s7 plus that is on Android 10 and getting android 11 now. A cheap replacement to this would be a galaxy tab A7. It's not too fast but it has a big 1200p screen, 3gb of ram and a snapdragon 662 running Android 10.

jjgvv

Dec 22, 2018
Sorry, this tablet will probably always be on KitKat. I've had this tablet for 6 years and upgrading to a galaxy tab s7 plus that is on Android 10 and getting android 11 now. A cheap replacement to this would be a galaxy tab A7. It's not too fast but it has a big 1200p screen, 3gb of ram and a snapdragon 662 running Android 10.
ok ok maybe i am the poorest of you all as I am now using mi pad 2014 as main device:unsure:

Aksharr

Sep 18, 2019
Xiaomi Redmi 4X
only first boot works ig, I found a dev who worked with marvell soc samsung phone rom before but I dont think he is interested in this device, I might try building a rom from his work but as long as I know I dont think it will be possible, also there are 2-3 devices with same processor one might port them but they are useless anyways because they are also stuck on 4.4.2. Also anyone interested in porting can contact me I have those device firmware files

Reactions: MDSOPAN

lucas.g

Mar 30, 2011
Hi folks

Any idea what that is worth

I have to admit I did not even took the time to check the details. But the description is promising.

Kind regards,
Lucas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm working on bringing a fairly new version to degas, probably Android 7 or 8.
    Android 10 should work with some optimization- porting the kernel to a relatively new version would likely be the hardest part.

can only try lol
    Sorry, But there not a lot of people workng on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0.

This is really sad. :crying:
    I would like to bring mine back to new live too. :eek:

Please, dear developers, take care of the 7" Tab 4 too. :fingers-crossed:

Best regards

Balze
    im getting ready to refresh the kernel for this device and might be able to help with porting android 10
    I'm working on bringing a fairly new version to degas, probably Android 7 or 8.

im getting ready to refresh the kernel for this device and might be able to help with porting android 10

Presently sitting on an old build ROM

Pixelized-OS-v2.9-20180816-SM-T230NU-FIX

That has worked relatively well even on this device with limited storage, processor, and memory. Either way, I'd love to help my unit has been rooted for 3 or so years and please let all of us know if we can help.

Please also note, I use this device only as a backup, so starting over and trying something fresh can happen quickly.

Thanks for the help and support,

Sorli...