Any usable custom Rom for redmi9a?

Search This thread

bluedxca93

Nov 1, 2022
I would need WiFi without Hotspot and very simple Like lineage os.
Inside the Phone ive unlocked bootloader using Developer Options.
What can i do? The Stock Rom of the redmi 9a is extremly bloated. Just want to use web Browser and camera.
Ob my Samsung S3 ive loaded cyanogenmod and lineageos.it works mostly very Well...

Reactions: rimaille and byuwur

rimaille

Nov 15, 2022
Hi, the 9a is my daily and i can't have a semi functional phone, so i kept the original miui rom, which i debloated via the tool Universal Android Debloater.

No root requiered.
Fast and reliable.

Anyway, i'm interested as well in positive responses of your post, but i read all the posts for custom roms in dandelion and i've understood that at this moment no custom rom is fully functional...

Reactions: bluedxca93

bluedxca93

Nov 1, 2022
Thx. I did look at the debloat Script which helps a Lot already and replaced the launcher with launcher> . Any way to edit or dump the Stock Rom?

Or a Script to Block certain Hosts without root or von?
Thx again and Kind
regards bluedxca93

Ivan.Adriazola

Nov 8, 2022
Redmi 9A
Redmi 9a is my dayly also, I opted for using ArrowOS it has 4 issues:

No wifi hotspot (nor VOLTE whatever that means it was in the known issues of the build)

Even with Gapps, using google drive back ups for whatsapp is not posible, IDK maybe im dumb, i had to use a local backup transfer.

Google maps location is buggy, it works kinda, but sometimes even on good wifi it tells you it doesnt know your location (I use google maps a lot, this is actually my biggest issue so far).

The touchscreen issue that came with stock rom when I bought it is still there, not really arrowOS fault but it wouldve been nice if it was fixed.

but the pros are endless, the phone is literally at least 10 times faster, and this is comparing a couple weeks into use arrowOS to a just hard reseted OFW.

rimaille

Nov 15, 2022
Thx. I did look at the debloat Script which helps a Lot already and replaced the launcher with launcher> . Any way to edit or dump the Stock Rom?

Or a Script to Block certain Hosts without root or von?
Thx again and Kind
regards bluedxca93

I update my answer because i found a great way to get rid of ads without root :

I use since a couple of days an application that create a local proxy, an applicative firewall, a local dns.
It can force all applications to use it via a local vpn setup.

You can find it on f-droid repos to keep it updated.
You can configure a large set of ad blocker lists, privacy lists, children protection, etc

Adblock Plus seems to be a good alternative, but i didnt tried it, it use the same "vpn trick" : https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.adblockplus.android/

Last edited:

the_arxyn

Jul 27, 2021
Redmi 9A
The best custom rom i found for this device is Nusantara Project and the best custom recovery is Orange Fox Recovery (OFRP)

Top Liked Posts