Question Any way of forcing the screen to 120 Hz?

Search This thread

valiiii4

Aug 22, 2022
Hey, so I bought this phone around a week ago and while I love its hardware, I'm having real trouble getting it to move smoothly.

Specifically, I noticed that the screen drops to 60 Hz or less in many apps (confirmed through developer options), slowing down things like the drop-down menu as well. Now I understand that YouTube and most apps do not support more than 60 Hz: however, I do not understand why the phone slows down the scrolling and the notification menu as well. I previously had a One Plus 7 Pro that remained buttery smooth in the menus, even when running YouTube.

Is there a way to force the screen to 120 Hz for Vivo phones? I have tried a lot of the options which work for other brands (tried Setedit, ADB commands, SmartHertz etc), yet they do not do anything on the X80 Pro.

Did anyone manage to force the refresh rate in any way on this phone or on another recent Vivo phone? I haven't been able to find much for X80 Pro specifically.

Derpling

May 10, 2015
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Vivo X80 Pro
None so far, and all the apps support 120hz unless coded differently.

On mine ROG6, ALL apps works at ALL the refresh rates, on the vivo however, Youtube and spotify stuck on 60hz no matter what, it's purely Vivo's fault and i hope they'll fix it in the upcoming updates.

valiiii4

Aug 22, 2022
I hope they fix it soon as well, my Vivo is laggier than a midrange phone in daily use, despite having stellar hardware and great results in benchmarks. Certainly didn't expect that lol.

Narendra_B

Oct 19, 2013
Yeah me neither, still shocked how slow it is compared to any phone, actually.
I am on W30 funtouch OS 12.0.12.12 and I noticed that Show Refresh Rate is now showing 120 Hz all the time if 120 Hz is selected in settings. Even Youtube is at 120 Hz which is great. Even in Smart switch mode the refresh rate only toggles between 60 Hz and 120 Hz . In essence LTPO has stopped working and I did not notice battery drainage as such so I am happy also due to concerns on LTPO safety on eyes and the phone feels fast irrespective of whether an app supports 120 Hz or not

Naprzod

Nov 9, 2012
Latest SmartHertz version now supports manual modes, maybe with forced mode it will work on Vivo. Try it!

Last edited: