• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Any way to add MirrorLink?

Search This thread

mika91

Jul 31, 2008
Hi,

Is there any way to add MirrorLink support to the X Compact?
Too bad, Z3/Z5 compact have these feature, as all others X series. :confused:

So maybe a custom kernel or rom could make my phone compatible with my car?
Thanks

mika91

Jul 31, 2008
I can't find anywhere in the settings a "mirrorLink" menu. Only Miracast and Chrome cast! (sotck french rom, build 34.2.A.2.69)

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
Is there any way to add MirrorLink support to the X Compact?
Give this zip a try, I've extracted the mirrorlink files from the latest X Performance ROM and it has given me the menu but I don't have any compatible devices to test...

so4eaa.jpg

MirrorLink

Last edited:
Reactions: cp8443 and 9h0s7

Pieter17

Nov 4, 2017
MirrorLink on Xperia X Compact

Hi, could you mange to download mirrorlink to your Xperia X compact? I have the same problem, need MirrorLink to connect X compact to my Honda's infotainment system :(

cp8443

Nov 8, 2017
Thank you for file.
Unfortunatelly I am new to this and I don't know how to install that file. I just tried to unzip and install apk files. File SomcMirrorLinkServer-release.apk cannot be installed with error "The package appears to be corrupt". I assume that this is wrong installation procedure. I can see MirrorLink menu on Android but mirrorlink is not working with my car.
Could you provide some instructions?
Thank you and appreciate.

seaston

Nov 23, 2017
Code:
Thank you for file.
Unfortunatelly I am new to this and I don't know how to install that file. I just tried to unzip and install apk files. File SomcMirrorLinkServer-release.apk cannot be installed with error "The package appears to be corrupt". I assume that this is wrong installation procedure. I can see MirrorLink menu on Android but mirrorlink is not working with my car.

Same, I installed by sending the 3 apk files by Bluetooth. Then used the apkinstaller to install them. Only the SomcMirrorLinkServer-release.apk could not be installed. I have the menu option for mirror link, but I haven't tried connecting to a MirrorLink client yet. I think it will fail though, as you have already found.

Any ideas why the SomcMirrorLinkServer-release.apk will not install?

ondrejvaroscak

Jan 21, 2015
Aachen
Thank you for file.

Code:

Same, I installed by sending the 3 apk files by Bluetooth. Then used the apkinstaller to install them. Only the SomcMirrorLinkServer-release.apk could not be installed. I have the menu option for mirror link, but I haven't tried connecting to a MirrorLink client yet. I think it will fail though, as you have already found.

Any ideas why the SomcMirrorLinkServer-release.apk will not install?

You need rooted phone and custom recovery (TWRP) to install (flash) zip files. There is no way if you have no root.

xp5

May 12, 2019
I resume this thread...
Does anybody have success adding usb mirrolink to xperia xcompact?
What is the procedure to follow on a stock rom?
Thank You

Top Liked Posts