Any way to automatically reconnect SPP Slave GPS?

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
I'm having trouble that I never had on my Tilt in regards to using a bluetooth GPS with my Tilt 2.

I've always used GPSGate, but I can't get it to make a Bluetooth connection, so I'm trying a SPP com port connection, but when I do that it prompts me every time it wants to open the connection with a dialog like:

Bluetooth serial port

Please select a serial port connction shortcut to connect:

Add
HOLUX GPSlim 236 (SPP Slave)

I already have created the port (com2) in the Bluetooth prefs, and if I select the HOLUX entry it does connect, but it prompts every single time. Is there a way to make this reconnect automatically or any suggestions for the Bluetooth connection problem?

User22

Mar 1, 2005
Bump, maybe someone else is interested and trying this. Tilt 2's GPS seems better than the original Tilt but still nowhere near as good as a good Sirfstar chipset.
Well, i have the same problem as you with my European Pro2.

I allready reported this problem to HTC, pointing out that there is not posible to save the hardware settings on External GPS settings tab.

Joffa

Mar 12, 2004
Old stacks...

You used to be able to do it with a registry flag. But that no longer works. Just search for BTBrowserEnabled.

Nothing else works either that I have tried. have also placed a call to HTC about it. Using a HTC HD2 WM6.5.

At least if there was only one device it could auto connect. But no that would have far too easy.

Joffa.

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
You used to be able to do it with a registry flag. But that no longer works. Just search for BTBrowserEnabled.

Nothing else works either that I have tried. have also placed a call to HTC about it. Using a HTC HD2 WM6.5.

At least if there was only one device it could auto connect. But no that would have far too easy.

Joffa.
If you find out anything more, please post :)

rames

Mar 15, 2010
Tbilisi
I'm having trouble that I never had on my Tilt in regards to using a bluetooth GPS with my Tilt 2.

I've always used GPSGate, but I can't get it to make a Bluetooth connection, so I'm trying a SPP com port connection, but when I do that it prompts me every time it wants to open the connection with a dialog like:

Bluetooth serial port

Please select a serial port connction shortcut to connect:

Add
HOLUX GPSlim 236 (SPP Slave)

I already have created the port (com2) in the Bluetooth prefs, and if I select the HOLUX entry it does connect, but it prompts every single time. Is there a way to make this reconnect automatically or any suggestions for the Bluetooth connection problem?
I have same problem with HTC HD2. EveryTime when I need to use Holux M1000 BT GPS. I must go to BT settings and manualy connect SPP connection with BT device.

peace2make

Oct 1, 2006
Also have exactly the same problem trying to use a GNS TrafficBox FM9BT-C TMC receiver with iGo on a HD2. Pairs fine but then when you try to use iGo the window pops up again briefly but without enough time to allow you to select the com port.

Surely someone must know how to fix this?

Very annoying :mad: