Any way to bypass Android EQ when using UAPP's Bit-Perfect mode?

Search This thread

virtualnate

Aug 1, 2022
LG V60 ThinQ
Ok, I have tweaked the settings as per the firehose configuration and used Partition Manager under tools but it does not generate the list where I must find abl_a and abl_b, instead it says Download Fail: Sahara Fail: Q SaharaServer Fail: Process Fail

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
In QFIL, you must be in ufs mode of storage type. You can see/choose at the bottom right of the initial QFIL screen.

Last edited:

virtualnate

Aug 1, 2022
LG V60 ThinQ
Please choose UFS. See if it helps.
Screenshot (2489).png

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
You are doing everything right. Let me research your problem. Could take some time. Let us put your project on hold for now.

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
Alright, I believe somewhere some app/file(s) in your phone are meshing things up for partition display. I am assuming you had USB debugging turned on earlier before launching QFIL.

So here is the next step to get back in the game. Since you have already backed up all the data, please reset the phone from settings (deleting every thing)— essentially making it back to default. After reset makes V60 back to factory settings, put it back in USB debugging mode, as you did before.

Now try to launch QFIL after installing all the needed drivers. See if it allows you listing the partitions.

BTW, which Android version you are on?

virtualnate

Aug 1, 2022
LG V60 ThinQ
Alright, I believe somewhere some app/file(s) in your phone are meshing things up for partition display. I am assuming you had USB debugging turned on earlier before launching QFIL.

So here is the next step to get back in the game. Since you have already backed up all the data, please reset the phone from settings (deleting every thing)— essentially making it back to default. After reset makes V60 back to factory settings, put it back in USB debugging mode, as you did before.

Now try to launch QFIL after installing all the needed drivers. See if it allows you listing the partitions.

BTW, which Android version you are on?
I'm at work now but I can answer a few things. I had it on USB debugging prior to opening QFIL.

You mentioned to try QFIL after factory resetting the phone AND installing all the needed drivers? You mean on my phone or PC?

I'm actually on Android 12

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
Actually I was thinking the same thing. The reason is Android 10 firmware for LG V60 is the most robust version. I had updated my V60 to Android 11 and 12 and decided to roll back to Android 10 where I am totally happy.

When I had updated the firmware to 12, I ran into all kinds of problems. By being on Android 10, you really are not losing anything significant but gaining a time-tested solid firmware that gives awesome audio quality on top of everything. And if you still want to go to Android 12, that option is always there. T-Mobile firmware are easily available.

So I suggest flashing Android 10 firmware and see if it helps you!

Last edited:

virtualnate

Aug 1, 2022
LG V60 ThinQ
Actually I was thinking the same thing. The reason is Android 10 firmware for LG V60 is the most robust version. I had updated my V60 to Android 11 and 12 and decided to roll back to Android 10 where I am totally happy.

When I had updated the firmware to 12, I ran into all kinds of problems. By being on Android 10, you really are not losing anything significant but gaining a time-tested solid firmware that gives awesome audio quality on top of everything. And if you still want to go to Android 12, that option is always there. T-Mobile firmware are easily available.

So I suggest flashing Android 10 firmware and see if it helps you!
I figured as much. What's the best recommended way to rollback?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You won't be able to remove the LG 3D sound engine. Only EQ can be uninstalled.

Here is what I have on my LG V60 (audio-wise):

1. Phone is rooted. Magisk in installed.

2. Audio Modification Library installed as a Magisk module.

2. Viper 4 is installed with Dolby settings as convolver. I am using Viper 4 2.7.1.0.

3. DTS:X is installed as a Magisk module. DTS:X disables LG 3D sound.

RESULT: LG V60 sounds phenomenal! It sounds as good as an expensive dedicated media player.
    You must use a good earphone/headphone to truly appreciate the sound quality. I use Shure SE 846 and AKG N5005.
    If you follow all the instructions, there is no way that anything will go wrong. I know that initially it appears overwhelming but it really is not. The bootloader unlock and rooting should not take more than 20 minutes (for a beginner). If I had to do it (being familiar with the process), the whole thing could be done in 5 minutes.

No need to wait for the Google drive validation, I have attached the files here. After decompressing, you will end up with two files: (1) DTSUltra.zip and (2) Dolby Pro Logic II.irs. Do not decompress DTSUltra.zip. It is for Magisk to install in the native form. The second file i.e., Dolby Pro Logic should be copied in the kernel folder of Viper 4 (with root access). Once copied, just open Viper and choose it under "Convolver" option.

Please note that Viper 4 is an APK. So install it as any Android app. However, it does require root access to function.

As always, people in XDA are here to help!
    You are correct. The first two messages are all you need. Essentially the first step is to unlock the bootloader and then root access the phone -- just like the messages.

You will continue to get the Android security updates.
    Forgot to mention: Your approach to restore the data files are correct.