Any way to bypass Android EQ when using UAPP's Bit-Perfect mode?

Search This thread

virtualnate

Aug 1, 2022
LG V60 ThinQ
Ok! I was able to roll back to Android 10 V600TM10w!!! Once I installed the firmware, the phone said it was bricked, but to my surprise it generated a message which gave me the chance to factory reset the phone and voila, once I finished setting up the device I was on Android 10!!

Now when I connect my phone to my PC, it shows up under Portable Devices as V60 ThinQ 5G and also under Ports (COM & LPT) on TWO ports:
LGE Mobile USB Diagnostic Port (COM11)
LGE Mobile USB Serial Port (COM13)

Don't know what these mean. I've been trying to get the PORT working to be recognized by QFIL.

It's been a long day so I'll continue tomorrow. Happy to have made some progress for now. THANKS!!!!

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
When you flashed the new Android 10 firmware, did you choose “Partition” upgrade in the LGUP options? That will make sure that your Android 10 has no remains of previous operating system.

When you choose partition upgrade, it will show you all the partitions in a pop-up. Just choose all and let it upgrade to Android 10.

Don’t worry about two ports. Once in Android 10, go to settings and turn on the developers options. Then, as before, activate the USB debugging.

After that boot into EDL mode, as the V60 rooting guide tells you. Install the driver on your PC (like before). Launch QFIL and partitions should be there.

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
1.jpg

virtualnate

Aug 1, 2022
LG V60 ThinQ
Hi there, I successfully redid the downgrade to Android 10 by choosing Partition DL, then booted into EDL mode and Sahara once again failed. Don't know what else to look for.

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
I never had this problem but let us try this:

Please choose a different USB cable and a different USB port. Use a USB 2 port and cable not USB 3 port and cable. QFIL is not designed for USB 3.

Last edited:

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
I had bought a generic USB 2 cable from Amazon but you could try any generic USB cable and see if it works with QFIL. The thing is you must not connect your V60 on USB 3 port using USB 3 cable. QFIL was written in early days and can’t support high speed data connection.

Quite a few people had this problem that resolved with USB 2 usage.

virtualnate

Aug 1, 2022
LG V60 ThinQ
Would you mind posting the link? I have one but it's got the USB A connector on both ends and had to use one of those USB A to USB C adapters that usually come with Galaxy phones but didn't work.

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
Do you have a local store where you can get USB 2 cable? It will be the one with black inside NOT blue. Also, you can’t connect V60 to your computer via an adapter or cable extension. The phone must be connected directly to your computer using USB 2 cable at USB 2 port.

Amazon cable that I got.

virtualnate

Aug 1, 2022
LG V60 ThinQ
Do you have a local store where you can get USB 2 cable? It will be the one with black inside NOT blue. Also, you can’t connect V60 to your computer via an adapter or cable extension. The phone must be connected directly to your computer using USB 2 cable at USB 2 port.

Amazon cable that I got.
Thanks. Just bought it, it will arrive on the 20th. I'll message you then! TTYL

virtualnate

Aug 1, 2022
LG V60 ThinQ
Sorry I last messaged you so abruptly.

So out of desperation and excitement, I went to the nearest MicroCenter near me and picked up a USB 2.0 cable and still got the Sahara fail. I think that was my last resort. I don't think anything will change when the Amazon cable is delivered. I was wondering, would you be willing to root it and mod it for me exactly the way you did yours with the same Android 10 TMOB firmware you have? You would definitely be doing me a GREAT favor as I bought my V60 off Swappa for $250 primarily for audio purposes and I've been so frustrated with the process that I'm just giving up. Name a price, I'm willing to ship and pay you upfront!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You won't be able to remove the LG 3D sound engine. Only EQ can be uninstalled.

Here is what I have on my LG V60 (audio-wise):

1. Phone is rooted. Magisk in installed.

2. Audio Modification Library installed as a Magisk module.

2. Viper 4 is installed with Dolby settings as convolver. I am using Viper 4 2.7.1.0.

3. DTS:X is installed as a Magisk module. DTS:X disables LG 3D sound.

RESULT: LG V60 sounds phenomenal! It sounds as good as an expensive dedicated media player.
    You must use a good earphone/headphone to truly appreciate the sound quality. I use Shure SE 846 and AKG N5005.
    If you follow all the instructions, there is no way that anything will go wrong. I know that initially it appears overwhelming but it really is not. The bootloader unlock and rooting should not take more than 20 minutes (for a beginner). If I had to do it (being familiar with the process), the whole thing could be done in 5 minutes.

No need to wait for the Google drive validation, I have attached the files here. After decompressing, you will end up with two files: (1) DTSUltra.zip and (2) Dolby Pro Logic II.irs. Do not decompress DTSUltra.zip. It is for Magisk to install in the native form. The second file i.e., Dolby Pro Logic should be copied in the kernel folder of Viper 4 (with root access). Once copied, just open Viper and choose it under "Convolver" option.

Please note that Viper 4 is an APK. So install it as any Android app. However, it does require root access to function.

As always, people in XDA are here to help!
    You are correct. The first two messages are all you need. Essentially the first step is to unlock the bootloader and then root access the phone -- just like the messages.

You will continue to get the Android security updates.
    Forgot to mention: Your approach to restore the data files are correct.