• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Any way to Carrier Unlock Moto One 5G Ace

Search This thread

cyrusbyte

Feb 16, 2011
Is there any way to carrier unlock this from AT&T? I remember years ago there were some that you could use Odin to carrier unlock. Just curious if its possible with this one or if there is another method.

Reactions: FoneWatcher

cyrusbyte

Feb 16, 2011
I know there are some different tools for different phones, Odin was just the one I remembered.. I was thinking there was a fairly universal one but couldn't remember or find it. The model number is XT2113.

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN

devinpatterson

Jan 28, 2012
Wait the required 180 days lol

Considering it for a potential buy. Buyer is asking $75, so the price is right. I won't be going on metro though, I have way too many lines as it is. It's cheaper to just unlock than pay for 4 months of service, she had it on network for 40ish days and the metro rep says I can pick up where she left off.....which surprised me. I figured it'd be continuous service and/or per an account....but apparently not.
If it's from Metro, you cannot use a T-Mo SIM without unlocking it.

Metro SIM *can* be used on a T-Mo one without unlocking it though. MVNO rules are weird

I figured, but I appreciate the confirmation. Thanks again for the help iBow

devinpatterson

Jan 28, 2012
I wonder if it's unlocked, if it would be work on Verizon's network. It lists band 13 in the specs (I don't see any CDMA listed but I could have missed it, and I'm not really concerned about 3g anyway). But I guess it won't be listed in verizon's white list (IIRC that's how they validate IMEIs?). I've heard of peeps calling to get the imei added, but that seems like a long shot.....

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Considering it for a potential buy. Buyer is asking $75, so the price is right. I won't be going on metro though, I have way too many lines as it is. It's cheaper to just unlock than pay for 4 months of service, she had it on network for 40ish days and the metro rep says I can pick up where she left off.....which surprised me. I figured it'd be continuous service and/or per an account....but apparently not.
I'm assuming you meant SELLER is asking $75.

And no, 180 days total is what Metro requires - doesn't have to be continuous or even on the same number
I wonder if it's unlocked, if it would be work on Verizon's network. It lists band 13 in the specs (I don't see any CDMA listed but I could have missed it, and I'm not really concerned about 3g anyway). But I guess it won't be listed in verizon's white list (IIRC that's how they validate IMEIs?). I've heard of peeps calling to get the imei added, but that seems like a long shot.....
No, no CDMA. But most areas are VoLTE now anyways, so it's not as needed anymore.

Here's Verizon's BYOD check page: https://www.verizonwireless.com/onedp/byod

Top Liked Posts