• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Any way to disable Sony apps without root?

Search This thread

phositadc

May 7, 2010
Seems like at least once or twice a day some Sony app that I never use leaves some notification in my status bar. Is there any way to disable these Sony apps? I think the "What's New" app is one of the worst offenders.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Reactions: qvmuhuuxz

delvirtud

Jul 10, 2009
I think there is a way to disable them through the adb shell. I recall doing something similar on my Z3 that didn't require root. I will look into it further and get back to you. If any other person has this knowledge, post away.

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

I think there is a way to disable them through the adb shell. I recall doing something similar on my Z3 that didn't require root. I will look into it further and get back to you. If any other person has this knowledge, post away.

This should get you started.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SonyXperia...how_to_disable_whats_new_and_small_apps_from/

Last edited:

JenItols

Aug 9, 2015

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

This should get you started.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SonyXperia...how_to_disable_whats_new_and_small_apps_from/

Anytime I try to perform "pm hide" I get the
"Error: java.lang.SecurityException: Neither user 2000 nor current process has android.permission.MANAGE_USERS."

If anyone else has a suggestion please let me know because otherwise "pm hide" doesn't work.

serajr

Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
Seems like at least once or twice a day some Sony app that I never use leaves some notification in my status bar. Is there any way to disable these Sony apps? I think the "What's New" app is one of the worst offenders.

Anytime I try to perform "pm hide" I get the
"Error: java.lang.SecurityException: Neither user 2000 nor current process has android.permission.MANAGE_USERS."

If anyone else has a suggestion please let me know because otherwise "pm hide" doesn't work.

While kernel is vulnerable (MM), temp root does the job!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.