Any way to disable Sony apps without root?

Search This thread

phositadc

May 7, 2010
Seems like at least once or twice a day some Sony app that I never use leaves some notification in my status bar. Is there any way to disable these Sony apps? I think the "What's New" app is one of the worst offenders.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Reactions: qvmuhuuxz

delvirtud

Jul 10, 2009
I think there is a way to disable them through the adb shell. I recall doing something similar on my Z3 that didn't require root. I will look into it further and get back to you. If any other person has this knowledge, post away.

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

I think there is a way to disable them through the adb shell. I recall doing something similar on my Z3 that didn't require root. I will look into it further and get back to you. If any other person has this knowledge, post away.

This should get you started.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SonyXperia...how_to_disable_whats_new_and_small_apps_from/

Last edited:

JenItols

Aug 9, 2015

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

This should get you started.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SonyXperia...how_to_disable_whats_new_and_small_apps_from/

Anytime I try to perform "pm hide" I get the
"Error: java.lang.SecurityException: Neither user 2000 nor current process has android.permission.MANAGE_USERS."

If anyone else has a suggestion please let me know because otherwise "pm hide" doesn't work.

serajr

Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
Seems like at least once or twice a day some Sony app that I never use leaves some notification in my status bar. Is there any way to disable these Sony apps? I think the "What's New" app is one of the worst offenders.

Anytime I try to perform "pm hide" I get the
"Error: java.lang.SecurityException: Neither user 2000 nor current process has android.permission.MANAGE_USERS."

If anyone else has a suggestion please let me know because otherwise "pm hide" doesn't work.

While kernel is vulnerable (MM), temp root does the job!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.