Any way to fix Bootloader ?

Search This thread

elween07

Apr 23, 2011
Dear
I unlock my HTC10 then flash TWRP recovery and PE ROM
after that I do "fastboot oem lock" ..............
now my phone can't boot anymore >.<
When I power up my phone it only show "HTC" for half second then power off automatic. If I plug the power cable, it will keep turning on and off.
Is there are any way to fix that with out change motherboard ?

Following video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh9u7v-VoiQ

Last edited:

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Dear

wait why did you run fastboot oem lock??
if you were wanting to lock you need to run an RUU first (for future reference)

by the "phone can't boot anymore" do you mean like nothing. completely dead? (Bricked)
you can't get to bootloader or download mode? Try holding volume up, volume power and power for a few minutes, see if does anything.
does it show charging light?

I am not experienced enough to give more details, esp about motherboard, but if can get to download or bootloader try RUU that matches the firmware on it.

(gotta be very sure about what you're doing when running commands esp. once the device is unlocked. once unlocked it's on you what you flash and run..)

Last edited:

elween07

Apr 23, 2011
wait why did you run fastboot oem lock??
if you were wanting to lock you need to run an RUU first (for future reference)

by the "phone can't boot anymore" do you mean like nothing. completely dead? (Bricked)
you can't get to bootloader or download mode? Try holding volume up, volume power and power for a few minutes, see if does anything.
does it show charging light?

I am not experienced enough to give more details, esp about motherboard, but if can get to download or bootloader try RUU that matches the firmware on it.

(gotta be very sure about what you're doing when running commands esp. once the device is unlocked. once unlocked it's on you what you flash and run..)

Because there is a damn app only can run when the bootloader is locked... so I did that -.-. Now when I power up my phone it only show "HTC" for half second then power off automatic. If I plug the power cable, it will keep turning on and off

Following video

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Because there is a damn app only can run when the bootloader is locked... so I did that -.-. Now when I power up my phone it only show "HTC" for half second then power off automatic. If I plug the power cable, it will keep turning on and off

Following video

which app?
also why were you trying to lock?

I can't say but it seems like it could be a pain, but I hope not!

khaninator

Sep 4, 2019
Oh dear!

I dont like to tell you this, but you have hard bricked your phone and it cannot be fixed using software.

Locking the bootloader is ONLY for when you are on pure stock. Even having a custom recovery (like TWRP) isnt allowed even if the ROM is stock.

In locking it, you have hard-bricked it, and there isnt ANY way to recover this using software. Nobody on XDA has EVER been able to sort this one out.

Your best bet is one of two options:

1. Buy a new phone. Yeah, pain I know, but the HTC 10 is now 3.5 years old and it might be cheaper to just buy a new phone than try to fix it.

2. Get it fixed at a repair shop. I can imagine that a few local places might not be able to do it, but maybe somewhere can. It's worth an ask?

I seem to recall that using a JAVA card or something like that you might be able to fix it, but if you have locked the bootloader with a custom rom on it, then the chances are it is over for you.

Hey, don't beat yourself up too much about it; we've all done stupid things in the past. I reversed my car into a concrete post last month and it cost me a fortune to fix it!

Such is life.....

Reactions: andybones

bynarie

Aug 2, 2013
Hilliard OH
OnePlus 7T
Dear
When I power up my phone it only show "HTC" for half second then power off automatic. If I plug the power cable, it will keep turning on and off.

Following video

Bro, never relock the bootloader. That's just a bad idea. You most likely hard bricked your phone and there is no way back. That's not 100% for sure but if u flashed any non-htc images the bootloader will not boot it. Thats why you keep it unlocked, so it can boot unsigned images. That's why it keeps shutting off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh dear!

I dont like to tell you this, but you have hard bricked your phone and it cannot be fixed using software.

Locking the bootloader is ONLY for when you are on pure stock. Even having a custom recovery (like TWRP) isnt allowed even if the ROM is stock.

In locking it, you have hard-bricked it, and there isnt ANY way to recover this using software. Nobody on XDA has EVER been able to sort this one out.

Your best bet is one of two options:

1. Buy a new phone. Yeah, pain I know, but the HTC 10 is now 3.5 years old and it might be cheaper to just buy a new phone than try to fix it.

2. Get it fixed at a repair shop. I can imagine that a few local places might not be able to do it, but maybe somewhere can. It's worth an ask?

I seem to recall that using a JAVA card or something like that you might be able to fix it, but if you have locked the bootloader with a custom rom on it, then the chances are it is over for you.

Hey, don't beat yourself up too much about it; we've all done stupid things in the past. I reversed my car into a concrete post last month and it cost me a fortune to fix it!

Such is life.....