• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Any way to force google assistant instead of Bixby?

Search This thread

Talderon

Odd, I would think that it would work the same as on any other Samsung device. Just set it as Default. I also use a Package Manager to disable Bixby anything if I need too, but when I get my Fold 3 next week, I will let you know if someone has not answered by then. :D

Jake.S

My side button already activates Google Assistant by default, press and hold. I actually don't want it to. I have the power menu option selected for it in settings yet it does Google Assistant anyway! No bixby anywhere to be found.
How did you get google assistance on your button? Since right now only bixby is possible. Unless you install 3rd party app that does the work.

supersonic64126

Nov 1, 2008
Naples WE-FINALLY-HAVE-LTE FL!
How did you get google assistance on your button? Since right now only bixby is possible. Unless you install 3rd party app that does the work.
I have no idea! Smart switched from Note20 Ultra, and it just works like that. I don't want it. Like I said I set my power button to be a power button. I wish I knew! All I know is that Google assistant is set as default and side key is set to power menu. Maybe try that? I'm still trying to figure out how to disable this because I want my power menu back! If I figure it out I'll update here. (See attached video so you know I'm not just pulling your leg)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210926-111744_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210926-111744_Settings.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20210926-111621_Permission controller.jpg
    Screenshot_20210926-111621_Permission controller.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 63
  • VID_20210926_112221.mp4
    27.1 MB · Views: 0

supersonic64126

Nov 1, 2008
Naples WE-FINALLY-HAVE-LTE FL!
Okay I figured it out. Apparently I had a Bixby routine I forgot about! Must have carried over to my new phone but lost its "inactive" state. Not sure when I created this but totally forgot. So through Bixby routines you can override the preset options and make the button do whatever you want. Search for Bixby Routines and just create one like in the screenshot:
Screenshot_20210926-123739_Bixby Routines.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I read some where that in oneui 4.0 you will be able to replace bixby with Google assistance on button.