• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Any way to get Watch4 LTE standalone?

Search This thread

460cidpower

Aug 5, 2016
I see that there's only three LTE providers, Verizon, AT&T, T-mobile/Sprint.

My son's a kidnapping risk from my wife's ex. I'm trying to get a Watch4 that has it's own #. Right now I'm on Cricket for all my phones.

Is there any way to get a Watch4 that I could either put on Cricket or get it by itself on one of the big three? Thanks!

kodiak799

Jan 17, 2012
I see that there's only three LTE providers, Verizon, AT&T, T-mobile/Sprint.

My son's a kidnapping risk from my wife's ex. I'm trying to get a Watch4 that has it's own #. Right now I'm on Cricket for all my phones.

Is there any way to get a Watch4 that I could either put on Cricket or get it by itself on one of the big three? Thanks!

I believe VZW has two options - a number share or standalone.

For your stated purpose, I think I'd explore if there are more secretive/hidden options. Unless you're dealing with a dumb kidnapper, they'll get rid of the phone and watch immediately.

460cidpower

Aug 5, 2016

For your stated purpose, I think I'd explore if there are more secretive/hidden options. Unless you're dealing with a dumb kidnapper, they'll get rid of the phone and watch immediately.
Thanks, do you have any recommendations on alternatives? Most gps tags only work within Bluetooth range.

What is the difference between number share and standalone? In my country the operator offers number share