Any way to recover from "Use the Emergency Recovery..." screen without Smart Switch

sjbanner

Nov 6, 2011
Spijkenisse, NL
I was trying to shift my S10e from Italian firmware to Dutch firmware (being where I live), using Odin failed. Now I am stuck in the "An error has occurred ... Use the Emergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC software." screen, but I never used it to make a backup so that's not useful. Everything I have tried at this point either seems to do nothing, or brings me back to this same screen.
"Vol-Down & Bixby" which I used to get to download doesn't do anything at all.
"Vol-Down & Power" which got me here from recovery just turns off the screen and then it comes back here.
Trying "Vol-Down & Power" and trying to switch to "Vol-Down & Bixby" while the screen is off (not easy) just comes back here.
And the screen doesn't turn off for more than a few seconds, regardless of what I do.

Any suggestions? Thanks much.

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
Any suggestions?
AFAIK the device still is in download mode when showing this error message, so you should be able to connect the device to your PC and use Odin to re-flash the full firmware. Odin should show that the device is connected when you plug USB.

Good luck and please let me know if it worked.

sjbanner

Nov 6, 2011
Spijkenisse, NL
@hainguyenthao replied to me in PM, and got me sorted out. Many thanks there.

He restarted the phone into to download mode over remote USB connection, then Odin did the job - off of a different laptop that wasn't being flakey with the USB connection (no idea why the original machine was being flakey, but my bad that I didn't take measures to mitigate first, given the potential issues.

Reactions: okij

sjbanner

Nov 6, 2011
Spijkenisse, NL
AFAIK the device still is in download mode when showing this error message, so you should be able to connect the device to your PC and use Odin to re-flash the full firmware. Odin should show that the device is connected when you plug USB.

Good luck and please let me know if it worked.
I didn't get to try it till after it got fixed, so I don't know if it worked, but I apprecite the suggestion.