Any way to recover my bricked phone? (wiped recovery, erecovery, data, system....)

Search This thread
Mar 18, 2018
Hello guys...
So, without going too much into details of how I idiotically f-ed up pretty much everything... I just want to say that I've already lost about 12 hours reading through the forum trying to solve the problem and to understand how everything works, and by what I understood... I bricked the phone?

Firstly, I managed to unlock the bootloader with the HCU Client (Phone unlocked, FRP unlocked). At some points I've managed to boot into TWRP's, but I flashed them without understanding that I should have installed the recommended ones by the guys on this forum instead of the official one, with which I wiped System and Data partition.
I've tried hard but never managed to boot any of the Custom ROMs available, especially the LineageOS 16 which I wanted but later on, through a specific TWRP which gave an error information that it's meant for Hisilicon, and not for Kirin SoC...

I also had no idea when I was booting into recovery, and when into erecovery, because I flashed TWRP over both of them... I have really no idea what was the last thing to happen, but now it seems as if I can't boot into eRecovery anymore, and whatever I try flashing to the recovery_ramdisk over Fastboot, I just always get the same error when trying to boot into recovery
Error! Func NO : 11 (recovery image)
Error NO : 2 (load failed!)

Now I'm also having an issue because my battery has drained and it doesn't seem to turn on without it being connected to the charger or a PC.

Is there anything that I can do to make it work with any Custom ROM?

-Alf-

I've managed to boot into TWRP's, but I flashed them without understanding that I should have installed the recommended ones by the guys on this forum instead of the official one, with which I wiped System and Data partition.
This is the result of some people posting nonsense here.

In fastboot mode run commands:

fastboot oem get-build-number
fastboot oem get-product-model
fastboot getvar vendorcountry
fastboot oem oeminforead-CUSTOM_VERSION
fastboot oem oeminforead-SYSTEM_VERSION

and post the results.

Mar 18, 2018

and post the results.
> fastboot oem get-build-number
(bootloader) :ANE-LX1 8.0.0.126(C432)

> fastboot oem get-product-model
(bootloader) ANE-LX1

> fastboot getvar vendorcountry
vendorcountry: hw/eu

> fastboot oem oeminforead-CUSTOM_VERSION
FAILED (remote: 'The reason of failed input oem_nv_item error!')
fastboot: error: Command failed

> fastboot oem oeminforead-SYSTEM_VERSION
(bootloader) :ANE-LX1 9.1.0.132(C432E5R1P7)

Totesnochill

Apr 27, 2021

and post the results.
Alf is right:
  1. Gather info about your phone with the fastboot commands -Alf- provided.
  2. Using this info, find TWRP that 100% supports your phone. TWRP that is recommended in the "p20 lite basics" thread on XDA.
  3. Start phone in fastboot mode. Use the fastboot boot twrp.img command to TEMPORARILY boot into TWRP (twrp.img must be in the same folder as fastboot.exe)
  4. If TWRP hangs, reboot, try another TWRP
  5. Once you are in TWRP, perform wipe and advanced wipe to clean up EVERY PARTITION (except sdcard) that you've messed up in the internal memory.
  6. wipe data again to enable USB file transfer
  7. Find a ROM for your phone. USE THE INFO FROM STEP 1 to figure out if the rom is REALLY for your model AND hardware revision of the phone. Pay attention to the device serial number and codename! ROMS developers use device codenames to indicate what model is compatible and what isnt. Huawei p20 lite has a total of 7(!!!) hardware revisions, and ROMS for each are different and likely NOT cross-compatible, which means if you install the wrong one, you will end up with a brick or a bootloop.
  8. While TWRP is still on, Transfer ROM.zip to the phone.
  9. In TWRP, use "Install" option to flash the ROM.
  10. DO NOT FLASH TWRP PERMANENTLY! LET THE STOCK RECOVERY BE. FLASHING TWRP TO A/B (DUAL SLOT) DEVICES WILL 99% RESULT IN A BOOTLOOP. MOST MODERN DEVICES ARE A/B.
  11. Flash Gapps if you need.
  12. Reboot. Will take longer to start on the first boot.

Last edited:

-Alf-

Alf is right:
  2. Using this info, find TWRP that 100% supports your phone.
  3. Start phone in fastboot mode. Use the fastboot boot twrp.img command to TEMPORARILY boot into TWRP (twrp.img must be in the same folder as fastboot.exe)
  5. Once you are in TWRP, perform wipe and advanced wipe to clean up EVERY PARTITION (except sdcard) that you've messed up in the internal memory.
  7. Find a ROM for your phone. USE THE INFO FROM STEP 1 to figure out if the rom is REALLY for your model AND hardware revision of the phone. Pay attention to the device serial number and codename! ROMS developers use device codenames to indicate what model is compatible and what isnt. Huawei p20 lite has a total of 7(!!!) hardware revisions, and ROMS for each are different and likely NOT cross-compatible, which means if you install the wrong one, you will end up with a brick or a bootloop.
  10. DO NOT FLASH TWRP PERMANENTLY! LET THE STOCK RECOVERY BE. FLASHING TWRP TO A/B (DUAL SLOT) DEVICES WILL 99% RESULT IN A BOOTLOOP. MOST MODERN DEVICES ARE A/B.
As I said before :cool:
some people posting nonsense here.

Mar 18, 2018
Alf is right:
  2. Using this info, find TWRP that 100% supports your phone. TWRP that is recommended in the "p20 lite basics" thread on XDA.

Sorry, but I'm already stuck at step 3:

PS C:\adb> fastboot boot twrp.img
Sending 'boot.img' (15652 KB) OKAY [ 0.411s]
Booting FAILED (remote: 'Command not allowed')

Totesnochill

Apr 27, 2021
Sorry, but I'm already stuck at step 3:

PS C:\adb> fastboot boot twrp.img
Sending 'boot.img' (15652 KB) OKAY [ 0.411s]
Booting FAILED (remote: 'Command not allowed')
I see. Some phones have this issue. where bootloader will not allow the "boot" command. Can be for a number of reasons:

1. Bootloader isnt "fully" unlocked, please check with the unlocking guide/service provider (if unlock was a paid service)
2. Bootloader is in "retail" mode, not a "service" mode. Some manufacturers do not intend for bootloader to be unlocked, and ship the devices with a restricted "retail" version that blocks certain commands.

also, why is your fastboot sending the "boot.img" while the command had " twrp img" as a payload?

I take it the bootloader still lets you use the "flash" command? If true, flash TWRP temporarily by "fastboot flash boot twrp.img", restart teh phone using the recovery menu keycombo

-Alf-

> fastboot oem get-build-number
(bootloader) :ANE-LX1 8.0.0.126(C432)

> fastboot oem get-product-model
(bootloader) ANE-LX1

> fastboot getvar vendorcountry
vendorcountry: hw/eu

> fastboot oem oeminforead-CUSTOM_VERSION
FAILED (remote: 'The reason of failed input oem_nv_item error!')

> fastboot oem oeminforead-SYSTEM_VERSION
(bootloader) :ANE-LX1 9.1.0.132(C432E5R1P7)
you've mixed apples and oranges nicely :) .
Try this way out, using HuRupdater
Guide
Downloand TWRP
Here

Mar 18, 2018
you've mixed apples and oranges nicely :) .
Try this way out, using HuRupdater
Guide
Downloand TWRP
Here
Thank you, I've put them in blender and set it to "lightspeed" mode

I'm sorry, but flashing that TWRP gives me the exact error I've been getting before when trying to boot into Recovery... the fact that the phone can't charge also gives some headache to actually even try to boot into the recovery. I just can't get into.

Edit: The furthest I can get to is that recovery error message.

flashgordon65

Nov 27, 2022
hi there..was reading about your problem..i'm not sure if the same rules apply to all or most phones with regards to flashing twrp or using fastboot..i'm assuming that they do.
So, are you able to boot into fastboot and/or recovery?
if no to recovery, i guess it may be the wrong twrp, i hope you can at least boot into fastboot without any issues.
Personally i had a xiaomi poco f2 pro 6/128 and then i bought another same model phone but 8/256 from a fellow who almost bricked his phone..it was just blinking, when i restarted the phone, it went straight into blinking whenever i tried to boot into recovery, and it wouldnt boot into system anyway cos there was nothing there. so i figured it was stuck in recovery loop.

i was fortunate that i was able to hook up to it using my pc...then using command prompt, i was able to switch to fastboot mode..then i tried downloading and flashing different twrps, over 10 different twrps, and finally one worked..then it was smooth sailing from then on..and presto, that became my daily use phone. :)

Last edited:

-Alf-

Thank you, I've put them in blender and set it to "lightspeed" mode

I'm sorry, but flashing that TWRP gives me the exact error I've been getting before when trying to boot into Recovery... the fact that the phone can't charge also gives some headache to actually even try to boot into the recovery. I just can't get into.

Edit: The furthest I can get to is that recovery error message.
Can you boot into eRecovery (into TWRP installee over eRecovery)? If so, try to flash eRecovery_ramdisk.img in TWRP,
download Here for EMUI 9.1
or Here for 8.0 (I'm not sure what is your current version).
In eRecovery mode you can charge the phone ( charging should also work in TWRP which is installed instead of eRecovery).

Mar 18, 2018
hi there..was reading about your problem..i'm not sure if the same rules apply to all or most phones with regards to flashing twrp or using fastboot..i'm assuming that they do.
So, are you able to boot into fastboot and/or recovery?
if no to recovery, i guess it may be the wrong twrp, i hope you can at least boot into fastboot without any issues.
Can you boot into eRecovery (into TWRP installee over eRecovery)? If so, try to flash eRecovery_ramdisk.img in TWRP,
download Here for EMUI 9.1
or Here for 8.0 (I'm not sure what is your current version).
In eRecovery mode you can charge the phone ( charging should also work in TWRP which is installed instead of eRecovery).
I can boot to the Fastboot, but unfortunately I can't boot to either recovery or erecovery... When trying to boot to the recovery by holding the power+volume up button until I see the "Your device has been unlocked" warning message + 2 seconds (which is when I see the recovery error message), or when trying to boot while plugged into USB also holding the power+volume up button just leaves me at "Your device is booting now...." forever

-Alf-

I can boot to the Fastboot, but unfortunately I can't boot to either recovery or erecovery... When trying to boot to the recovery by holding the power+volume up button until I see the "Your device has been unlocked" warning message + 2 seconds (which is when I see the recovery error message), or when trying to boot while plugged into USB also holding the power+volume up button just leaves me at "Your device is booting now...." forever
doesn't look good bro, try the following :
in fastboot mode run commands
fastboot erase user data
fastboot reboot

Mar 18, 2018
PS C:\adb> fastboot erase userdata
Erasing 'userdata' (bootloader) success to erase cryypt info in oeminfo
OKAY [ 0.215s]
Finished. Total time: 0.236s

PS C:\adb> fastboot reboot
Rebooting OKAY [ 0.024s]
Finished. Total time: 0.024s

Okay, what can I do now? I've tried flashing twrp right after that but solely rebooting get's me stuck at "Your device is booting now...", and trying to boot to recovery gives me the same error again

-Alf-

PS C:\adb> fastboot erase userdata
Erasing 'userdata' (bootloader) success to erase cryypt info in oeminfo
OKAY [ 0.215s]
Finished. Total time: 0.236s

PS C:\adb> fastboot reboot
Rebooting OKAY [ 0.024s]
Finished. Total time: 0.024s

Okay, what can I do now? I've tried flashing twrp right after that but solely rebooting get's me stuck at "Your device is booting now...", and trying to boot to recovery gives me the same error again
Download stock Recovery Oreo
Link
Flash it in fastboot
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk RECOVERY_RAMDISK-ANE-8.0.img
- fastboot reboot
Then try to boot into Recovery.

What exactly did you do after unlocking your phone? Did you upgrade back to A9? If so, then flash recovery_ramdisk A9
Download here

Mar 18, 2018
Download stock Recovery Oreo
Link
Flash it in fastboot
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk RECOVERY_RAMDISK-ANE-8.0.img
- fastboot reboot
Then try to boot into Recovery.

What exactly did you do after unlocking your phone? Did you upgrade back to A9? If so, then flash recovery_ramdisk A9
Download here
I've tried both, they give me the same error.
After I flash the recovery I can't really reboot straight into recovery because of the issue with the battery... somehow I gotta hold the Volume UP key, while catching exact moment when I can unplug USB after the low battery status page passes, and before Huawei logo appears...

After unlocking the phone I flashed TWRP over either recovery or erecovery (idk anymore)... then I probably installed Pixel Experience 13 ROM (https://github.com/ponces/treble_build_pe/releases)
And after that... I tried too many things I can't even remember anymore.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've managed to boot into TWRP's, but I flashed them without understanding that I should have installed the recommended ones by the guys on this forum instead of the official one, with which I wiped System and Data partition.

and post the results.