Any way to retrieve stored wifi password from Android device without root and ADB??

Search This thread

xbarsasy

Jun 15, 2014
Marburg
And how do you explain, that it's possible to make a complete ADB Backup of your System without root? :)

- It's possible ;)

Try this:

adb pull /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf C:\Users\*username*\Desktop\wpa_supplicant.conf

(also read here how it works)

Pls report back :)

You can't access to /data folder without root ...
You need first to give root access to Adb shell
This is what I know
Any way I tried what you say on a rooterd device I get permission denied :(
When I tried on non-rooted device I got no such file or directory
How to take full backup with ADB ?
t7M7e3.png

Last edited:
Reactions: rcauvin

grosseader

Feb 3, 2014
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8
Guys, may be samsung is doing it, but my wifi passwords in /data/misc/wifi /wpa_suppliciant.conf are crypted ! Some code is written on all pass fields!
I know most of the passwords, but i need one which i've forgot . Is there a APK ot other method to decryp them ?! May be windows application ? If i out other passwords codes, and real passwords to crack the edncryption ?

josephjohn84

Jan 26, 2015
Wifi password backup location

Hello all, i recently formatted my galaxy note 2, with the backup option on (including the wifi password), however, the wifi password did not restore and now, i want to know the location of the wifi password backup location, so that i can manually punch in it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph

Luvz

Oct 13, 2013
how to do it on non-root

hey non of these tips works for me since my phone is not rooted, so how could this be possible with no root? who knows?

timonoj

Oct 22, 2010
Hong Kong
And how do you explain, that it's possible to make a complete ADB Backup of your System without root? :)

- It's possible ;)

Try this:

adb pull /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf C:\Users\*username*\Desktop\wpa_supplicant.conf

(also read here how it works)

Pls report back :)
timonoj@LAPTOP:~/temp$ adb pull /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf ./wpa_supplicant.conf
remote object '/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf' does not exist
timonoj@LAPTOP:~/temp$ adb pull /data/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf ./wpa_supplicant.conf
remote object '/data/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf' does not exist
timonoj@LAPTOP:~/temp$ adb shell
shell@htc_m8:/ $ cd /data
shell@htc_m8:/data $ ls
opendir failed, Permission denied
255|shell@htc_m8:/data $ cd wifi
/system/bin/sh: cd: /data/wifi: No such file or directory
2|shell@htc_m8:/data $ cd misc
shell@htc_m8:/data/misc $ ls
opendir failed, Permission denied
255|shell@htc_m8:/data/misc $ cd wifi
/system/bin/sh: cd: /data/misc/wifi: Permission denied
2|shell@htc_m8:/data/misc $ exit
timonoj@LAPTOP:~/temp$ adb pull /data/misc/wpa_supplicant.conf ./wpa_supplicant.conf
remote object '/data/misc/wpa_supplicant.conf' does not exist
It really looks to me like you need root...

rezaconvert

Apr 15, 2015
Pls heeeeeeeeeeelp meeeeeee

befor every think i must thank of Xda teams and excuse for low language me ...
my phone is Note 3 N9005 with full Root
when i go this address /data/misc/wifi/ wpa_supplicant.conf i dont see password but i see 64 character like this :
network={
ssid="Lucifer"
psk=0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
priority=2

But to my friend's phone is true : (galaxy s5)
network={
ssid="Lucifer"
psk="12345678"
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
priority=1
i test all programs wifi password recovery but all applications show me 64 character in psk line...
pls help me i tired

sahil hacker

Mar 3, 2016
One way to get password is
1. Go to settings and backup your app data,WiFipassword.
2.take a rooted mobile and reset it.
3. Add your gmail account where you backuped your data.
4.after backup download password recovery and backup app and there is password.
Thanks

Pine Sap

Mar 21, 2016
So admin/root is not required to write/change the password file, but admin/root is required to read/view it? So many complaints about this. Why not encrypt or password protect that file? Clearly many people want access to their own info without rooting. Allow a choice.

afig23

Apr 24, 2016
So admin/root is not required to write/change the password file, but admin/root is required to read/view it? So many complaints about this. Why not encrypt or password protect that file? Clearly many people want access to their own info without rooting. Allow a choice.

The goal isn't keeping authorized users from seeing passwords that they entered, but rather keeping apps from allowing people to access or share access to networks which they are not authorized to be on.

For example, if anyone could access these passwords then anyone could get the password to a secured school or business network. That's why administrator access is needed to view passwords but not add new networks (since ideally, adding a network won't break anything major).

The issue is that device manufacturers believe that most people don't have a need for administrator privileges, and that it's safer if they don't have access to them. That's really what rooting does: giving you (and apps that you allow) administrator (in Linux terms: Super User/root) access. Using ADB gives you some administrarive read access to files, since at that point it's known that you have some authorized access to the device, and that you are not a malicious app.

shallmann

Jul 9, 2016
With Samsung devices if it shows hex code for password, you need to open /system/build.prop file with a text editor and change the line ro.securestorage.support=true to false and reboot. Now your app shows actual passwords and not hex string.

Reactions: mbeutler

Suncatcher16

Oct 15, 2011
Kyiv
Samsung Galaxy S9
OnePlus 8
With Samsung devices if it shows hex code for password, you need to open /system/build.prop file with a text editor and change the line ro.securestorage.support=true to false and reboot. Now your app shows actual passwords and not hex string.

Yes, it shows. But it only affects newly created entries (new networks) and not the old ones. To see passes for existing SSIDs you should retype their passwords again, which makes this option useless.

Last edited:

shallmann

Jul 9, 2016
Sorry that it's 'useless' for you. But it does remove hex code for future connections, maybe someone else will find it useful.

Last edited:

Hsis

Sep 19, 2016
Your just a b.it.ch aren't you? I'm going to report you? Really? Let's grow up and tell us when you finish middle school. Not everyone is out to do "evil"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use this APP

WiFi Pass Recovery & Backup Best app just showed the password but ROOT required.

Just download the file attached
    AW: Any way to retrieve stored wifi password from Android device without root and ADB

I also dont have access to ADB.

Everybody have access to ABD!
    Just activade it at developers settings
    Pull with ABD the file
    /data/misc/wifi/ wpa_supplicant.conf
    to your PC. There are saved all wifi-passwords ;)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4
    Sounds suspicious to me!

If it's a work phone why do you need the wifi password?

If it's already connected why do you need to know the password?

Why don't you just ask your network admin the password if you are allowed access?

Please explain yourself before I report you..
    Wtf are you on about you Nazi? No one here needs to explain anything to you. Hopefully by now you've pulled your head out of the proverbial dark and dank hole.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Your just a b.it.ch aren't you? I'm going to report you? Really? Let's grow up and tell us when you finish middle school. Not everyone is out to do "evil"
    Hi Guys...

I have a GS3 connected to a wifi network. I want to reteive the wifi network password from it. I know we can do it if the device is rooted. I also dont have access to ADB. Is there any other way to retrieve the password from the device without Root and ADB??