any way to root my v60 T-mobile?

Search This thread

texas7412

Mar 27, 2017
LG V30
LG V60 ThinQ
i updated to android 12, without any modifications prior, is it possible to root this phone still? or is there no root method for android 12 yet? i've been curious on rooting it for a little while now.

texas7412

Mar 27, 2017
LG V30
LG V60 ThinQ
  • Love
Reactions: surgemanx

surgemanx

Jan 29, 2022
Thank you! I hope it works fine for me.. i don't really want to kill my phone Lol i've had a lot of experience with rooting and unbricking phones, but i'm still a bit on edge especially with this one given its price compared to like $50 or less i've paid for others Haha
We have the firehose for the V60!The possibilities are endless..lol.. :)

Reactions: texas7412

surgemanx

Jan 29, 2022
i hate to say it.. but the tutorial isn't working for me :( in qfil it tells me "Please make sure you have selected the correct programmer in flat build page" i rebooted it into the 9008 mode 10-20 times now and it hasn't worked..
Here,try this one.I just used it not even 10 minutes ago to make a full LUNS back up of a V60 I have laying on my desk.I'm actually using LUNS backups to crossflash other carrier V60's with AT&T software so the VoLTE works.

Edit:Oh,make sure you choose flat build.Then choose this firehose.

Attachments

• V60_prog _ufs_firehose_sm8250_lge.zip
    311.1 KB · Views: 5

texas7412

Mar 27, 2017
LG V30
LG V60 ThinQ
Here,try this one.I just used it not even 10 minutes ago to make a full LUNS back up of a V60 I have laying on my desk.I'm actually using LUNS backups to crossflash other carrier V60's with AT&T software so the VoLTE works.

this was certainly an interesting experience, i could unlock the bootloader, but doing it via the file thing provided it won't work, going to fastboot and doing fastboot oem unlock, then booting into a twrp recovery and flashing magisk v24.3, it bricked the OS and i had to fight to get it to boot, twrp broke and is locked it refuses to unlock, it gave me an odd looking recovery mode as if it was from android kitkat or something (thats the best i can describe it, it looked much different from the other recovery to wipe) and it said it couldn't boot android and it said to factory reset, so i did.. it downgraded me to android 11 and now its rooted but i can't update to android 12 now because of it being rooted? is there a way to update to 12 now?

surgemanx

Jan 29, 2022
this was certainly an interesting experience, i could unlock the bootloader, but doing it via the file thing provided it won't work, going to fastboot and doing fastboot oem unlock, then booting into a twrp recovery and flashing magisk v24.3, it bricked the OS and i had to fight to get it to boot, twrp broke and is locked it refuses to unlock, it gave me an odd looking recovery mode as if it was from android kitkat or something (thats the best i can describe it, it looked much different from the other recovery to wipe) and it said it couldn't boot android and it said to factory reset, so i did.. it downgraded me to android 11 and now its rooted but i can't update to android 12 now because of it being rooted? is there a way to update to 12 now?
Afraid not because OTA updates will look for rooted or bootloader unlocked devices and will normally give you a white screen error code.Nature of the beast I guess you could say.If you don't plan on doing a custom rom or trying to remove OEM software it's not really worth it honestly.

texas7412

Mar 27, 2017
LG V30
LG V60 ThinQ
Afraid not because OTA updates will look for rooted or bootloader unlocked devices and will normally give you a white screen error code.Nature of the beast I guess you could say.If you don't plan on doing a custom rom or trying to remove OEM software it's not really worth it honestly.
Ahh okay. Thanks though! Do you know why it would have downgraded from 12 to 11 though? that doesn't really make any sense to me.. why did rooting downgrade without me installing an older system or anything like that?

pflatlyne

Apr 24, 2007
Thank you! I hope it works fine for me.. i don't really want to kill my phone Lol i've had a lot of experience with rooting and unbricking phones, but i'm still a bit on edge especially with this one given its price compared to like $50 or less i've paid for others Haha
Think about it this way, a V60 with a broken screen is less than 100 bucks. If you brick it, you can fix it for far less than bricking any other phone in a similar class.

surgemanx

Jan 29, 2022
Ahh okay. Thanks though! Do you know why it would have downgraded from 12 to 11 though? that doesn't really make any sense to me.. why did rooting downgrade without me installing an older system or anything like that?
Now,that's an odd one.My thoughts would be because of the engineering bootloader that's written for unlocking purposes?Are you sure it was A12 to begin with?lol..

surgemanx

Jan 29, 2022
Think about it this way, a V60 with a broken screen is less than 100 bucks. If you brick it, you can fix it for far less than bricking any other phone in a similar class.
And this is very true!The V60 was way ahead of it's time!It's a shame LG devices were never marketed properly and supported on a local retail level like they should have been.And even if you did brick them,worst thing would be peeling the back off and hitting the testpoint to bring it back to life.

Last edited:

texas7412

Mar 27, 2017
LG V30
LG V60 ThinQ
Now,that's an odd one.My thoughts would be because of the engineering bootloader that's written for unlocking purposes?Are you sure it was A12 to begin with?lol..
Yes! I was so excited that i got 12 on it, the bootloader shows its android 12 though.. which is really confusing to me.. is there any chance there's an android 12 kdz for this phone floating around that i could try to root and flash? i'm kind of regretting it now, i can't get the fingerprint scanner working following the tutorial there.. i can't update to 12 again it just fails to download, my recovery mode is gone, i can't get back into the bootloader/fastboot mode only EDL mode but it won't recognize anything within windows, adb won't work nor fastboot, can i recover it still if i wish to go back to stock?

The good news is, it gets much better benchmark scores and is much much faster..
on geekbench, 1688 single core, 6203 multicore, it had a higher score but said it was invalid? that one was 4067 single core, 15601 multicore

antutu, it scored 695755 with just using kernel auditor and maxing out the cpu freq and setting gpu freq to 870mhz.

Edit: I just remembered, for where you mentioned the bootloader, i don't have the engineering one installed. i never got that far to even install it. just android debugging > oem unlock > fastboot > fastboot oem unlock

Last edited:

surgemanx

Jan 29, 2022
Yes! I was so excited that i got 12 on it, the bootloader shows its android 12 though.. which is really confusing to me.. is there any chance there's an android 12 kdz for this phone floating around that i could try to root and flash? i'm kind of regretting it now, i can't get the fingerprint scanner working following the tutorial there.. i can't update to 12 again it just fails to download, my recovery mode is gone, i can't get back into the bootloader/fastboot mode only EDL mode but it won't recognize anything within windows, adb won't work nor fastboot, can i recover it still if i wish to go back to stock?

The good news is, it gets much better benchmark scores and is much much faster..
on geekbench, 1688 single core, 6203 multicore, it had a higher score but said it was invalid? that one was 4067 single core, 15601 multicore

antutu, it scored 695755 with just using kernel auditor and maxing out the cpu freq and setting gpu freq to 870mhz.

Edit: I just remembered, for where you mentioned the bootloader, i don't have the engineering one installed. i never got that far to even install it. just android debugging > oem unlock > fastboot > fastboot oem unlock

surgemanx

Jan 29, 2022
That depends on what model of V60 you have?Most of the kdz files for Verizon or T-Mobile can be found at the link below.AT&T or Sprint no kdz's to be found except back up Qfil copies I have found.Take a look,and LGUP it if you find the firmware you want.Most will be A11 and you can just OTA back to A12 with no problem.

Last edited:

texas7412

Mar 27, 2017
LG V30
LG V60 ThinQ
That depends on what model of V60 you have?Most of the kdz files for Verizon or T-Mobile can be found at the link below.AT&T or Sprint no kdz's to be found except back up Qfil copies I have found.Take a look,and LGUP it if you find the firmware you want.Most will be A11 and you can just OTA back to A12 with no problem.

okay good! Thank you! Is there any chance of a android 12 KDZ for the t-mobile variant? and if i flash back an original KDZ, will i have to wipe everything again? Thanks.

surgemanx

Jan 29, 2022
okay good! Thank you! Is there any chance of a android 12 KDZ for the t-mobile variant? and if i flash back an original KDZ, will i have to wipe everything again? Thanks.
If you refurb it with LGUP it will wipe it all.The T-Mobile model has A12,but no physical kdz as of yet.So,you'll have to OTA back to A12 once you set it all back up.

texas7412

Mar 27, 2017
LG V30
LG V60 ThinQ
If you refurb it with LGUP it will wipe it all.The T-Mobile model has A12,but no physical kdz as of yet.So,you'll have to OTA back to A12 once you set it all back up.
HEY! SO I FLASHED THE STOCK BOOT A AND BOOT B AND THEN IT LET ME UPDATE TO 12!

i let the update do its thing, reflashed TWRP and then flashed the patched boot a and b, now i have a rooted android 12. WOOHOO!

surgemanx

Jan 29, 2022
HEY! SO I FLASHED THE STOCK BOOT A AND BOOT B AND THEN IT LET ME UPDATE TO 12!

i let the update do its thing, reflashed TWRP and then flashed the patched boot a and b, now i have a rooted android 12. WOOHOO!
Yes,that wil work until the next update.If it's modified when the next OTA hits,it will give you the update error.Basically,you just set it back stock and the update works.But,glad you have it worked out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i updated to android 12, without any modifications prior, is it possible to root this phone still? or is there no root method for android 12 yet? i've been curious on rooting it for a little while now.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/v60-bootloader-unlock-and-magisk-root.4358785/ Reports are saying it works fine.
    We have the firehose for the V60!The possibilities are endless..lol.. :)
    i hate to say it.. but the tutorial isn't working for me :( in qfil it tells me "Please make sure you have selected the correct programmer in flat build page" i rebooted it into the 9008 mode 10-20 times now and it hasn't worked..