Any way to SELinux permissive?

Search This thread

Sewolk

Jan 19, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A6
Hello! I've got A6 some time ago, and now trying to mess with XPosed, Magisk, and Root. Everything is cool, except of SELinux, I couldn't switch it to Permissive mode, but I really want to. I had some research recently and it seems like stock Samsung kernels have ALWAYS_ENFORCE function or something. I've already tried to flash a few custom kernels, but (almost?) all of them been made for Android Pie. Unfortunately, I have Android Q.

Do there any way to switch SELinux to permissive besides compiling my own kernel based on Samsung open source? Maybe, I have missed something? It doesn't look's like people have many problems with it...

Thanks in advance!

Sewolk

Jan 19, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A6
Just flash some A600X permissive custom kernel, for example Simple Kernel or H-Kernel:

You can also flash Ares Kernel (it's also permissive).
Thank you for your reply! I couldn't find Ares Kernel. H-Kernel works for me, but there is a problem — when I flashed Magisk and tried to boot, Samsung logo just didn't appear, and I have stuck on a black screen. Same with a Simple Kernel. Never faced that issue on a stock. Any ideas how to fix this maybe?..

I'll try to search for more kernels, thanks for the tip anyway!

nqnxev

Apr 21, 2021
Ares kernel is available here and here (older releases; Ares Iron 6.0 was very stable on my device).

I don't know why Magisk makes troubles during boot on your device.

Last edited:

Sewolk

Jan 19, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A6
Ares kernel is available here and here (older releases; Ares Iron 6.0 was very stable on my device).

I don't know why Magisk makes troubles during boot on your device.
Okay, so I have tried Ares kernel, thanks a lot for the links. Unfortunately, there are same problem with Magisk, so it seems like this is not a specific kernel causing it. To be honest, I don't have any ideas why is this happening too...