Any way to use desktop mode without the dock?

Search This thread

Kianush

Jan 4, 2014
So Im in need of a fully functional desktop mode becase I have some apps that are apk but arent made for small screen (adobe connect etc.) so i need to use the desktop mode on my pc
Is it possible?
Does asus offer a mode similar to samsung dex??!

VarDes

Jun 25, 2011
theoretically, there was a barebone desktop mode added in stock android 10, but so far it seems that asus removed it : /. Maybe with OEM Asus dock it would work, but I don't have such one on hand. (Got one from baseus with 3xUSB3.0, USB C with PD, RJ-45 and a HDMI, works like a charm, just cant make the desktop mode work. Streaming screen thru HDMI works nicely tho)

Reactions: HermesHidayat

HermesHidayat

Feb 6, 2017
So Im in need of a fully functional desktop mode becase I have some apps that are apk but arent made for small screen (adobe connect etc.) so i need to use the desktop mode on my pc
Is it possible?
Does asus offer a mode similar to samsung dex??!

Yes i was also looking for this. In Indonesia the Asus Dock costs $290...

Kianush

Jan 4, 2014
If I wanted to buy that dock i would but i dont because it actually costs the same amount as a fully functional windows 10 tablet which I have available in the local market
Im looking for a qay to make it possible withkut the dock!

pawloland

Jan 23, 2019
If I wanted to buy that dock i would but i dont because it actually costs the same amount as a fully functional windows 10 tablet which I have available in the local market
FYI I don't have this phone so your mileage may vary.
You can try "scrcpy" and make DIY desktop mode. It is open source screen mirroring app for windows, linux and mac and is almost lag free even over wifi. It only needs adb, without any client app on the phone. It will basically mirror your phone's screen to pc and enable you to use your pc's mouse and keyboard as phone's one. In dev options on your phone you need to enable usb debugging. You proppably would also like to change DPI. If you have root you can also try this app which has a lot more options than just changing dpi https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farmerbb.secondscreen.free

Reactions: Mohammed-noor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    theoretically, there was a barebone desktop mode added in stock android 10, but so far it seems that asus removed it : /. Maybe with OEM Asus dock it would work, but I don't have such one on hand. (Got one from baseus with 3xUSB3.0, USB C with PD, RJ-45 and a HDMI, works like a charm, just cant make the desktop mode work. Streaming screen thru HDMI works nicely tho)
    FYI I don't have this phone so your mileage may vary.
    You can try "scrcpy" and make DIY desktop mode. It is open source screen mirroring app for windows, linux and mac and is almost lag free even over wifi. It only needs adb, without any client app on the phone. It will basically mirror your phone's screen to pc and enable you to use your pc's mouse and keyboard as phone's one. In dev options on your phone you need to enable usb debugging. You proppably would also like to change DPI. If you have root you can also try this app which has a lot more options than just changing dpi https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farmerbb.secondscreen.free
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone