• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Any working ROMs for S6 Lite?

Search This thread

Locane

Aug 26, 2010
I have an American S6 Lite; I'm stuck in boot loop after applying APAOSP and APLineage from the other threads listed here.

Are there working vanilla Android 10 ROMs for this device?

Iceman66

Aug 7, 2013
I followed the TWRP instructions here https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxytabs6qcomlte.html and now my device is stuck in failed download mode, I can't get to the recovery menu and I can't even power it off.

No worries, that happened to me too.
Download stock-firmware for your device from Samsung (i use website samfrew.com), install "Patched Odin 3.14.1 3b" (you can Google it), connect the table with your PC, select the .tar file with AP and flash the firmware.
It worked for me, even with the tablet in stuck download mode.

Locane

Aug 26, 2010
The recovery you are trying to use is tailored for Tab S6 LTE and not Tab S6 Lite (they are completely different models). The Tab S6 Lite uses Exynos Chipset. There is no TWRP recovery yet for the Tab S6 Lite.
That explains a lot.

The other builds for this device don't work for mine - is there one that does? I'm just trying to get the tablet to work faster and more responsive by removing samsung bloatware BS.

Locane

Aug 26, 2010
I managed to get the device back and flash the stock ROM from https://cqa.samfrew.com/088d597e02a...87762249b/XAR-P610XXU2ATH5-20200814174401.zip

There was a lot of screwing with it due to power loss - since the screen was on constantly, I had to flash the stock rom bootloader (BL) using Odin with a USB port directly connected to the back of my computer since it provided the voltage necessary. It stopped showing me the broken download screen and started flickering boot looping again, where I plugged it in to a charger and let it set. It showed the power display (that it was charging) and I let it get to 100%.

After the stock rom was on and loading, I tried to flash Lineage again, but now I'm getting "Only stock roms are allowed to be flashed to the device". Googling around - it says I can only flash the stock rom? Forever? How do I unlock this?

Linux4

After the stock rom was on and loading, I tried to flash Lineage again, but now I'm getting "Only stock roms are allowed to be flashed to the device". Googling around - it says I can only flash the stock rom? Forever? How do I unlock this?

I think you need to go through stock rom setup again and re-enable OEM unlock (also happened to me once)

Last edited:

Locane

Aug 26, 2010
You need to wait 7 days, or manually set the time to a date a month back then the OEM unlock Option should appear again.

Turning off Wifi and automatic time and setting the date back or forward 1+ months didn't bring the option up.

I had to turn on and connect to wifi and let automatic time recognize that it has indeed been 7 days before the OEM option re-appeared. :'(

Top Liked Posts