• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Anybody bootloop yet?

Search This thread

Ryano89

May 6, 2011
Indiana
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
I'm getting my V20 tomorrow, and there is someone on Android Central who claims to work at Verizon. He's says they have had 5 returns since launch for bootlooping issues just at his location. I've done a Google search and I'm really not seeing anything about it, but I know LG has had this problem before. Anyone heard/experienced this? I'm not too worried, but I am in Verizon so it had me curious.

Last edited:

howdyace

Dec 19, 2008
Nah, way too soon. Plus this soc runs way cooler then the 808.

And nougat runs buttery smooth.

So far at least. See my post in a month.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rudbwoy and Ryano89

Ryano89

May 6, 2011
Indiana
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T

I'm also suspecting a little bias from the poster. When I went into the verizon store...they practically BEGGED me to buy a Pixel! Must be some serious incentives for them to sell that phone. And I'm sure the Pixel is nice, but for my own reasons I just don't really like it all that much. I think I'll love the V20, but LG'S reliability track record makes me a but nervous.

Reactions: howdyace

evo4g63t

Dec 20, 2013
Not sure what Google is thinking it's 2016, locking a phone into one provider is literally retarded.

As for the boot loop problem it seems to be a big issue with the g4 and some of the early v10s.

If you want to play it safe I would wait a month or so see if reports come in.

Sent from my LG-H901 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Ryano89

May 6, 2011
Indiana
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
Not sure what Google is thinking it's 2016, locking a phone into one provider is literally retarded.

As for the boot loop problem it seems to be a big issue with the g4 and some of the early v10s.

Eh...you only live once..I'm going for it..bootloops be damned! Lo

motojdm

Feb 23, 2008

Verizon must have compelled them someway to maintain exclusivity rights... I wonder. The Pixel can be used on other networks. Verizon holds the rights to finance and sell the phone directly. Every other consumer outside of Verizon's network needs to purchase the phone from Google.

Reactions: lynneddington

Ryano89

May 6, 2011
Indiana
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
Verizon must have compelled them someway to maintain exclusivity rights... I wonder. The Pixel can be used on other networks. Verizon holds the rights to finance and sell the phone directly. Every other consumer outside of Verizon's network needs to purchase the phone from Google.
Yeah I know, I've been going to that particular store for years and never seen them push a phone so hard, except when they first got the iPhone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I'm also suspecting a little bias from the poster. When I went into the verizon store...they practically BEGGED me to buy a Pixel! Must be some serious incentives for them to sell that phone. And I'm sure the Pixel is nice, but for my own reasons I just don't really like it all that much. I think I'll love the V20, but LG'S reliability track record makes me a but nervous.

Eh...you only live once..I'm going for it..bootloops be damned! Lo