• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Anybody found a way to mute the Camera Shutter sound on Android 11 (One UI 3.0)?

Search This thread

yanniclord

This is pissing me off in every way. I take pictures of nature, or other things that are easily scared if disturbed by such a loud stupid shutter sound. On Android 10, I could use the app "Silent Mode Pro", but it no longer works on Android 11, and it is driving me nuts, I absolutely hate this noise and am considering to ****ing ditch Samsung once and for all, I don't care about the law, this is ruining my already stained interested in taking pictures at all. If anyone knows about a way, I'd massively appreciate it if you can post it here.

Of course I am talking about the Default Camera App here. I currently use "Camera FV-5" as a really good and awesome replacement which is also able to practically use all hardware features, but not 100% of them. So I'd like this solved.

battletank

Jun 22, 2005
London
I've just tested this. For me, with 916B / BTU on Android 11/OneUI 3.0, using the stock photo app, definitely no shutter sound when sound is muted via quick panel.

Screenshot_20210118-175959_One UI Home.jpg

yanniclord

I've just tested this. For me, with 916B / BTU on Android 11/OneUI 3.0, using the stock photo app, definitely no shutter sound when sound is muted via quick panel.

View attachment 5191635

Yep not for me, nothing helps as a matter of fact, not "Do not Disturb", "Silent" or even "Night Mode" which also mutes some extra sounds. F916N.

Inoxius

Jul 28, 2021
This is pissing me off in every way. I take pictures of nature, or other things that are easily scared if disturbed by such a loud stupid shutter sound. On Android 10, I could use the app "Silent Mode Pro", but it no longer works on Android 11, and it is driving me nuts, I absolutely hate this noise and am considering to ****ing ditch Samsung once and for all, I don't care about the law, this is ruining my already stained interested in taking pictures at all. If anyone knows about a way, I'd massively appreciate it if you can post it here.

Of course I am talking about the Default Camera App here. I currently use "Camera FV-5" as a really good and awesome replacement which is also able to practically use all hardware features, but not 100% of them. So I'd like this solved.
Hello there,
i don't know if it will work for you but try downloading SetEdit (Settings Database Editor) on play store.
Open it and find "csc_pref_camera_forced_shuttersound_key" "1". then change the value to "0", For my case it works. i tried it on my samsung galaxy s20+ japanese version and it work, even tho the application said it only works for older model.

Oh and dont forget to use bixby routines and make routines so if you open the camera the system sound automatically turn off so you dont have to turn it off manually.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210729-224505_Bixby Routines.jpg
    Screenshot_20210729-224505_Bixby Routines.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Reactions: yanniclord

yanniclord

Hello there,
i don't know if it will work for you but try downloading SetEdit (Settings Database Editor) on play store.
Open it and find "csc_pref_camera_forced_shuttersound_key" "1". then change the value to "0", For my case it works. i tried it on my samsung galaxy s20+ japanese version and it work, even tho the application said it only works for older model.

Oh and dont forget to use bixby routines and make routines so if you open the camera the system sound automatically turn off so you dont have to turn it off manually.

Dude you're a genius, had never heard of that app before. I use it for so much else now too, thanks a whole lot. Honestly though, I am not sure if sharing this too much like this is a good idea cuz eventially, Samsung might patch it. I'm in the predicament of asking you to remove your post, but at the same time, it helped me fix this so it might help others too.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Dude you're a genius, had never heard of that app before. I use it for so much else now too, thanks a whole lot. Honestly though, I am not sure if sharing this too much like this is a good idea cuz eventially, Samsung might patch it. I'm in the predicament of asking you to remove your post, but at the same time, it helped me fix this so it might help others too.
Mate, I'd be more worried about Google patching it out as it gives access to so many other "hidden" options...

gfavre

Feb 1, 2021
Isn't it possible from a terminal (root) :
Bash:
mount -o rw,remount /
cd /system/product/media/audio/ui
mkdir orig
mv VideoRecord.ogg orig/ && touch VideoRecord.ogg
mv VideoStop.ogg  orig/ && touch VideoStop.ogg
mv camera_click.ogg   orig/ && touch camera_click.ogg
mv camera_focus.ogg   orig/ && touch camera_focus.ogg
sync
mount -o ro,remount /
?
As I am not sure which file does what sound I keep them in the orig folder, just in case...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello there,