anybody haves a flasible kitkat bootloader zip?

Search This thread

phrotac

Mar 8, 2009
Fort Smith, AR
You can't flash the bootloader through recovery, at least not the last time I checked. The bootloader has to be flased through odin but Odin doesn't flash bootloaders, modems, etc.. We're you possibly referring to the boot.img? If so, that's a kernel.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

phrotac

Mar 8, 2009
Fort Smith, AR
yea i kinda need the kernal so i can boot kitkat
You can grab a kernal from nearly any KitKat firmware. Download a stock rom to get a stock kernal or a custom rom for a custom kernal. Extract the rom using winrar,winzip, 7zip, or your favorite unzipping utility and you should find a "boot.img" in the root of the extracted folder. Flash the boot.img in Odin in the third slot down (i think it is labelled "PDA"). You can't use the second slot (kernal) because that slot will only allow "md5" files and the boot.img has no md5 in it. I hope this helps because I couldn't find anything KitKat related on my PC, sorry. Good luck and let us know if you have any more questions or problems, okay?

EDIT: I didn't realize when I posted this but Trex888 uploaded it for you in the post before this one (third link) has your boot.img in the download. Grab that one :)

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone