Anybody run the Touch Screen Test app and have no problems with the touch screen?

Search This thread

mattdabat

Oct 20, 2020
It's super disappointing. At this point every single person whose case I read about and who's done the test, has those problems. Playing games like COD or PUBG sucks but even if you don't, scrolling gets weird, pinch to zoom gets weird. Did anybody here actually run this app and didn't have the issues showed in that video from the other thread? The only positive comments that I read in various places are like this: "Mine works great. Haven't tested it though." which pretty much makes me assume at this point that they also have those issues unless they prove otherwise. It also seems that both 4G and 5G versions are affected. Samsung's silent for now. Just spoke with a guy who's on the second one already and he says that it "seems better" but the issues are still there and he knew it before he even ran the app to test it. So again, can anybody with any S20 FE confirm that they happen to have a problem-free touch screen? Is there a remote chance that it will be fixed with updates? Will Samsung recall thousands of units?

spacemanvt

Dec 15, 2012
Mine seems pretty good though I can replicate the issue on the touch screen tester.
I dont have any issues (it seems like) with scrolling or CoD. I have noticed occasionally when im doing pinch to zoom (just zooms out)

anfederin

Jan 7, 2011
My touchscreen seems work right...i hace not any issues.

Enviado desde mi SM-G781B mediante Tapatalk

carlosmeldano

Jul 13, 2012
According to my research, not everyone has problems. I know about a few people who are from the 1st batch having no issues. Today someone reported that he had the exchange unit and not experiencing this issue, although he has experienced it on the first unit. But that's an Exynos 4G variant (EU). Problem however not related to Snapdragon or Exynos version, both had the issue. Someone reported that the newest firmware eliminated the problem, but that is newer that the Germany DBT version from 2 weeks ago. I suggest to wait with exchange units. Return but wait a few weeks after rebuying it, until it is widely confirmed. This is what I am gonna do.

mattdabat

Oct 20, 2020
Interesting. Some more time has to pass and we will see what happens then. I ordered mine after not doing a thorough research and the moment I ordered it, suddenly everyone I knew had one and had problems with it :p.