Anybody tried 8T with GCAM?

Search This thread

tb1344

Dec 27, 2017
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has used the OnePlus 8T with GCAM? If there are possibly some examples or even a comparison with GCAM and the stock camera app? Trying to decide between the 8T and Pixel 5. Some pics I like 8T, some pixel, but if GCAM improves 8T even more I would probably opt for the 8T. Thanks

DailyLama72

Mar 2, 2016
Vienna
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has used the OnePlus 8T with GCAM? If there are possibly some examples or even a comparison with GCAM and the stock camera app? Trying to decide between the 8T and Pixel 5. Some pics I like 8T, some pixel, but if GCAM improves 8T even more I would probably opt for the 8T. Thanks

I just ordered a OP8T and will try to get GCAM to work on it and then post the results here :)

5nickers

Sep 26, 2010
-
I'd say that it should be possible mod gcam for op8. Almost the same hardware.

B

balu82000

OnePlus 8 port works only for primary sensor

I tried a gcam.port on my new.oneplus 8t, It works pretty well for most part..except in portraits where skin looks super sharp and the retouching function won't work.☹️ I'm still taking portraits on my OnePlus 3 gcam mod where it works like a charm

yelped

Feb 10, 2011
Does the gcam pretty much make the 8T's camera taking capability (on the primary camera) the same as the Google Pixels? Or are there still processing/coloring/speed differences?

Camera is pretty important to me, but I hate that Google is charging a premium price for mid range specs. So if I can get the 8T's camera on par with the Pixel (primary sensor is enough for me), then I would go with the 8T.

Reactions: nigel29
D

Deleted member 11043203

Using gcam urynx wichaya from 7t

Works great

DailyLama72

Mar 2, 2016
Vienna
Using gcam urynx wichaya from 7t
Works great

Aux do not work

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V2.7.3 - normal vs OP8T stock (Oxygen OS 11.0.1.2.KB05BA

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am3yOPAn8l_0iK8P6L0P23dryXWVCA?e=u5cD9C

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Does the gcam pretty much make the 8T's camera taking capability (on the primary camera) the same as the Google Pixels? Or are there still processing/coloring/speed differences?

Camera is pretty important to me, but I hate that Google is charging a premium price for mid range specs. So if I can get the 8T's camera on par with the Pixel (primary sensor is enough for me), then I would go with the 8T.

Imho you will get better pictures, because newer GCam mods (like 7.4) support full 48MP.
So you will enjoy both full Google software magic and a better camera.

I use GCam Mods on my OP3 and OP8T and booth have amazing results.
Just the OP3 needs up to 30 secs of processing time after 2 pictures, while the OP8T needs about 1sec for 15 HDR pictures to combine ;)

Last edited:

yelped

Feb 10, 2011
Aux do not work

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V2.7.3 - normal vs OP8T stock (Oxygen OS 11.0.1.2.KB05BA

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Imho you will get better pictures, because newer GCam mods (like 7.4) support full 48MP.
So you will enjoy both full Google software magic and a better camera.

I use GCam Mods on my OP3 and OP8T and booth have amazing results.
Just the OP3 needs up to 30 secs of processing time after 2 pictures, while the OP8T needs about 1sec for 15 HDR pictures to combine ;)

Thanks for the input. So the OP8T does not have any shutter lag using GCAM? Can you upload some pics taken with GCAM?

DailyLama72

Mar 2, 2016
Vienna
Can you upload some pics taken with GCAM?

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Thanks for the input. So the OP8T does not have any shutter lag using GCAM?

I did not go on a camera hunt so far, please stand by. But with the few pictures I took it's realtime. There could be a small lag, but it's not like seconds. I would wonder if there is really a lag, since Pixel 5 has only a 765 and no neural core, so they have 1/2 to 1/3rd of processing power of the 8T.
Still I have to take 10 photos in a row in different conditions.

Last edited:

yelped

Feb 10, 2011

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Oneplus 8t android 11 gcam link

Man those posts...

Use the search, read the threads, it's that simple
    Man those posts...

Use the search, read the threads, it's that simple

LOL, man if you think this is bad...got to the OnePlus community and then you will see what's truly bad. :eek: