• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question anyone able to root with tmobile version?

Search This thread

Vio281

May 14, 2020
anyone able to root with tmobile version? I have someone selling me their tmobile P6P, its payoff and unlock, but not sure if there is a difference after it is unlock.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
There are already some threads in these sections concerning achieving bootloader unlock on T-Mobile variants of the P6P, which is all you need to worry about. Once you can unlock the bootloader (and have USB Debugging enabled) you can do anything you want.

I don't use T-Mobile but it involves contacting T-Mobile support, telling them you're going to be traveling out of the country, and request they SIM unlock the phone (so that you could use SIM cards that work in other countries). When they SIM unlock your phone, you can then enable OEM Unlock and unlock the bootloader. After that, the world is yours. :)

The other threads will give more detail and better advice, as I know there was something about temporary SIM unlock versus permanent, and how to achieve one or the other.

Search this section for T-Mobile in the thread name, if I remember correctly.

Reactions: vandyman

ElevyNJ

Jun 3, 2011
anyone able to root with tmobile version? I have someone selling me their tmobile P6P, its payoff and unlock, but not sure if there is a difference after it is unlock.

I used Twitter to send a Direct Message. I said "Good evening support. I have a favor to ask. Can you unlock my new Pixel 6? I may be going out of the country on short notice to assist a family friend and would want to put in a SIM from a carrier there."

After giving the agent my IEMI I was told "Thank you and thank you for being the best part of T-Mobile for over 5 years! Wow, there would be no us without you :) I was able to find that phone but see it doesn't qualify yet to unlock. No worries, #WeGotYourBack and I'm attempting to find a way around this. Checking on this right now for you. Be right back!"

I then replied "I appreciate that. I understand that normally the phone has to be on the network for 40 days and paid off but I believe there are temporary unlocks for traveling"

The next message was "You are more than welcomed! I know travelling abroad can be stressful enough and we want one less thing on your plate. Here are the steps to unlocking the phone Permanently :) https://t-mobile.com/support/devices/android/google-pixel-6-5g/mobile-device-unlock-google-pixel-6-5g…."

And I am unlocked

Last edited:
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

opz187

Sep 30, 2012
I used Twitter to send a Direct Message. I said "Good evening support. I have a favor to ask. Can you unlock my new Pixel 6? I may be going out of the country on short notice to assist a family friend and would want to put in a SIM from a carrier there."

After giving the agent my IEMI I was told "Thank you and thank you for being the best part of T-Mobile for over 5 years! Wow, there would be no us without you :) I was able to find that phone but see it doesn't qualify yet to unlock. No worries, #WeGotYourBack and I'm attempting to find a way around this. Checking on this right now for you. Be right back!"

I then replied "I appreciate that. I understand that normally the phone has to be on the network for 40 days and paid off but I believe there are temporary unlocks for traveling"

The next message was "You are more than welcomed! I know travelling abroad can be stressful enough and we want one less thing on your plate. Here are the steps to unlocking the phone Permanently :) https://t-mobile.com/support/devices/android/google-pixel-6-5g/mobile-device-unlock-google-pixel-6-5g…."

And I am not unlocked
It didn't work?

djy

Sep 2, 2009
Took a couple hours of messaging today but T-Mobile twitter unlocked 2 new phones that were financed through T-Mobile. At first I received a canned not eligible due "insert company policy". I asked if they would waive the 40 day requirement if I paid off both devices in full today. They agreed but both devices must be connected to and use data on the network first. I paid off the remaining balance and they instantly unlocked both phones. I did not have to use the unlocker app. Lot of hoops to jump through but we'll get a $600 credit over 24 billing cycles. Make sure the credits are on your pending bill. We still have to trade in the old phones.

Both of these phones have physical sims. They confirmed both devices would be unlocked for both physical and ESIMS. I also learned that OTA updates are pending with no time frame for all 3 of our physical SIM cards. The updates would enable SA (standalone) 5G. They currently rely on LTE. Support confirmed that ESIMS currently work with SA 5G and that customers are capable of switching to ESIM using the website.

Edit: I created a Twitter account just for this. Want to point out that the customer service agent was professional and pleasant to work with. Be patient and respectful. They are clearly overworked after Sprint merger and outsourcing by the corportate MBA terrorists.

Last edited:
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Vio281

May 14, 2020
ok I'm not talking about sim unlock people, I'm talking about bootloader unlock...

Vio281

May 14, 2020

And I am unlocked

did you root your phone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok I'm not talking about sim unlock people, I'm talking about bootloader unlock...
    In order to unlock bootloader with T-Mobile Pixel 6, device needs to be sim unlocked on their end.
    There are already some threads in these sections concerning achieving bootloader unlock on T-Mobile variants of the P6P, which is all you need to worry about. Once you can unlock the bootloader (and have USB Debugging enabled) you can do anything you want.

I don't use T-Mobile but it involves contacting T-Mobile support, telling them you're going to be traveling out of the country, and request they SIM unlock the phone (so that you could use SIM cards that work in other countries). When they SIM unlock your phone, you can then enable OEM Unlock and unlock the bootloader. After that, the world is yours. :)

The other threads will give more detail and better advice, as I know there was something about temporary SIM unlock versus permanent, and how to achieve one or the other.

Search this section for T-Mobile in the thread name, if I remember correctly.

And I am unlocked
    It did. My brain added a not befoe unlocked. I edited my post
    Is the bootloader option no longer greyed out?
    Correct it is not greyed out now.