anyone actually use google wallet?

Search This thread

jdiddy_ub

Sep 20, 2010
Queens Village, NY
I use it at 7-11 a lot. I'm on Verizon by the way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

apparently i already have google wallet enabled online...my card is linked to my gmail for apps in the playstore...i guess i just need to log in...but im not sure i want to do that if its not useable at a lot of stores...and i dont want to stand there like a moron tapping my phone on a pay device and it not doing anything lol

if these paypass locations are really prevalent then it would be awesome thing to have...if its hit or miss, then theres no point

Jubakuba

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Pueblo, Colorado
Try it?

What's the loss here, I don't get it?

But for me, yes, it is hit and miss.
I think it's due to lack of a decent pay pass here.
Our 7-11 works for me...usually.
Everywhere else it practically never does.

jdiddy_ub

Sep 20, 2010
Queens Village, NY
Try it?

What's the loss here, I don't get it?

But for me, yes, it is hit and miss.
I think it's due to lack of a decent pay pass here.
Our 7-11 works for me...usually.
Everywhere else it practically never does.

the loss:

1. a lot of people are getting locked out of google wallet after flashing new roms (i read that resetting the app prior to flashing something is needed)

id whether not risk it right now and wait until google wallet takes off in case i got locked out..then ill be mad when i cant use it when i actually want to

2. security reasons...i dont need my CC info stored on an extra app if im not even going to use it

lazaro17

Jan 10, 2009
Miami, FL
I flash cm9 nightlies all the time and use wallet almost everyday. I don't get locked out. But i am only wiping cache and dalvik cache. If you are doing a full wipe between roms then it is advised to go into your google wallet app and de-provision your wallet so that you don't risk getting the secure element lockout. Also nandroid backups are always recommended. People got locked out a few weeks ago too because of a wallet security flaw they needed to patch so provisioning of new cards was disabled.

Security isn't a worry here especially if you're using a prepaid card. Everything requires your pin and also if you link it to a prepaid card the only thing at risk would be whatever small amount of prepaid money you have on there. If you had a remote wipe application you'd even be able to wipe your phone before anyone even attempted to guess your pin. Also let's not forget a quick call to the money network could disable your wallet just like you would with a traditional credit card.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:
Reactions: rmcsc

crowmallet

Dec 12, 2010
Right behind you
the pop machines at my school (ohio state) have credit card/paypass readers. i use it all the time there. it makes me feel like im saving money by not actually feeding cash into it. i enjoy lying to myself!

thos25

Aug 19, 2011
Blm-Normal IL
I've tried it but it seems to me that unless I open the app beforehand, it takes more time than Swiping a card. Every time I put it on the reader without first having opened wallet beforehand, it asks me for my pin before it goes through. Seems to take more time. Now, if I open the app before placing it on the reader, it works well. it is pretty cool and saves a second maybe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Last edited:

aygriffith

Jan 1, 2011
Dallas, TX
Used the free 10 bucks initially but haven't reloaded a card since then. Its too bad Google doesn't get more banks and credit card companies on board. I'm not going to waste my time loading prepaid cards when there's no added benefit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nabiladeeb

Apr 3, 2010
All the time!!! Very useful when I go jogging and don't want to carry my wallet..
Use it to buy water, gatorade etc. from Duanereade. As for the delay, its the same as taking your wallet out and your card.. Just open the app when you are walking over to the cashier and you are golden :D

DincEngineer

Aug 4, 2010
Fellow OSU student

Hey I'm at OSU too. I use Gwallet as much as I can because I want to push the standard. I agree it's annoying they don't have more options for debit or credit, but I'm willing to go out of my way a little bit to try and move things toward a digital wallet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I flash cm9 nightlies all the time and use wallet almost everyday. I don't get locked out. But i am only wiping cache and dalvik cache. If you are doing a full wipe between roms then it is advised to go into your google wallet app and de-provision your wallet so that you don't risk getting the secure element lockout. Also nandroid backups are always recommended. People got locked out a few weeks ago too because of a wallet security flaw they needed to patch so provisioning of new cards was disabled.

Security isn't a worry here especially if you're using a prepaid card. Everything requires your pin and also if you link it to a prepaid card the only thing at risk would be whatever small amount of prepaid money you have on there. If you had a remote wipe application you'd even be able to wipe your phone before anyone even attempted to guess your pin. Also let's not forget a quick call to the money network could disable your wallet just like you would with a traditional credit card.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone