Anyone can backup firmware from TA-1003 ?

Search This thread

kanakarkku

Apr 19, 2017
can you extract apk from your phone and upload? So we know its the same one?
thank you :)
edit : i tried but it dint work :/ maybe there's a catch

I understand what you mean. But unfortunately I cleaned my downloads by accident 2 days ago :( . Is anyway I can copy required files from my phone? I can do that if I would know

surya467

Jan 31, 2012
mumbai
www.instagram.com
Dude, attached please find video mp4 format recorded using noki6. Used WinZip so that I can upload here. Mp4 can't uploaded here at XDA.

thanks, it seems true, guess we have to wait and find out, or else use your apk maybe, can someone confirm this?

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Dude.. spent 15 min for you attached is kingRoot apk I just extracted from my fon

thanks, wont bother you now. :)

edit : it says root successful, but when i tired to check at initial app boot it says not adaptable yet.

Last edited:

kanakarkku

Apr 19, 2017
thanks, it seems true, guess we have to wait and find out, or else use your apk maybe, can someone confirm this?

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

thanks, wont bother you now. :)

edit : it says root successful, but when i tired to check at initial app boot it says not adaptable yet.

This is what I meant too. It shows root successful but no idea how we can verify?

kanakarkku

Apr 19, 2017
Ok now i closed the app and open again and it says not rooted like before. i think it was a bug maybe there's a way, but not ready as yet.
For me it always showing"root successfully"?

Just verified with root checker.. not good news bro..see screenshot attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170630-204029.png
    Screenshot_20170630-204029.png
    214.9 KB · Views: 159
L

LastStandingDroid

For me it always showing"root successfully"?

Just verified with root checker.. not good news bro..see screenshot attached
Install supersu and see what it says or go to kingroot official site.

I've seen kingroot nagging about root needs to be fixed (even if it says success.)
So install supersu and see what it tells because it looks like it finds su but it's broken

Sent from my NATASHA using Tapatalk

Last edited:

surya467

Jan 31, 2012
mumbai
www.instagram.com
Install supersu and see what it says or go to kingroot official site.

I've seen kingroot nagging about root needs to be fixed (even if it says success.)
So install supersu and see what it tells because it looks like it finds su but it's broken

This is everything i got, i have su installed, trying root again.
edit : nothing works, sorry guys, ill keep trying though

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170630-232039.png
    Screenshot_20170630-232039.png
    227.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot_20170630-232213.png
    Screenshot_20170630-232213.png
    51 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_20170630-232336.png
    Screenshot_20170630-232336.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

kanakarkku

Apr 19, 2017
Then the app is not working. Strange is that it should say no binary is found, not root undetected ?

Sent from my NATASHA using Tapatalk

kingRoot seems not done well. I don't know how much I can mess with it's own files.. it is doing something but not totally what we want.. I was even thinking to try rooting manually (linux Nautilus) but I don't find my other fon? at home, just incase if I brick this?.. I Wait..

INFoahh

Jul 1, 2017
I have a TA-1000 and I've already read all threads I could google up for this topic. So, to put a quick resume to this research, here's key facts that might help a new buyer endure the pain and anxiety and avoid making wrong moves / wasting time:

- Nokia 6 TA-1000 ships with Android 7.0, which can be updated to 7.1.1 easily using the standard update option in the settings. Both of these versions of Android are NOT GENUINE, they are modified specifically to meet the Chinese legislation against Google products, so they lack some very important system components necessary for the Google Play framework to run.
- Installing Google Play Services / Google Play Store / ... (anything else) from APK files WILL NOT help, because they rely on the missing components, and even if you had those components uploaded to your Nokia 6, you would still be unable to install them, for it takes root privileges to do that.
- There is a way to enter boot menu by holding both power and volume up buttons for 5 sec when turning the device on (it has to be plugged in), and there are recovery options including recovery from an SD card, I have not explored those options, guess why? Read further.
- In March 2017, another Nokia 6 model - TA-1003 - was released in Taiwan. This model ships with the standard Android 7.1.1 and has Google Play on it. Potentially, someone who owns such a device, could create a full backup, which could be uploaded to TA-1000 phones to make them work as desired. However, it seems creating such a backup requires root privileges (correct me if I'm wrong).
- Also, it may be that TA-1000 devices require entering root mode to reinstall Android, whatever the source is. Besides, it seems that Android doesn't just exist "on its own", but is rather tied in a combination with firmware, and that may differ a little bit between TA-1000 and TA-1003. It is yet to be clarified, whether Android OS could be reinstalled/replaced without touching the firmware.
- No official firmware/system installation tool has been released by Nokia for these phones yet. It has not been established, whether any common PC software is good for this purpose, either.
- To switch Nokia 6 (TA-1000 or TA-1003) device into root mode, a method is yet to be found. None of the currently known methods work.

So, this pretty much describes the problem in full. Dear fellow sufferers, let's help one another find the solution! Any useful info appreciated. Useful, I mean!
And it also pre-install some tencent apps in ta-1000

Shah1997

Sep 1, 2017
Nokia 6 firmware messed up

Guys don't flash a ta-1003 room on ta-1000 it wont get any updates if u do so hmd officially announced play store to be available for ta-1000. I bought a Nokia 6 pin packed but it seems like it was flashed it's a ta-1000 but had play store already installed out of the box and is running 1st April security patch however June patch is out through ota and I can't update if someone could help me please I'm really worried I want updates I just bought the phone 2 days ago. Sorry for my bad English plzz help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a TA-1000 and I've already read all threads I could google up for this topic. So, to put a quick resume to this research, here's key facts that might help a new buyer endure the pain and anxiety and avoid making wrong moves / wasting time:

- Nokia 6 TA-1000 ships with Android 7.0, which can be updated to 7.1.1 easily using the standard update option in the settings. Both of these versions of Android are NOT GENUINE, they are modified specifically to meet the Chinese legislation against Google products, so they lack some very important system components necessary for the Google Play framework to run.
    - Installing Google Play Services / Google Play Store / ... (anything else) from APK files WILL NOT help, because they rely on the missing components, and even if you had those components uploaded to your Nokia 6, you would still be unable to install them, for it takes root privileges to do that.
    - There is a way to enter boot menu by holding both power and volume up buttons for 5 sec when turning the device on (it has to be plugged in), and there are recovery options including recovery from an SD card, I have not explored those options, guess why? Read further.
    - In March 2017, another Nokia 6 model - TA-1003 - was released in Taiwan. This model ships with the standard Android 7.1.1 and has Google Play on it. Potentially, someone who owns such a device, could create a full backup, which could be uploaded to TA-1000 phones to make them work as desired. However, it seems creating such a backup requires root privileges (correct me if I'm wrong).
    - Also, it may be that TA-1000 devices require entering root mode to reinstall Android, whatever the source is. Besides, it seems that Android doesn't just exist "on its own", but is rather tied in a combination with firmware, and that may differ a little bit between TA-1000 and TA-1003. It is yet to be clarified, whether Android OS could be reinstalled/replaced without touching the firmware.
    - No official firmware/system installation tool has been released by Nokia for these phones yet. It has not been established, whether any common PC software is good for this purpose, either.
    - To switch Nokia 6 (TA-1000 or TA-1003) device into root mode, a method is yet to be found. None of the currently known methods work.

So, this pretty much describes the problem in full. Dear fellow sufferers, let's help one another find the solution! Any useful info appreciated. Useful, I mean!
    Please any make firmware backup from TA-1003 .so that we can flash it to TA-1000 .

Thanks

I dont think its that easy
    Hello Please help me i bought nokia 6 TA-1000 DS 64gb+4gb CN .
    It gives reboot/restart problem after system update. now my nokia 6 ta 1000 is not working .pleaseanybody can help to flashed and reinstall system.
    please help me get flashed file for nokia ta 1000
    I have a TA1003 and am happy to help if instructed
    can you extract apk from your phone and upload? So we know its the same one?
    thank you :)
    edit : i tried but it dint work :/ maybe there's a catch

Dude.. spent 15 min for you? attached is kingRoot apk I just extracted from my fon
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone