• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Anyone care to comment on the Sleep Tracking and BP/ECG?

Search This thread

SirDigitalKnight

Jul 12, 2012
Jardin
Amazon Fire
LG G5
I am looking at purchasing the UK version with BP and ECG and currently have a A52 phone to work with it.

I currently use a Fitbit Charge 4 but really need a device with ECG. Anyone coming from a Fitbit or Garmin or other device with good sleep tracking care to comment on how close the GW4 compares? From the reviews and comments under the reviews it looks like there might be some bad batches of GW4's out there in the wild that are not performing as good as some others?

stakoz

Dec 21, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
The sleep tracking on GW4 (same as in previous models like GW3 etc) is Not good. It mainly misses most the deep sleep cycle. I've also had Fitbit before and it seemed better. The best sleep tracker is the Oura ring which I also use and sometime compare with the GW4, which again fails to track deep sleep

kodiak799

Jan 17, 2012
The best sleep tracker is the Oura ring which I also use and sometime compare with the GW4, which again fails to track deep sleep

Try using Sleep as Android (works with both Tizen and WearOS). Not sure if they've optimized for GW4 yet, but I find Sleep as Android very comparable to Oura - deep sleep metrics are a very inexact science, but agree Samsung watch algorithms do that poorly.

The other nice thing about Sleep as Android is it also graphs SpO2 (again, not sure they've added support for GW4 yet) and HRV. So the only metric missing from that equation is temperature (which can be very useful) that Oura does do.

frea

Sep 5, 2009
I am using a beta version of sleep as android created especially for GW4 support. You can check if the update is live yet or also join their beta program.

edit:
for anyone who is interested:

Last edited:

Darbar1701

Nov 25, 2016
Hi I've the galaxy watch 4 classic, I've the heart and stress on continuous, but sometimes the green light on the back doesn't flash at all, is that normal??Hi I've the galaxy watch 4 classic, I've the heart and stress on continuous, but sometimes the green light on the back doesn't flash at all, is that normal??

SirDigitalKnight

Jul 12, 2012
Jardin
Amazon Fire
LG G5
Hi I've the galaxy watch 4 classic, I've the heart and stress on continuous, but sometimes the green light on the back doesn't flash at all, is that normal??Hi I've the galaxy watch 4 classic, I've the heart and stress on continuous, but sometimes the green light on the back doesn't flash at all, is that normal??
You might want to start a thread if you are having issues as you will defiantly get more responses.

SirDigitalKnight

Jul 12, 2012
Jardin
Amazon Fire
LG G5
Anyone check if the sleep tracking has improved any with the latest firmware/software updates to the GW4?

Also is anyone using the ECG feature? That is one of the main features I need as I have heart palpitations on a regular bases but of course whenever I go the doctors it never occurs so its not something they can ever see on a machine and would like to try and catch it on the GW4 when I have an episode to see what it is actually doing.