• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Anyone else bothered by the unfortunate front camera hole placement?

Search This thread

plskillme

Jan 16, 2011
I mean for general usage - it's not a big hindrance, but for gaming - it's a different matter all together specially for FPS(First person shooter). I always find my thumb getting stuck in the screen protector's punch hole for the front camera.

Reactions: blackhawk

eu7tFeTyT7vfPy

Apr 21, 2021
LineageOS
I'm not fond of the camera being "on" the screen either. Like I get it looks cool but functionally speaking it's kind of obtrusive. When phone screens didn't go past the camera they were more practical and you could cover it up for privacy. Now you can't do that as placing tape will make the screen think you're touching it. I can't seem to find a practical way at covering it up without making the screen bug out.

This is my first new phone in 6 years and tbh I don't buy this "borderless" look phones have these days. I also miss having a physical home screen button.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
The hole on my N10+ doesn't bother me... much. I use it Energy Ring there for a battery % indicator.
For games I flip the phone 180° if the hole is being a menace.
Meh, it's better than a lame Apple hump and I wuv the near zero borders... on my phone that is🤣

plskillme

Jan 16, 2011
I'm not fond of the camera being "on" the screen either. Like I get it looks cool but functionally speaking it's kind of obtrusive. When phone screens didn't go past the camera they were more practical and you could cover it up for privacy. Now you can't do that as placing tape will make the screen think you're touching it. I can't seem to find a practical way at covering it up without making the screen bug out.

This is my first new phone in 6 years and tbh I don't buy this "borderless" look phones have these days. I also miss having a physical home screen button.
I would have opted for an ROG Phone to avoid the stupid punch hole theme altogether but I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too poor to afford the latest one
:ROFLMAO:

The hole on my N10+ doesn't bother me... much. I use it Energy Ring there for a battery % indicator.
Meh, it's better than a lame Apple hump and I wuv the near zero borders... on my phone that is🤣
Yeah I flip the phone too so that the stupid punch hole is on the right side of the screen on landscape orientation.

What does TG mean?
Anyway: usually glass screen protector for Samsung Galaxy A80 does not have a hole, are easy to find and are cheap. And they fit Poco X3 really well! ;) Search for 3D or 9D for A80.
TG stands for Tempered Glass

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I would have opted for an ROG Phone to avoid the stupid punch hole theme altogether but I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too poor to afford the latest one
    :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I flip the phone too so that the stupid punch hole is on the right side of the screen on landscape orientation.

What does TG mean?
    Anyway: usually glass screen protector for Samsung Galaxy A80 does not have a hole, are easy to find and are cheap. And they fit Poco X3 really well! ;) Search for 3D or 9D for A80.
    TG stands for Tempered Glass
    I mean for general usage - it's not a big hindrance, but for gaming - it's a different matter all together specially for FPS(First person shooter). I always find my thumb getting stuck in the screen protector's punch hole for the front camera.
    that's why my screen protector don't have a hole 😅
    Most of the reputable TG's in Amazon US have a punch hole in the camera area... Sad case of mine...