Question Anyone else have touch issues?

Search This thread

Marlonese

Feb 1, 2017
Hey everyone,
shortly after receiving my Pad 5 I started noticing that I had to press harder on the display for it to register
compared to my phone (OnePlus 7T) so I started experimenting and found out that the display won't register finger nails at all
unlike my phone which I can easily use with just the tip of my finger nail. Is it just a downside to the Pad 5 or is it just my unit?

2023 EDIT: This has been fixed by software sometime during the last 1½ years. I can't tell when they fixed it but I randomly noticed it's definitely gone now since I can scroll with literally just my fingernail touching the screen.

Last edited:

glock20

May 7, 2011
same,you can test touch sensitivity in CIT mode.about system>and tap 5 times on kernel version info>tap on 3 dots addition menu and there is touch test.it feels fine there but in apps its horrible

Reactions: Marlonese

Marlonese

Feb 1, 2017
I guess I'm glad that it's software related and not hardware but still annoying. I'm using gestures and especially the back gestures fails sooo many times. I'm just confused I didn't hear any reviewers reporting this?

glock20

May 7, 2011
I guess I'm glad that it's software related and not hardware but still annoying. I'm using gestures and especially the back gestures fails sooo many times. I'm just confused I didn't hear any reviewers reporting this?
same,i compared to my ipad 2019 10.2 and there gestures is working perfectly after 2 years of extensive use.most reviewers using IOS as main drive,they just do quick paid/ reviews for community and dont care about some touch issues/software issues.did you ever seen atleast one reviewer who always do touch screen test?

Marlonese

Feb 1, 2017
same,i compared to my ipad 2019 10.2 and there gestures is working perfectly after 2 years of extensive use.most reviewers using IOS as main drive,they just do quick paid/ reviews for community and dont care about some touch issues/software issues.did you ever seen atleast one reviewer who always do touch screen test?
So I think I have found the root of evil. I tried disabling MIUI optimizations in developer settings and my touch issues were gone. The pad recognized slight touches and even my finger nails now until I restarted it. After the restart my problems came back and the vanced app was set to MIUI battery optimization again. Then I checked my developer settings if the Pad had enabled MIUI optimizations again and to my surprise it was still disabled. So I re-enabled MIUI optimizations and my touch issues were gone again. Here's my guess: I think MIUI optimizations enabled some sort of palm rejection that messes up the touch screen and I believe that restarting the tablet resets the MIUI optimizations setting without changing the toggle. Example: my MIUI optimizations toggle is set to on but I think the setting is off since my touch issues are gone. I will update you once I find out more.

glock20

May 7, 2011
So I think I have found the root of evil. I tried disabling MIUI optimizations in developer settings and my touch issues were gone. The pad recognized slight touches and even my finger nails now until I restarted it. After the restart my problems came back and the vanced app was set to MIUI battery optimization again. Then I checked my developer settings if the Pad had enabled MIUI optimizations again and to my surprise it was still disabled. So I re-enabled MIUI optimizations and my touch issues were gone again. Here's my guess: I think MIUI optimizations enabled some sort of palm rejection that messes up the touch screen and I believe that restarting the tablet resets the MIUI optimizations setting without changing the toggle. Example: my MIUI optimizations toggle is set to on but I think the setting is off since my touch issues are gone. I will update you once I find out more.
here how it looks on mine,its glitching randomly,sometimes restart help,sometimes not

Marlonese

Feb 1, 2017
I've read that increasing "pointer speed" in settings helps with touch issues on xiaomi phones. It does feel better so far but it might as well be placebo...
Wow you're right it actually does work! It still won't register my finger nail but it registers even the lightest touches now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    same,you can test touch sensitivity in CIT mode.about system>and tap 5 times on kernel version info>tap on 3 dots addition menu and there is touch test.it feels fine there but in apps its horrible
    So you think it's software related and not hardware?
    yes,software/hardware settings(you can change touch screen sensitivity with root)
    So you think it's software related and not hardware?
    i tested mine in CIT test and inside MIUI for 1 minute.in CIT never fail while in miui every 15% of touches doesnt register at all https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai0uQHZUHJzpgYdPSPfIcfD4ubHZFw?e=sQ5HB3
    I've read that increasing "pointer speed" in settings helps with touch issues on xiaomi phones. It does feel better so far but it might as well be placebo...