Anyone else pop-up notifications not working?

Search This thread

freeborock

Jun 26, 2007
I have noticed any of the apps that supports pop-up notification doesn't work? I'm pretty sure it's because of the notch being in the way.

WillJitsu

Jun 7, 2010
Memphis
I've experienced this a few times. A reboot fixed it. I read somewhere that someone said they stopped working after using the Pixel Stand. I haven't tested that to verify.

gettinwicked

Aug 8, 2013
St Louis
Mine come and go as well. The first time they stopped working, I checked Messages, and it somehow turned itself off (it was definitely on). Flipped it back on, and it worked for a few hours. Rebooted my phone yesterday and it's been working. I'm hoping for a lot of fixes in the November update...

mdecker79

Mar 30, 2006
Old Bridge
I don't know if this is your issue or not but I found it yesterday on the interwebs.

Search settings for custom then select custom restrictions.

In here I had a check next to "Don't pop notifications on screen" when the screen is on.

I unchecked it and now I get heads up notifications on the applications that I turned them on for.

Reactions: boxcar8028

gettinwicked

Aug 8, 2013
St Louis
I don't know if this is your issue or not but I found it yesterday on the interwebs.

In here I had a check next to "Don't pop notifications on screen" when the screen is on.

I unchecked it and now I get heads up notifications on the applications that I turned them on for.

I looked, and mine was already unchecked.

My earlier post, I had mentioned that it had been working again, now it stopped working again... WTF Google?

Joe7park

Nov 14, 2018
It's definitely the pixel stand. Every time I take my phone off I have to reboot for notification previews to start working again. I set this, hopefully it works. Any caveats?

I have not yet tested the notifications when placing the Pixel 3 on the Pixel Stand so have not seen any caveats. But just see this as a temporary fix until Google releases the patch for the ambient notification bug. Hope it helped.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.