Anyone else return their S21?

Search This thread

UPSGuy

Feb 4, 2007
This is the first phone I've ever returned in my life. The battery life is atrocious. There is no way on the unlocked US version to turn off 5G once you're connected to Verizon. With a full bar of 5G at my home with the S21 I was getting 57 megs on the speedtest app. I put the sim in my old phone (Note 10) and on 4G the identical test at the same location got 157 megs (Triple the speed of the crappy 5G).

The pictures felt crappy compared to the Note 10. The S21 was noticeably heavier than the Note 10 also. I looked it up and the larger Note 10 is 3 grams lighter but surprisingly it was very noticeable. Sooo, the Note 10 is made of glass, the S21 is made of plastic and the Note 10 is lighter... The S21 is also a mm thicker than the Note 10 but feels way thicker than that.

The side buttons were moved all to the right side on the S21 so if you're right handed and want to take a screenshot with the buttons, good luck. It's not easy. You have to use a gesture or switch to your left hand.

So to summarize:
1) Note 10 has larger screen and smaller battery but lasts way way way longer and is lighter.
2) The new 5G S21 is getting speeds 1/3 the speeds the Note 10 is getting on 4G at the same location on the same test.

I really wanted to like the S21, but it felt like a real downgrade.

Reactions: blackhawk

San Diego

• Jun 25, 2016
    Wow. This camera is amazing, after having owned the utterly horrid S20 Ultra , and my battery lasts 1.5+ days with pretty good usage. Sorry you two aren't as happy w yours.

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    OP, I feel your pain.
    No SD card slot and I loathe the rounded corner display.
    It be a downgrade from my 10+ in many ways.
    Samsung, is that all you got?

Toyeboy

Oct 3, 2012
    I traded my S20+ for the S21 base for the $700 credit. I like the smaller screen little easier to use, but the screen definitely is not as nice. I did not miss the edge screen either.

Misterxtc

• Jul 11, 2019
    Syracuse
    I returned my S21 Ultra and picked up a Note 20 Ultra instead. The lack of SD card and no root yet killed it for me. The camera is a little better at zoom and macro shots on the S21 but that's about it. I got the Note and had the bootloader unlocked the next morning.

gumbyx84

Oct 7, 2013
    OnePlus 6T
    Nokia 7.1
    I returned my S21 Ultra and picked up a Note 20 Ultra instead. The lack of SD card and no root yet killed it for me. The camera is a little better at zoom and macro shots on the S21 but that's about it. I got the Note and had the bootloader unlocked the next morning.
    The phone just came out. How can you expect it to be rooted already?

Misterxtc

• Jul 11, 2019
    Syracuse
    Root wasn't the main reason but it did add to my decision. I ordered the phone not expecting root. I prefer the display and storage options on the Note and yes root. Plus with rumors of this being the last Note series along with the spen support on the 21 swayed me even more to return it. No regrets here at all.

superleeds27

Jun 21, 2010
    Hull
    Weighed up my options after using the S21 for 10 days or so.

Coming from an S10e, at first it felt really weird, that little bit of extra height felt huge!

Starting to warm to it and I really like the adaptive refresh rate, feels so much better than the S10e.

Main concern was the display, Uniformity etc, but the unit I have looks fairly good! took me a little by surprise - Few things I'll eventually get use to, color shift and brightness shift when holding it at certain angles, but thats always going to be the case with a bigger newer OLED Display.

So no, i'll be keeping it and sending the S10e for trade.

maxal

Jan 17, 2012
    Southampton
    Returning my standard S21 due to an intermitent fault.
    When people phone me they can't hear me when I answer.
    Samsung UK is going to send a replacement once they receive my phone back.

JCMate10

Dec 7, 2017
    Yes, I returned mine. Also first time ever that I return a phone. The battery life makes it useless... Everything else is awesome 😞 I don't know what to buy now... I want a phone with great camera that's isn't bigger. Might end up with an iPhone, but really prefer Android 😖

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      This is the first phone I've ever returned in my life. The battery life is atrocious. There is no way on the unlocked US version to turn off 5G once you're connected to Verizon. With a full bar of 5G at my home with the S21 I was getting 57 megs on the speedtest app. I put the sim in my old phone (Note 10) and on 4G the identical test at the same location got 157 megs (Triple the speed of the crappy 5G).

The pictures felt crappy compared to the Note 10. The S21 was noticeably heavier than the Note 10 also. I looked it up and the larger Note 10 is 3 grams lighter but surprisingly it was very noticeable. Sooo, the Note 10 is made of glass, the S21 is made of plastic and the Note 10 is lighter... The S21 is also a mm thicker than the Note 10 but feels way thicker than that.

The side buttons were moved all to the right side on the S21 so if you're right handed and want to take a screenshot with the buttons, good luck. It's not easy. You have to use a gesture or switch to your left hand.

So to summarize:
      1) Note 10 has larger screen and smaller battery but lasts way way way longer and is lighter.
      2) The new 5G S21 is getting speeds 1/3 the speeds the Note 10 is getting on 4G at the same location on the same test.

I really wanted to like the S21, but it felt like a real downgrade.