Anyone else still have their launch day evo?

Search This thread

amw1972

Sep 11, 2008
not sure you can count mine as launch day...but ON launch day I ordered it online. Received the phone couple days later...rooted the NEXT day...and haven't seen a stock ROM since. Its running like a champ...she's got the 1750 mA extended battery...and a 2 piece silicon and hardshell case by the same company.

brnail

Oct 31, 2007
Count me in as one still running a launch day EVO. I did just have them replace the screen because it had a wee bit of dust under it. I guess I was bored that day....

notown775

Nov 11, 2009
Reno
day 1 evo .002 hardware. same screen, same speaker, same power button.. all on good condition. this is how all my phones end up, that's if I'm not throwing it around cause of how big of a piece of **** it is.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

ausch30

Feb 19, 2009
Buffalo, NY
My screen started lifting about a month after I had it, so it had to be replaced. I've had the replacement ever since though.

Same here. I pre-ordered mine at Radio Shack and got it on launch day. After about a week or 2, the screen started to separate and there was a grinding sound whenever I pressed down on the bottom left corner of the screen. I had it replaced and I've had the replacement since.

Jye75

Jul 1, 2008
Waterford, MI
Just replaced my launch day Evo with a new one. It had no major problems other than the power button crack, the volume button crack, and dust under the screen. other than that, it would occasionally freeze up on me, so I just decided to replace it with a new one.

Jan 30, 2011
Chicago, IL
Still have my launch day Evo - no problems at all. Funny thing is I *almost* didn't get it on launch day. I was at the Sprint Store but got there a little later than I had wanted as my wife had a Dr. appt. So I'm standing in the line talking to one of the staff and he's doing a head count and determines the guy in line behind me is the cutoff as he represents the last in-stock unit they have. Yay me, I think, I made it. Then later on they recount and figure, ooops, the guy in front of me is going to get the last one. Boooo.

So they take my name and info and tell me they've got some more units at a different store that they might be able to have brought over later and if so they will give me a call. I look around the store and think "Hmmm, a LOT of people still not processed, odds are good at least one is going to fail a credit check" but with my wife waiting I figure best to just head home.

Sure enough, 10 minutes after I get home my phone rings and some folks hadn't been able to complete their purchases so back out the door I go!

Waited until the New Year to root and happily running that Launch Day unit (HW 002) with MikFroyo and netarchy-toastmod.

avalst

Jun 13, 2007
Los Angeles
Launch day EVO here as well .002 treating me really well. I gotta give HTC a lot of credit for fixing so many of the Launch day Issues with software updates! Don't even have the dreaded power button crack.

Cicatrize

Jul 14, 2007
Launch day Evo, 002 hardware here, rooted day after launch. I hadn't had any problems until this week, and they all showed up now for some reason lol.

1. Will frequently go into 1X mode for no reason, even with good 3G signal. Can't get it to go back, just have to wait.
2. Finally got the power button crack everyone's talking about.
3. I have a rather large dust particle near the center of my screen under the glass. Really annoying.

TheSilverStig

Jul 21, 2010
Detroit
I still have mine. Only problems are that sometimes my power button likes to stick (only because I use it so damn much) and I broke my rsa keys so no 4g. Other than that this phone is rock solid. Have put more roms on it than I can remember and can still run a 1.26 overclock if I end up in a room with an iPhone or something. And even better yet, im 18 therefore I break/drop everything.

Swyped from my Evo on steroids.

Reactions: avalst

wfrandy

Jun 9, 2010
Reno
Picked up my 002 hardware Evo on launch day and it has worked fine except that the main speaker is starting to sound like crap. I figure when it gets so bad I can't stand it any more I will order a replacment speaker and replace it myself.

upshot

Dec 27, 2006
Still have mine, it runs great...I was the first one out the door of my local Sprint store on launch day. Running either myn's warm2.2 or BlackDroid's Ultimate Droid rom...I go back and forth,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Still have mine, even after being kicked around by a bunch of drunks after Auburn winning the national championship. She likes it rough though.

Still hoping SBC will make it explode, just so I have an excuse to take it in, but alas, she holds up like a real champ. Even after docking it in her charge hole every night for the past 8 months. Now if only every women were... well, nvm.
    I still have mine. Only problems are that sometimes my power button likes to stick (only because I use it so damn much) and I broke my rsa keys so no 4g. Other than that this phone is rock solid. Have put more roms on it than I can remember and can still run a 1.26 overclock if I end up in a room with an iPhone or something. And even better yet, im 18 therefore I break/drop everything.

Swyped from my Evo on steroids.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone