General Anyone else Unimpressed?

Search This thread

sultan.of.swing

Apr 12, 2010
Camas, WA
I came from a 7 Pro and honestly have been pretty unimpressed with the 9 Pro.
The 7 Pro was probably the first android device that I have had in a long time that didn't give me any issues and the performance from day 1 to this day is amazing.
Now fast Forward I got the 9 pro when it was announced, It feels sluggish in comparison to my 7 pro and has tons of issues with Android Auto.

My biggest complaint is Wifi reception is exceptionally poor, my 7 Pro runs circles around my 9 pro when it comes to wifi reception.

I've tried flashing custom roms on the 9 pro but no matter the device honestly just feels like a turd. So I am back on stock.

Reactions: Dewaynelives

Pain-N-Panic

Mar 24, 2013
Droid
Google Pixel 7 Pro
The 7 Pro was probably the first android device that I have had in a long time that didn't give me any issues and the performance from day 1 to this day is amazing.
Now fast Forward I got the 9 pro when it was announced, It feels sluggish in comparison to my 7 pro and has tons of issues with Android Auto.

My biggest complaint is Wifi reception is exceptionally poor, my 7 Pro runs circles around my 9 pro when it comes to wifi reception.

I've tried flashing custom roms on the 9 pro but no matter the device honestly just feels like a turd. So I am back on stock.
My last device was a OP 6T, so the OP 9Pro is several years later.....can't say I I'm having a similar experience. The 120hz beautiful display is buttery smooth. I only use wifi at my house and it's been fine. I personally think the camera is WAY BETTER than my 6t. It may not be Google Pixel quality but it's damn close.

My one and only gripe is the battery life. 6 hour average of SOT is not good.

flushell

Jul 5, 2008

Latest firmware (see sticky)? I have no issues at all. WiFi and Android Auto working fine. Smoother than my 8 pro.

Reactions: tathagatab

flushell

Jul 5, 2008

One thing regarding Android Auto: you have to enable developer options and change the standard USB behaviour to File Transfer.

Libra420T

Honestly over the years coming from 8t but started with 5t and having everyone up. the innovation died after 7 pro. just straight led to death(poor leadership). but with hassleblad and big sensors camera now comes into play. as for the rest of the hardware, well its current hardware what else do I say.. Oxygen is oxygen not the device, so software is equally relevant from previous versions... ltpo is an experiment we'll see how that goes. but to answer, generally I agree not impressed but not upset 😊 👍

Reactions: Haunt3r

aNGERY

Aug 6, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
If not for 5G, I'd have stuck with my 7 pro (I know I could have gotten a 7t pro but I figured I'd spend a bit more and get something new)

So far, it's not knocking my socks off

entropism

Jul 21, 2007
Linden, NJ
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I'm done with it. I love the device itself. The design, the hardware, love it. Hell, even love the pine green color. But the software is a complete clusterfuck of inane bugs and failures. I've never seen a device screw up google assistant before, but here we are. It's the only phone (of the 4 sitting on my desk) that doesn't know who my wife is, when I say "call my wife". Android Auto gets completely borked while driving. It doesn't ring when I get a call. A PHONE THAT DOESN'T RING. I'm in sales, and this is my work phone. This is a disaster. Oh, and the mute switch is bugged too, which is really odd. When the phone comes out of DND mode in the morning, it thinks the mute switch is in the silent position, even though it's (always) set to ring. Just silly.

Really annoyed I spent this much money on a phone I can't even use 2 months later. I went back to my S21, which I'm NOT a fan of. But at least it works as it should.

Reactions: humzaahmed155

DoobyDroid

Disappointed with camera tbh can get some nice shots granted but soon as zoom past 3x it all goes pear shaped all the promo hype prior to release with the moons I was expecting at least half decent shots but zoom is terrible out of focus and we'll just crap really very disappointing and collaboration with hassleblad was basically a marketing gymick to fool us into thinking it's going to be a epic camera , oh we fell for that hook line and sinker , let's hope they can turn it around in future updates , not holding my breath , it's odd the moon was big and bright last night a nice orange tinge and looked a lot closer than when held camera up to get a shot it was much further away looking through camera and to get as close as it looked to the naked eye I had to zoom in 20x and we'll then it's just a fuzzy ball , pointless having zoom if it can't get clear shot really

flushell

Jul 5, 2008
I'm done with it. I love the device itself. The design, the hardware, love it. Hell, even love the pine green color. But the software is a complete clusterfuck of inane bugs and failures. I've never seen a device screw up google assistant before, but here we are. It's the only phone (of the 4 sitting on my desk) that doesn't know who my wife is, when I say "call my wife". Android Auto gets completely borked while driving. It doesn't ring when I get a call. A PHONE THAT DOESN'T RING. I'm in sales, and this is my work phone. This is a disaster. Oh, and the mute switch is bugged too, which is really odd. When the phone comes out of DND mode in the morning, it thinks the mute switch is in the silent position, even though it's (always) set to ring. Just silly.

Really annoyed I spent this much money on a phone I can't even use 2 months later. I went back to my S21, which I'm NOT a fan of. But at least it works as it should.
Strange. I have none of these issues. Very, very strange.

D

Deleted member 1755208

its getting better, next update will fix other issues which phone has be patient .
things are getting better

Reactions: null0seven

DoobyDroid

its getting better, next update will fix other issues which phone has be patient .
things are getting better
Can only hope so , another thing is The difference is pictures like colours taking same picture multiple times theres no consistency Evey one looks different some out of focus some look brighter some look dull or washy think they need to work harder at getting better consistency especially switching back and forth from wide angle etc it's terrible

r4p70r

WTF dude?

A.) You are ****ed up your phone somehow yourself.

Or

B.) It's broken and you should have it replaced. There is a guarantee

Have you ever tried to reset the device and start over?

I read about software bugs in OxygenOS all the time. But somehow I've never had a problem myself. Before the 9Pro, I never had any problems with the OnePlus 3t also.

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
My 9 Pro works fine, Fast & never hot. It get's a little worm when it charges, but thats normal.
I am uninmpressed with samsung bs & iphose creap.

Reactions: galaxys

humzaahmed155

Dec 30, 2011
London
It's getting better ever so slightly. But OOS 11 in my opinion never came out of beta. It ruined the 7 series, and honestly, it is hot GARBAGE on the 9 Pro, the UI/UX issues are annoying, things that just haven't been fixed and things that can be replicated on the 8 Pro that I also have.

The hardware is brilliant and some of the best ever imo (better than the iPhone 12 series), but OnePlus is seriously let down nowadays by their poor software and company decisions. Up until 1.5 years ago I had no issues with OnePlus Support, but now it just seems like customer service is the last thing on their agenda. Fairly disappointed but I guess this is the price to pay for their obvious complacency.

Reactions: sultan.of.swing

K.khiladi

Aug 6, 2014
I would say the opposite of OP. Came from a 6T which is still going strong (gave to my sister). 9 pro is like WAY BETTER than 6T. The biggest gripe with oneplus has always been cameras but on 9 pro. It's frigging amazing. Initial reviews of camera were bad but they definitely improved it with updates. That's why didn't buy it staright away. The screen is gorgeous & buttery smooth. I love the curved screen. Always wanted one.
Just 2 issues - The battery life is meh. It's like pretty avg or below avg. The other issue is there is stuttering sometimes due to frame drops sometimes.
No issue with colors OS getting merged with OOS if it improves update speed & stability. They can still improve the camera a bit more. Some shutter lag is still there.

tathagatab

Dec 31, 2014
Kolkata
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 12

I don't use Android Auto, but I never had any problem with the DND mode. Works perfectly every day. OOS 11.2.9.9 has a few minor bugs, but what phone doesn't? I'm mostly happy with my OP9P. Can't fathom where your "disaster" and "clusterfuck" are coming from.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

WTF dude?

A.) You are ****ed up your phone somehow yourself.

Or

B.) It's broken and you should have it replaced. There is a guarantee

Have you ever tried to reset the device and start over?

I read about software bugs in OxygenOS all the time. But somehow I've never had a problem myself. Before the 9Pro, I never had any problems with the OnePlus 3t also.

My last device was a OP 6T, so the OP 9Pro is several years later.....can't say I I'm having a similar experience. The 120hz beautiful display is buttery smooth. I only use wifi at my house and it's been fine. I personally think the camera is WAY BETTER than my 6t. It may not be Google Pixel quality but it's damn close.

My one and only gripe is the battery life. 6 hour average of SOT is not good.

One thing regarding Android Auto: you have to enable developer options and change the standard USB behaviour to File Transfer.

Strange. I have none of these issues. Very, very strange.
    I would say the opposite of OP. Came from a 6T which is still going strong (gave to my sister). 9 pro is like WAY BETTER than 6T. The biggest gripe with oneplus has always been cameras but on 9 pro. It's frigging amazing. Initial reviews of camera were bad but they definitely improved it with updates. That's why didn't buy it staright away. The screen is gorgeous & buttery smooth. I love the curved screen. Always wanted one.
    Just 2 issues - The battery life is meh. It's like pretty avg or below avg. The other issue is there is stuttering sometimes due to frame drops sometimes.
    No issue with colors OS getting merged with OOS if it improves update speed & stability. They can still improve the camera a bit more. Some shutter lag is still there.