Anyone else with a Huawei S7 tablet here?

Search This thread

oushadow

May 12, 2007
Oklahoma City
Huawei has been pushing a Froyo release in Q1 2011, so I think there may be some confusion here.

I have been trying to get support for an issue with the USB drivers on the S7. I wonder why they responded with this.

Dear Sir/ Madam

thank you for your appreciation to our S7,we do not have plan for Andriod 2.2 at present , you could visit our website ,the lattest news concerning Andriod-based device would be posed the first time at here.

Thanks

charlie hustle

Sep 24, 2010
Tallahassee
wow, just rooted it. too easy. Now i just gotta find a way to get over this damn "not enough memory" crap. I want to install nfs shift and it keep telling me it dont have enough memory. The only other flaw i see with this is the accelerometer. When playing raging thunder (driving game) the car always veers left. There is no option to calibrate it in the OS.

since im rooted, im gonna try the titanium route. and see if that work.
Also, i have rom manager installed, but what model do i flash the clockwork mod?? Can someone help me out?

Last edited:

razor950

Aug 2, 2010
Hialeah
There is no clockwork mod yet. I been working on one and it'll be posted on here and on androidtablets.net (more progress and such go on over there)

The issue with not enough storage will be fixed after recovery or so.

dvdrms

Nov 15, 2010
There is no clockwork mod yet. I been working on one and it'll be posted on here and on androidtablets.net (more progress and such go on over there)

The issue with not enough storage will be fixed after recovery or so.

nice good job, i being following your progress @androidtablet to looking foward.

markogin

Nov 20, 2010
California
Today I tried SIM card from both T-Mobile and At&T.

At&t- VOICE worked, however could not get any data working on this device. I hope this isnt the case. I am going to try again. CAN ANYONE confirm they tried an AT&T SIM and data didnt work for you also???

T-Mobile- Voice & DATA worked, however it is EDGE ONLY. T-mobile 3G did not work.

This will be the shame if this is the case. The box says 3G, so people will return this for not working. I am hoping the AT&T data problems were a fluke.

CPG
View review of Huawei Ideos S7 at MyTalbetLife.com

Data works you just need to input settings for AT&T

markogin

Nov 20, 2010
California
Chenge lock screen picture

Does anybody knows how to do that? If you change the wallpaper it usually also change the lock screen picture but not in this case.
How do I change that lock screen picture?

Patriarch

Mar 8, 2006
Huawei S7 kernel source

Maybe it will help to port clockwork on S7...
can't post link there... Look on www(.)huaweidevice(.)com

Darktroll

Dec 11, 2010
Vitebsk
Hi guys! How about porting some Linux-distro for our devices? For example, UNR (Ubuntu Netbook Remix) or Debian + LXDE.
I think if there are ARM-repo same Debian or Ubuntu, it will be not very difficult. Got any ideas?
Sorry for my еnglish...

dc19010

Dec 12, 2010
ATT Data and Voice working

Just picked up the device last night, added the correct settings under mobile networks. I had the data working perfectly but my calls were going straight to voicemail. I turned the data service off (when set on and put to GSM only data worked fine on the 2g edge network) and received calls just fine.

I just picked this from Best Buy. Great little device for it's price. I haven't been able to get either voice or data to work on ATT. I see a few people with success with T-Mobile. To the ATT folks here has anyone got it to work, and if so did you have anything special to do?

Thanks in advance.

12adu

Dec 18, 2009
touch + pad

Anyone with the following problem? After update with a few firmwares from modaco forum, the touch screen and pad not working? Cannot complete calibration.. Tablet version: S7-106 Actually after the first firmware, but tried few to see if this thing remains..

Last edited:

Misterwally

Feb 5, 2008
Hello I just picked up the Huawei s7. I am really interested seeing this device taken to the next level. Hopefully Fro 2.2. Really not counting on a factory update. I'm waiting on a sim card to see if I can get it going on Simple Mobile. If all goes well then would likely keep the device. Car chargers and accessories are hard to come by, but I'm sure something could be made to work. I would be a willing to cash donate to a tutorial “maker” for a working flash recovery and a cool rom or 2. The resistive screen takes a little getting used to. It isn't that bad though. If calling and data work halfway decent that would put me over the top. I can even get the thing in my back jeans pocket.

shayan

Aug 24, 2006
S7 capacitive version ?

I am planning to buy this tablet, so can anyone guide me that where i can buy the capacitive version on this Huawei S7 tablet, i have also heard that the models like S7-105, S7-106 have a capacitive screen, is it true ?

12adu

Dec 18, 2009
s7-106 is capacitive, but it seems it's somethng with the drivers, as some huawei ppl told me, they may be from rezistive device.

mnielsen

Dec 2, 2007
Hey guys!

I have an S7 too but i not have any app to syncronise with. what do you guys use for that?

And would it be possible to find a rom with scandinavian language to the cool tablet??

/mnielsen