Question Anyone find a way to allow free hotspot use? P6P rooted.......

Search This thread

Demon27

Jun 3, 2016
I've rooted with Magisk, have Magisk Hide props, tried prop editor and it won't save the edit, tried VPN hotspot app and it just freezes up without working. Please help. My kids are driving me nuts without "daddy's wifi" 😆

Reactions: MArtyChubbs

murphyjasonc

Oct 19, 2014
Raleigh
Amazon Kindle Fire
Smart Watches
I've rooted with Magisk, have Magisk Hide props, tried prop editor and it won't save the edit, tried VPN hotspot app and it just freezes up without working. Please help. My kids are driving me nuts without "daddy's wifi" 😆
VPN hotspot works great for me. You have to turn off hardware acceleration in developer options and use a VPN as well for it to work though.

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
Eh? Isn't it free in the US?
No, it depends on the carrier and the plan that you're on. In his case and my case, we're on the old unlimited data plan on Verizon. You have to pay a separate fee to utilize tethering. The old unlimited data plan doesn't get deprioritized like Verizon's current offerings that include tethering at full speed for X gigs and then it gets throttled.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

rester555

Oct 27, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
No, it depends on the carrier and the plan that you're on. In his case and my case, we're on the old unlimited data plan on Verizon. You have to pay a separate fee to utilize tethering. The old unlimited data plan doesn't get deprioritized like Verizon's current offerings that include tethering at full speed for X gigs and then it gets throttled.
On Verizon's new 5g plans, you no longer get deprioritized on their highest cost plan... so it's similar to the OG UDP.

1642638019901.png

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
Does this module require vpn and vpn tethering?
Nope.
On Verizon's new 5g plans, you no longer get deprioritized on their highest cost plan... so it's similar to the OG UDP.

View attachment 5513045
Yeah, I saw that, but I failed to mention that I get a discount on my plan through my employer. So it's a nice hefty 30%~ off per month and new plans are not eligible for employer discounts.
I just tried this and it seems to work so far. Thanks. The connection seems a bit slower than what I'm used to but I'll keep testing.
Strange, the speeds seem fine to me when I'm tethering from my phone. With ****ty signal and only 4G I'm getting like 40-50 Down and 2-5 Up.

Top Liked Posts