Question Anyone find a way to allow free hotspot use? P6P rooted.......

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm on Verizon and I use this module with zero issues. https://github.com/evdenis/tether_unblock/releases
    As a side note, it was hard to find this information back in 2013 on XDA since it's a grey area legally. But I have been pretty principled about the hotspot data charging. It's BS that ISPs charge you TWICE for using the same pipeline of data. Whether you are using your phone or a hotspot, it's still the same data pipeline. The reason a charge was instituted back in 2011/2012 for hotspot by the ISPs was due to saturation of LTE towers. But it's been proven by audits of outside companies that the ISP towers handle Quality of Service (QOS) packets automatically and if anyone is taxing the tower, they deprioritize them whether they are using a hotspot or not. Now that the bandwidth and technology is available with 5G and with 4G LTE, I don't understand charging for hotspot data. It was ludicrous then and it is still now. This has been a nickel and dime scheme from the beginning from the ISPs. And because of this nonsense, it's emboldended cable provider ISPs (Charter, Comcast, and Cox) to add data limits under the guise of bandwidth saturation.
    I'm on Verizon and I use this module with zero issues. https://github.com/evdenis/tether_unblock/releases
    I just tried this and it seems to work so far. Thanks. The connection seems a bit slower than what I'm used to but I'll keep testing.
    Does this module require vpn and vpn tethering?
    Nope.
    On Verizon's new 5g plans, you no longer get deprioritized on their highest cost plan... so it's similar to the OG UDP.

View attachment 5513045
    Yeah, I saw that, but I failed to mention that I get a discount on my plan through my employer. So it's a nice hefty 30%~ off per month and new plans are not eligible for employer discounts.
    I just tried this and it seems to work so far. Thanks. The connection seems a bit slower than what I'm used to but I'll keep testing.
    Strange, the speeds seem fine to me when I'm tethering from my phone. With ****ty signal and only 4G I'm getting like 40-50 Down and 2-5 Up.
    Haven't used it in a while, but does anyone know if PdaNet+ still works?