• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Anyone get a new software update?

Search This thread

jlouang

Jun 8, 2010
Just now my watch ask to update. The build version is KGW42R. Update took 30 seconds and lost 3% after the update. I wonder what the improvements were.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

atg284

Nov 26, 2012
No update for me so far. I hope they add the ability to have the screen off while charging and to bring up cards at will.

Reactions: v3ngence

machoua

May 11, 2013
Crazy how when I disable that in the developers options, still doesn't work for me.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

atg284

Nov 26, 2012
Crazy how when I disable that in the developers options, still doesn't work for me.

The only way I can get it to turn off is by using the android wear app method.

Put on charger
In Android wear app go to settings
Check mark the always on setting
Wait for 360 to dim
Then un-check
Screen should turn off while charging

kpjimmy

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio TX
Well once you take it off the charger it lights up and when you place it back, it sometimes doesn't turn off. I usually hit the crown once on the charger to wake it, then again to dim and then it would turn off 9 out of 10 times.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jlouang

Jun 8, 2010
Only thing I notice so far is that the white charging light indicator finally turns off when the watch taken off.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

TheJesus

Nov 12, 2010
High Point, NC
Here is the only change I can find:
Old Android Wear Build: 1.0.1.1387258
New Android Wear Build: 1.0.1.1448224
The Google Play Services did not change.

v3ngence

Dec 24, 2008
I never got a notice but my build number is also KGW42R,

But my software version is 4.4W.1 and I think that's what everyone uses for update reference.

machoua

May 11, 2013

Put on charger
Wait for 360 to dim
Then un-check

Worked for me thanks! Better than having the screen on all the time.

Reactions: atg284

jasonleb1

May 29, 2010
I got the update as well. Heard about someone getting an update, I checked mine for one, didn't see anything, exited out of settings and got the alert. Can't see any differences so far though.

contentryder

Aug 11, 2006
Houston
Discussion Subject:Release notes: Moto 360 KGW42R on the way
Comment:
INTRODUCTION

We are rolling out a new software update for Moto 360 by Motorola. With this update we have fixed some issues which improves functionality. For more information on Motorola updates and repairs, visit motorola.com/mymoto360.

NOTE: You cannot downgrade to a previous software version after installing this update.

ENHANCEMENTS

This Moto 360 software update is for all users. After installing the software update you will notice some changes, including:

Bluetooth connectivity

Improved Bluetooth connectivity between the watch and phone to reduce momentary disconnects experienced by some users.

Charging notification

Added a message to confirm that Moto 360 is charging in cases when its battery is fully depleted.

Bug fixes

Implemented bug fixes and other system optimizations.

INSTRUCTIONS

This software update will be rolled out in phases to Moto 360 users over the next few days. When you receive the update, you will receive a notification on your watch.

To successfully install the update, your watch must be connected to a phone which is then connected to the internet. Your watch’s battery level must also be greater than 80%.

If you have received a notification message for this update:

Select "Download".

After the software is downloaded, select "Install now".

After the software is installed, your Moto 360 will restart automatically.

Your watch is now updated with KGW42R

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/674f662e48

Bikegeek

Feb 5, 2007
It still needs >80% on the battery. Downloaded the update and got a message to charge the battery - I was at 78%. At 81% it did the install.

Dugan1017

May 3, 2012
Update is Looking Good

Did get the update today. I was having at least 6-7 BT disconnects a day with my Galaxy S4...I've had none in the last 3 hours...keeping my fingers crossed. I've also noticed that the watch is markedly more responsive to the wrist motion to turn it on when adaptive display is turned off.

Disappointment was starting to creep in, but this is looking good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Discussion Subject:Release notes: Moto 360 KGW42R on the way
    Comment:
    INTRODUCTION

We are rolling out a new software update for Moto 360 by Motorola. With this update we have fixed some issues which improves functionality. For more information on Motorola updates and repairs, visit motorola.com/mymoto360.

NOTE: You cannot downgrade to a previous software version after installing this update.

ENHANCEMENTS

This Moto 360 software update is for all users. After installing the software update you will notice some changes, including:

Bluetooth connectivity

Improved Bluetooth connectivity between the watch and phone to reduce momentary disconnects experienced by some users.

Charging notification

Added a message to confirm that Moto 360 is charging in cases when its battery is fully depleted.

Bug fixes

Implemented bug fixes and other system optimizations.

INSTRUCTIONS

This software update will be rolled out in phases to Moto 360 users over the next few days. When you receive the update, you will receive a notification on your watch.

To successfully install the update, your watch must be connected to a phone which is then connected to the internet. Your watch’s battery level must also be greater than 80%.

If you have received a notification message for this update:

Select "Download".

After the software is downloaded, select "Install now".

After the software is installed, your Moto 360 will restart automatically.

Your watch is now updated with KGW42R

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/674f662e48
    Alright guys, we get it.. Better battery life reported by many.. No need for another 97 posts letting us know you still have 45% at the end of the day after heavy use..
    This isn't just better, this is double the battery life!
    VMOYwCR.png

That's 49h 5m to 20% with the stock rotate face :D

Put on charger
    Wait for 360 to dim
    Then un-check
    Very happy that with the update I can tap the side button while the 360 is charging and it turns the screen completely off. Tapping it a second time will turn it back on to the charging screen.
    Just reset watch and still no update. I guess I'll just have to be patient

I reset the watch, and went through the setup, got no update.

Try uninstalling the wear app, resetting watch, then setup both again. Worked for me.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Free mobile app