Question Anyone get viper4android worked on A13?

Search This thread

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
It seems to be broken at this point, I've run into the same issue; when opening V4A on A13 it wants to install the driver (+ reboot), but after that's done the app still won't work.

Would be awesome to know if someone could share a workaround, or we can together work on one.

KHANrad_SIN

Jul 4, 2014
Same here. I switched to JamesDSP Audio Manager v4.6 and really like it so far.

When installing the module, don't forget to select "Yes" when asked if this is a Huawei device. Otherwise, the DSP manager will crash.
Does JamesDSP automatically change your audio settings when you switch audio devices like V4A does? Like when you switch from bluetooth earbuds to your car speakers, on V4A it will auto switch the EQ, viper bass, viper clarity etc. to whatever you last set it as when using that specific audio device.

KHANrad_SIN

Jul 4, 2014
Does JamesDSP automatically change your audio settings when you switch audio devices like V4A does? Like when you switch from bluetooth earbuds to your car speakers, on V4A it will auto switch the EQ, viper bass, viper clarity etc. to whatever you last set it as when using that specific audio device.
So for anyone else wondering, I went ahead and took the dive. Updated to A13 and tried out JamesDSP. It kind of(??) automatically changes your settings based on what your audio output is. It will switch between a speaker, headset(plugged in) and bluetooth profile. You can save different overall profiles (meaning it will save one speaker, headset and bluetooth profile) and load them but the problem for me is that it does not do it automatically. You have to manually load the overall profile yourself. This is unlike V4A, where it would switch the audio settings automatically when your audio output source changes. (This is actually how V4A used to be a while ago but now it auto switches)

Anyways, hope a fix for V4A comes out soon lol.

Last edited:

card13

Nov 27, 2008
Washington State
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 5
@sas46 I made sure to remove all Audio Magisk Modules (I had V4A, Audio Mod Library and Compatibility), uninstall V4A App then reboot, then install JamesDSP. I went far enough to confirm that the singular function I was looking for wasn't there and went straight to uninstall.

sas46

Nov 26, 2013
Florence
@sas46 I made sure to remove all Audio Magisk Modules (I had V4A, Audio Mod Library and Compatibility), uninstall V4A App then reboot, then install JamesDSP. I went far enough to confirm that the singular function I was looking for wasn't there and went straight to uninstall.
I've tried everything, still force closing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a Pixel 6 Pro running A13 and Magisk 25.1. I installed V4A using the magisk module ViPER4Android_FX-v2_7_2_1-2721.zip and like everyone else I get the driver loop. I added the following lines to the post-fs-data.sh file:

magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver audioserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver system_file file { execmod }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver mediaserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver system_file file { execmod }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver unlabeled file { read write execute open getattr }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default process { execmem }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default_tmpfs file { execute }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default audio_data_file dir { search }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow app app_data_file file { execute_no_trans }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow mtk_hal_audio mtk_hal_audio_tmpfs file { execute }'

The the location of the post-fs-data.sh file is /data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX

When I got in my car and Android Auto started playing music I instantly noticed a difference. V4A was indeed processing the audio, however, I couldn't open the app to make any changes to any of the settings because as soon as I open the v4a app I get the message "Driver not installed blah, blah". As far as I can tell there is no way to clear the message off the screen to be able to make any settings changes in the app. I wanted to listen to music in my car so I uninstalled V4A right then and rebooted. When my phone connected to AA and started playing music the sound was back to "normal".
    Mind walking is through the steps to get v4a working on a13?
    Honestly, bro. I won't even lie to you. I don't know what happened. I had the initial driver bug. Mind you. That was my pixel 4 XL running 13. My daily driver is the 6 Pro. My 6 Pro has the exact same setup, yet viper is not processing. See the screenshots below. It honestly was just a fluke.

Screenshot_20220829-185028~2.jpg Screenshot_20220829-185018.jpg
    So is the consensus right now that V4a is working on A13 for every other device EXCEPT the pixel 6 and pixel 6 pro? lol
    Idk what happened over night, but VIPER IS PROCESSING ON ANDROID 13 Pixel 4 XL!

View attachment 5699877 View attachment 5699879
    My friend also told me V4A can work on pixel 4 with A13 but not pixel 6, no idea why 😂
    What does the driver status say?
    The usual. "Driver not installed."
    I think someone mentioned this before, but it seems that the devs of JamesDSP probably could guide us in the right direction. They have their module using the "lib64" files instead of "lib" files like viper. On A12 all audio processing is done through the regular lib files and on A13 all audio is being processed through lib64.

First screenshot is the pixel 6 pro running A13. Notice that James Dsp is utilizing lib64 folder. The second one is the OnePlus 9 pro A12. It's running both viper and James dsp, but they are utilizing regular lib folders. Apparently viper is trying to use the lib folder, but all the audio processing is being done through lib64 now.
    I have a Pixel 6 Pro running A13 and Magisk 25.1. I installed V4A using the magisk module ViPER4Android_FX-v2_7_2_1-2721.zip and like everyone else I get the driver loop. I added the following lines to the post-fs-data.sh file:

magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver audioserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver system_file file { execmod }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver mediaserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver system_file file { execmod }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver unlabeled file { read write execute open getattr }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default process { execmem }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default_tmpfs file { execute }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default audio_data_file dir { search }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow app app_data_file file { execute_no_trans }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow mtk_hal_audio mtk_hal_audio_tmpfs file { execute }'

The the location of the post-fs-data.sh file is /data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX

When I got in my car and Android Auto started playing music I instantly noticed a difference. V4A was indeed processing the audio, however, I couldn't open the app to make any changes to any of the settings because as soon as I open the v4a app I get the message "Driver not installed blah, blah". As far as I can tell there is no way to clear the message off the screen to be able to make any settings changes in the app. I wanted to listen to music in my car so I uninstalled V4A right then and rebooted. When my phone connected to AA and started playing music the sound was back to "normal".
    Mind walking is through the steps to get v4a working on a13?
    Honestly, bro. I won't even lie to you. I don't know what happened. I had the initial driver bug. Mind you. That was my pixel 4 XL running 13. My daily driver is the 6 Pro. My 6 Pro has the exact same setup, yet viper is not processing. See the screenshots below. It honestly was just a fluke.

Screenshot_20220829-185028~2.jpg Screenshot_20220829-185018.jpg
    Same here. I switched to JamesDSP Audio Manager v4.6 and really like it so far.

When installing the module, don't forget to select "Yes" when asked if this is a Huawei device. Otherwise, the DSP manager will crash.
    So for anyone else wondering, I went ahead and took the dive. Updated to A13 and tried out JamesDSP. It kind of(??) automatically changes your settings based on what your audio output is. It will switch between a speaker, headset(plugged in) and bluetooth profile. You can save different overall profiles (meaning it will save one speaker, headset and bluetooth profile) and load them but the problem for me is that it does not do it automatically. You have to manually load the overall profile yourself. This is unlike V4A, where it would switch the audio settings automatically when your audio output source changes. (This is actually how V4A used to be a while ago but now it auto switches)

Anyways, hope a fix for V4A comes out soon lol.