* * * Anyone Getting An Unsolicited "DRINK MORE WATER" Pop Up * * *

Search This thread

Neo

Sr Mod / Mod Committee / The One / Free Your Mind
Staff member
Aug 4, 2011
The Matrix
So what everyone is saying is, I need a better circle of friends, a MUCH less thirsty circle, preferably including everyone's grandma and smaller letters?

Does that about sum it up?

Oh, btw;
I STILL HAVE THE STUPID "DRINK MORE WATER" POP UP!
Here is your answer:
e0e6f99eb69842dea042a34cd1acee96_A.jpeg

Download Malwarebytes Security from Google Play Store and scan phone to remove the pop ups.

Last edited:

T.C.Stockdale

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
So what everyone is saying is, I need a better circle of friends, a MUCH less thirsty circle, preferably including everyone's grandma and smaller letters?

Oh, btw;

[emoji123][emoji12]FB_IMG_1568381703980.jpg

✯✯✯ Υ Σ Μ Χ ✯✯✯

woodman

Senior Moderator / RC-RT & Moderator Committees
Staff member
Jul 21, 2012
France
OnePlus 7T
Oh, btw;
I'm starting to think your thread is a real help request. Is it a notification you get? I mean from the notification panel?

- If it's a notification: my recommendation would be to go to the mysterious app through its notification (slight swipe or long press > more settings > App info > then kill dat app!!!

- if it's a pop up (I mean not appearing on notifications panel): I haz no idea besides you drink moar water.

Edit : I think I killed the fun.
Edit 2: I think I should be banned for that.

Last edited:

karandpr

Senior Moderator | Dev Committee Lead & stuff
Staff member
Feb 20, 2011
Check battery stats of all apps.
The one with popup will be in top 10-20. Delete it.

If you want to be really sure. Sit on computer with adb logcat on ....
Once the ad comes , you will find the package name of faulty application. scan the last 100-200 lines. The ad network will show up.

Try using blokada and see if the ads get blocked.

Now back to the topic .....
tumblr_o7bd22tzma1rzo8x9o1_500.gif

Whiskey103

Senior Moderator / Member Advocate Admin / DC / RT
Staff member
Jun 6, 2009
Tell me, I’m lost . . .
www.whiskey103.nl

Oh, btw;

Its a Google Pixel right? Asked Google yet??

Neo

Sr Mod / Mod Committee / The One / Free Your Mind
Staff member
Aug 4, 2011
The Matrix
Check battery stats of all apps.
The one with popup will be in top 10-20. Delete it.

If you want to be really sure. Sit on computer with adb logcat on ....
Once the ad comes , you will find the package name of faulty application. scan the last 100-200 lines. The ad network will show up.

Try using blokada and see if the ads get blocked.

Now back to the topic .....
tumblr_o7bd22tzma1rzo8x9o1_500.gif
I already said to download malwarebytes from the playstore and get it to remove the malware/app. Others have had this exact same issue and resolved it in that fashion. How much more help does OP need to fix this????

karandpr

Senior Moderator | Dev Committee Lead & stuff
Staff member
Feb 20, 2011
I already said to download malwarebytes from the playstore and get it to remove the malware/app. Others have had this exact same issue and resolved it in that fashion. How much more help does OP need to fix this????

Probably Google has updated their digital wellbeing and it's using its advanced ai to ask OP to hydrate :eek:.

Az Biker

Senior Moderator / RC- RT Committee / Semper Salty
Staff member
My wife hit me in the head with a hockey stick and now I can only read and write in Serbian...

I'll need everyone to repost their helpful, on-topic comments in Serbian so I can make a note of all those I'm removing from my Christmas list this year.

Thank God for Google translate for the English translation of my Serbian text

Supruga me udarila u glavu hokejaškom palicom i sada mogu da čitam samo na srpskom ..

Trebaće mi svi da ponovo objavim svoje korisne komentare na srpskom jeziku kako bih mogao da napišem sve one koje ove godine uklanjam sa svoje božićne liste.

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Unfortunately, I ignored the warnings.
Due to the dehydration my brain got damaged and from now on I am doomed to communicate in the German language.

Fortunately there is deepl.com.

_

Leider habe ich die Warnungen ignoriert.
Durch die dehydration nahm mein Gehirn schaden und fortan bin ich dazu verdammt in der deutschen Sprache zu kommunizieren.

Zum Glück gibt es deepl.com.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Problem:

All of a sudden, I am getting this super annoying "Drink More Water" reminder pop up a few times every day!

What I've Done To Resolve This:

After doing a search of this section and even searching Google for "How to remove drink water pop up"; nothing comes up here, and the stuff that comes up in Google is basically telling you to remove the "drink more water app"...

I haven't downloaded ANY water related apps, set any reminders, or changed any settings on any of my fitness apps recently.

Even after checking through all my apps (including system apps) I have nothing closely related to a "drink more water" app or any new, suspicious apps.

I'll upload a screenie the next times it pops up.

Current Setup:

July 2019 security patch as well as the July 2019 factory image, rooted, Ex Kernel.

Hopefully someone has experienced this and it's an easy fix.

TIA for any and all help :good:

Did you try solving it by drinking more water?.......
    Did you try solving it by drinking more water?.......
    DON'T QUOTE THE ENTIRE OP, NOOB! REPORTED!!!!1!!one!
    The text is soooo big on this post, my grandma was able to read from across the street. Not mention the smell of noob that comes from it lolololol ???
    Love from this part of the world...

dont-letvourself-get-dehydrated-drink-more-water-its-good-for-8558860.png
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone