General Anyone going to get the zfold4 after the 3?

Search This thread

force70

Jan 27, 2012
toronto
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I would say no, if you want something go for it but I also upgrade typically multiple times per year and have done so for a long time and always buy my devices outright so my opinion may not be the most advisable to follow lol.

Reactions: spart0n

hkr

Oct 31, 2008
No, Samsung Switzerland doesn't want people upgrading from Fold3 to Fold4.
For an upgrade they offer CHF 120.- (~ USD 123.-) for an Z Fold3 ...

Anyway, my wife get's her first flip ...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-10 154531.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-10 154531.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 45

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
Same as OP. I have never had a Fold phone, however, I am starting to like the design. I just can't make the purchase for one if there isn't root access =/.

With the trade in deal Samsung is pushing on this preorder, I can't help but consider the options but for such a small hardware upgrade I might just wait for the fold5.

But yes it's almost like Samsung doesn't want to make a huge profit on the fold4 offering such a huge trade in and discounts to have the new fold4, watch5 pro, and buds all for less than $900 after taxes...

force70

Jan 27, 2012
toronto
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Where you located? Im in Canada and my order says starting to ship on the 18th and I know what that means lol.

Took 7 weeks for me to get my red S22 ultra so at least the fold 4 should hopefully be faster than that lol.

kaos_king

Sep 22, 2008
Same as OP. I have never had a Fold phone, however, I am starting to like the design. I just can't make the purchase for one if there isn't root access =/.
This is my only reservation too. I'm currently on Note 10+ and I'm very tempted, but no root would be a deal breaker for me. If I went for it I'd like to take the trade in deal as it's pretty good in the UK, but I'd have to do it before release and presumably before the outcome of root is known.

What's the likelihood of no root at all?

This is my only reservation too. I'm currently on Note 10+ and I'm very tempted, but no root would be a deal breaker for me. If I went for it I'd like to take the trade in deal as it's pretty good in the UK, but I'd have to do it before release and presumably before the outcome of root is known.

What's the likelihood of no root at all?
Most likely no root or if there is it will be like the fold3 and only have 1 or 2 models for international that got unlockable bootloaders

Reactions: NippleSauce

kaos_king

Sep 22, 2008
Most likely no root or if there is it will be like the fold3 and only have 1 or 2 models for international that got unlockable bootloaders
Damn, that's disappointing to hear. I haven't followed any of the fold's on xda but had a look at the 3's forum, saw the root thread and got hopeful.

It's a shame Samsung won't let us use the devices the way we want, it's a lot of money to be restricted

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
Damn, that's disappointing to hear. I haven't followed any of the fold's on xda but had a look at the 3's forum, saw the root thread and got hopeful.

It's a shame Samsung won't let us use the devices the way we want, it's a lot of money to be restricted
Yep. I learned that the hard way when I had grabbed an S21 Ultra after forgetting all of my phone knowledge due a severe brain injury. But regardless, there will be another folding phone within the next year or so from a different manufacturer (and it will have the option to be purchased with an unlockable bootloader).
=)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No. There isn't enough of an upgrade for me to bite the bullet. I'll wait to see what the Fold 5 has to offer or if there are other mfg. that come up with something better.
    Does anyone else think it is uneconomical to upgrade after a year, without fully paying off the Fold3?
    yeah, upgrading from Fold3 to the Fold4 1TB version
    pre ordered yesterday after all discounts and exchnage im getting it for 500$
    Forgot to add my friend bought a Fold4 last week and says that battery life is now as good as any other flagship phone (the Fold3 battery was terrible)

Also he is a photography enthusiast and reckons the 50mp main camera sensor is a huge upgrade over F3.

I will hopefully receive my new Fold4 tomorrow so will let you all know what I think in a few days :)