General Anyone going to get the zfold4 after the 3?

Search This thread

eswar539

Dec 8, 2012
Z Fold 4
The trade-ins in the US are soo much better than the UK. If I trade in my fold3, it still costs me ~£900.
For the "upgrades" it gives me it's not worth it. I'll hold off until the fold5.
well im not from us, im from india. trading in on official site day light robbery, i sold mine on open market and got 900$. along with fold 4 smasung is offering galaxy watch 4 classic for 50$ which i will be selling for 250$, finally around 350$ in creditcard discounts. over all price im getting the fold 4 is 500$

note : i just converted the rupees to dollars vaugely

but i agree with you, us has much better offers than any other country

ycats

Feb 27, 2007
Nolensville, Tennessee
I pulled the trigger a couple of days ago and ordered the ZFold4, a $1000 trade-in for my ZFold3 isn't bad. I did notice the same value for the ZFold2, so that being said, the 3 should have been a $1200 value.

Reactions: ronaldheld

SirHoover2010

Sep 12, 2011
Vincennes
I am looking at pre ordering the fold 4 from samsung, but I am curious how android has adapted to the passwords by face id/fingerprint. Has it gotten any better? I went to an iphone when my galaxy broke during covid and they didnt have any stock to replace it under warranty. That is the biggest quality of life improvement that I have seen is the password auto fill in apps is far better on iphone than android 11 was.

Reactions: spart0n

Bryanpen77

Dec 4, 2020
Altogether I got a 1700$ credit. Traded in a Z Fold3 256GB heavily used (1000$ credit) and a S22 Ultra 256GB (700$) credit. Fold 3 was won in an ebay auction for 589$ imported from Great Britain 4 months ago and the S22 Ultra was a courtesy replacement for a S21 Ultra that had major signal issues also 4 months ago. I got the 1TB fold4 grey green, matching s pen hard case and s pen, and black buds 2 pro. Paid 573$ finally after receiving the 300$ enhanced pre order credit. I took advantage of everything. Now I am selling all the cases from the old devices for almost 200$.

dezborders

Jun 23, 2010
Glasgow
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Forgot to add my friend bought a Fold4 last week and says that battery life is now as good as any other flagship phone (the Fold3 battery was terrible)

Also he is a photography enthusiast and reckons the 50mp main camera sensor is a huge upgrade over F3.

I will hopefully receive my new Fold4 tomorrow so will let you all know what I think in a few days :)

dezborders

Jun 23, 2010
Glasgow
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Alright so after a lot more thought on this since I made this thread, I've personally come to the conclusion that the 4 just isn't enough of an upgrade for me to justify getting it. Most likely I'll get the 5 but I still love the 3 and it performs well
Agreed ... If I had paid 1799 for my Fold3 512gb I'd not be upgrading to the F4 this year ... But I paid £500 and Samsung are giving me 720 for it

Samsung UK has a 14 days returns policy so if the F4 does not live up to what my friend told me it can go back and I keep my 500 quid F3 :)

Agreed ... If I had paid 1799 for my Fold3 512gb I'd not be upgrading to the F4 this year ... But I paid £500 and Samsung are giving me 720 for it

Samsung UK has a 14 days returns policy so if the F4 does not live up to what my friend told me it can go back and I keep my 500 quid F3 :)
Please don't get me wrong, I understand others have good reasons for getting the 4. I spent $800 on mine earlier this year and just recently got a dbrand skin and clear case and love the way it looks. And I was offered from Samsung a $1000 credit to trade this in and get a fold4 and get $200 credit towards a galaxy watch 5 pro or buds and a free case and an s pen all for the low price of $800 plus tax at the beginning of the preorder. At the moment, I just don't have that kind of money to just throw around neither do I want all that extra stuff. I already have buds, a couple from other brands too, and I just don't see the point of having an s pen if it doesn't fit into the phone like old notes. And no one is wrong for buying a phone.

dezborders

Jun 23, 2010
Glasgow
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Please don't get me wrong, I understand others have good reasons for getting the 4. I spent $800 on mine earlier this year and just recently got a dbrand skin and clear case and love the way it looks. And I was offered from Samsung a $1000 credit to trade this in and get a fold4 and get $200 credit towards a galaxy watch 5 pro or buds and a free case and an s pen all for the low price of $800 plus tax at the beginning of the preorder. At the moment, I just don't have that kind of money to just throw around neither do I want all that extra stuff. I already have buds, a couple from other brands too, and I just don't see the point of having an s pen if it doesn't fit into the phone like old notes. And no one is wrong for buying a phone.
Yes everybody's needs and budget is different and this reflects our choice to upgrade or not

For me tho I have a 1 year old F3 with no warranty support (in UK you need proof of purchase for any warranty claim).

Taking the p/ex offer works for me and also I can sent f4 back in 10 days if it's not as good as I expected and keep my Fold3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No. There isn't enough of an upgrade for me to bite the bullet. I'll wait to see what the Fold 5 has to offer or if there are other mfg. that come up with something better.
    Does anyone else think it is uneconomical to upgrade after a year, without fully paying off the Fold3?
    yeah, upgrading from Fold3 to the Fold4 1TB version
    pre ordered yesterday after all discounts and exchnage im getting it for 500$
    Forgot to add my friend bought a Fold4 last week and says that battery life is now as good as any other flagship phone (the Fold3 battery was terrible)

Also he is a photography enthusiast and reckons the 50mp main camera sensor is a huge upgrade over F3.

I will hopefully receive my new Fold4 tomorrow so will let you all know what I think in a few days :)