• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Anyone got a iink to H931 stock firmware?

Search This thread

rykr

Apr 7, 2010
Looking for stock firmware for AT&T V30 (H931). I just picked up a unit that is showing userdebug on the home screen. Hoping a full flash will remove that.

Thanks!

rykr

Apr 7, 2010
Before you return to full stock check if you have fastboot commands like try fastboot get cid

I'll try. I can't restore to stock until I actually find a stock firmware to fiash.

I booted into what I t hink if fastboot mode. here's what I tried with the results:

fastboot cid <--- invalid command cmd
fastboot get cid <-- invalid command get
fastboot getvar unlocked gave this:

unlocked: no
finished. total time: 0.002s

What other commands would you like me to try?

R800x_user

Oct 20, 2013
East Palo Alto
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
I'll try. I can't restore to stock until I actually find a stock firmware to fiash.

I booted into what I t hink if fastboot mode. here's what I tried with the results:

fastboot cid <--- invalid command cmd
fastboot get cid <-- invalid command get
fastboot getvar unlocked gave this:

unlocked: no
finished. total time: 0.002s

What other commands would you like me to try?
That's it. just as I suspected locked bootloader. Carry on with returning to stock.

R800x_user

Oct 20, 2013
East Palo Alto
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
Haha. I would if I could find the H931 firmware. It doesn't seem to exist. Do you know if AT&T will actually flash my phone for me?
Well have you tried factory reseting from settings>accounts>reset and backup>reset and if that doesnt work power off the device and hold power+ volume down and when the lg logo shows up let go of the power button for one second, then press and hold it again while holding volume down that will boot to recovery and will let you reset manually. Let me find a youtube link just incase this was a bit confusing ill edit in a couple of minutes

rykr

Apr 7, 2010
Well have you tried factory reseting from settings>accounts>reset and backup>reset and if that doesnt work power off the device and hold power+ volume down and when the lg logo shows up let go of the power button for one second, then press and hold it again while holding volume down that will boot to recovery and will let you reset manually. Let me find a youtube link just incase this was a bit confusing ill edit in a couple of minutes

it has a custom firmware on it so I can't get updates at all. Looking at the sofware info I see the build number as:

joan_att_us-userdebug 7.1.2 N2G47H
<some numbers> test-keys

This is clearly some custom build that someone did (Joan?). Factory resetting is not going to fix that. I need to find the H93110e (or h) current firmware and flash that to really get back to stock.

R800x_user

Oct 20, 2013
East Palo Alto
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
it has a custom firmware on it so I can't get updates at all. Looking at the sofware info I see the build number as:

joan_att_us-userdebug 7.1.2 N2G47H
<some numbers> test-keys

This is clearly some custom build that someone did (Joan?). Factory resetting is not going to fix that. I need to find the H93110e (or h) current firmware and flash that to really get back to stock.

Gotcha, yeah thats odd to have on a production unit. i would try to unlock the bootloader if that where me lol so don't do it. Maybe try lg bridge to get a normal build on there and if worst comes to worst just do a warranty exchange when you can.

paour

Gotcha, yeah thats odd to have on a production unit. i would try to unlock the bootloader if that where me lol so don't do it. Maybe try lg bridge to get a normal build on there and if worst comes to worst just do a warranty exchange when you can.
Sounds like an unscrupulous att employee selling engineering samples lg providedfor validation. Warranty exchanges are unlikely ?.

Reactions: R800x_user

rykr

Apr 7, 2010
Hey as long as he has a receipt i think it should be okay since I doubt he himself loaded that debuging software onto his phone let alone the kdz for the att variant hasn't been posted online(that I'm aware of).

The hardware rev is still 1.0 so I'm hoping it's the same as a retail unit. Seems good. Just waiting for a stock firmware to be posted online (I'm sure it will get out eventually) to see if I can flash it to stock and then take OTAs.

R800x_user

Oct 20, 2013
East Palo Alto
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
The hardware rev is still 1.0 so I'm hoping it's the same as a retail unit. Seems good. Just waiting for a stock firmware to be posted online (I'm sure it will get out eventually) to see if I can flash it to stock and then take OTAs.

I'm just curious on the bootloader since you are on debugging software. I'll trade you my fully functional H932 jk. I already bootloader unlocked my tmobile variant at the cost of my warranty and I wouldnt want someone else to void there 2 year warranty just for the sake of tinkering like me. I'll do some searching for that kdz to help out. I'll link it if i find it.

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

I meant the hardware... The phone is likely a pre-prod unit.

I'd trade for that no questions asked ?

texas83

Jan 22, 2008
Dallas, TX
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
No. Mine had a broken head phone jack so I returned it

Where'd you return it to? I sent mine to LG for warranty repair. They kept it for 10 days and then just sent it back saying "TEST PHONE: UNABLE TO REPAIR" I thought they would've at least flashed the stock firmware but no such luck. I'm messing with the hidden menu to see if I can get rid of the userdebug imprint on it.

padmanek

Dec 17, 2012
Where'd you return it to? I sent mine to LG for warranty repair. They kept it for 10 days and then just sent it back saying "TEST PHONE: UNABLE TO REPAIR" I thought they would've at least flashed the stock firmware but no such luck. I'm messing with the hidden menu to see if I can get rid of the userdebug imprint on it.

Have you tried using Repair with LG Bridge? If it doesn't work you need a person with AT&T V30 that does that(or just a firmware update) and then checks logs to give you url to the firmware.

rykr

Apr 7, 2010

I had purchased it from eBay so the user really had no choice but to take it back and give me a refund. He had not disclosed that it was running a non-stock firmware and that the headphone jack was damaged.

Top Liked Posts