Anyone got a way to get past the tmobile edition 1 week wait for bootloader unlock code?

Search This thread

BreeziTV

Jan 11, 2022
OnePlus 8
Title says itt all, but I'm impatient haha Tried reaching out to TMobile on twitter about it, they sent me over to oneplus saying they only do network unlock, then they sent me over to tmobile saying that tmo is the one that does the bootloader unlock code stuff not them. I've relayed both things to each team so they at least know what the other said, but again, like the title says - I don't wanna wait a whole week to get the unlock code so I can flash MicroG'd LineageOS.

FoxyDrew

Aug 18, 2014
East Taunton
Yeah none of us wanted to wait, trust it's been tried.

Maybe it's possible in some weird way - unlikely. It would take longer than a week to try to create some method to unlock without waiting- at that point what's the purpose?

Patience is virtue, also from what I know it is indeed Oneplus who is generating the unlock code for you, after the SIM is unlocked it's out of T-Mobile's hands.

To be fair I'd be willing to bet the one week wait is just an artificial deterrent from people unlocking their bootloader. My smartphone can render complex 3D worlds in high definition in real time. What are the odds it actually takes OnePlus's computers an entire week to generate a simple code? Seems superfluous.

Last edited:

BreeziTV

Jan 11, 2022
OnePlus 8
Yeah none of us wanted to wait, trust it's been tried.

Maybe it's possible in some weird way - unlikely. It would take longer than a week to try to create some method to unlock without waiting- at that point what's the purpose?

Patience is virtue, also from what I know it is indeed Oneplus who is generating the unlock code for you, after the SIM is unlocked it's out of T-Mobile's hands.

To be fair I'd be willing to bet the one week wait is just an artificial deterrent from people unlocking their bootloader. My smartphone can render complex 3D worlds in high definition in real time. What are the odds it actually takes OnePlus's computers an entire week to generate a simple code? Seems superfluous.
True. Did talk with support though, so maybe I'll get lucky

Two Sheets

Jan 11, 2022
bingo. Also is there a global fw flashing guide? Just got done MSMTool upgradethinging. do I just follow https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/update-oneplus-8-in2017-t-mobile-to-international-with-bootloader-re-lock.4345305/ for the flashing global bit?

Keep me updated on your efforts and hopefully success with the global rom. I have 6 days until I get my token from oneplus. For $200, this is a pretty powerful piece of hardware. Solid build quality as well.

Top Liked Posts