Question Anyone got it rooted /Magisk?

Search This thread

Mahoro.san

Dec 17, 2011

Mahoro.san

Dec 17, 2011
Thank you Leo,

Just started the unlock process and it requires 168hr (7days) of wait time , guess I can still uses my op5 phone for sometime until the wait.

Pretty annoying way of wait but at least its not unattainable.

Reactions: shieraz

osemoka

May 13, 2013
Bydgoszcz
Yes, your F3 bootloader has to be unlocked. Keep in mind that doing so will NOT void device warranty, but phone contents will be erased. So take a backup of personal or important files before proceeding.
Hey. Are you sure it won't void warranty ? E.g.article

It says about unlock policy :
... "This policy is applicable to Xiaomi phones in India under both the Mi and Redmi sub-brand. Other regions could possibly have variations to this policy. And before you ask, POCO is excluded from the scope of this article and this policy entirely as it operates as an independent unit and has its own separate policy."

Do you have the source of the information that unlocking POCO from anywhere in the world is officialy not voiding warranty?

fastleo63

Nov 26, 2009
Ferrara
OnePlus One
Xiaomi Poco F3
I don't know exactly if the above apply in your country.
Here in Italy Xiaomi/POCO said clearly that bootloader unlock and device rooting DOES NOT void warranty.
If further operations will lead to a phone crash/brick, so warranty will be void, and device will be repaired at a cost.
If in doubt, I suggest to ask directly to your local POCO office.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robert314

osemoka

May 13, 2013
Bydgoszcz
I've got not local poco office jn my country (Poland) . When asked reseller they said - every software modification results in warranty loss. I don't trust their judgment entirely. Anybody know who I may ask about that?
Eventually we all know we relock bootloade, but if they want to they can see if that was the case.

I'm really struggling about unlock + root. I'm not sure if phone has a any defect.
I'll do it for sure in time (I really need V4A). I would have more morales if it was not loosing warranty

osemoka

May 13, 2013
Bydgoszcz
Well. On my poco f1 with android q it was problematic but I found workaround not setting Linux to permissive I think. I just had to restart v4a and Spotify often before to make it work ^^. I am desperate to have it. I can't use in-ear headphones without auditory ear protection. They hurt my ears. Wavelet does not have that. Is it a way to achieve the effect? It's a bit off topic already so I will just ask elsewhere...

Natakranta

Mar 19, 2013
Dublin
What is this?There is option in dev opt that unlocks bootloader.I never unlocked my old phones by manufacturer.
It does not unlock bootloader, it only allows you to do it in fadtboot if you toggle it. With Xiaomi you need as well their blessing with a code to be able to unlock bootloader as far as I know (no real life experience with Xiaomi yet, still waiting for my F3)

Reactions: djuroue1

Ehrles

Nov 12, 2009
Xiaomi Poco F3
Today I managed to set up Magisk Root without TWRP!

"Patching Images"

The first time the F3 was stuck in bootloop so please save the original Boot.img on the PC to flash it via Fastboot if something goes wrong.

Bootloader unlock is mandatory, is only unlocked after 1 week and deletes all data.

Screenshot_2021-04-22-15-48-22-387_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpgScreenshot_2021-04-22-16-13-11-869_com.scottyab.safetynet.sample.jpgScreenshot_2021-04-22-23-19-16-740_org.adaway.jpg

Mahoro.san

Dec 17, 2011
Does unlocking the bootloader disable the ota rom update ? If that's the case do you have to manually flash the rom through fast boot everytime for updating?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Through googling, there are a few tutorial in going through how to get this rooted. But does anyone has any success?

Do I have to apply to unlock the OEM unlocker first through online before getting started?

Do I have to apply to unlock the OEM unlocker first through online before getting started?
    Yes, your F3 bootloader has to be unlocked. Keep in mind that doing so will NOT void device warranty, but phone contents will be erased. So take a backup of personal or important files before proceeding.
    It appears to be working for me, but when I check it on magisk I got an API error.

That module doesn't work for me, it can be the error that I mentioned.
    I have the same Magisk API error, but SafetyNet check is passed with no problems.
    IMG_20210429_221151.jpg
    By the way, your module version is outdated.
    The latest is 1.1.1:
    IMG_20210429_221113.jpg

you can grab it directly from GitHub.
    which command did you use to flash the patched boot image?
    fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img ????
    I renamed the Magisk patched .img to "boot.img" and did "fastboot flash boot_a boot.img " and "fastboot flash boot_b boot.img" (Both)
    Today I managed to set up Magisk Root without TWRP!

"Patching Images"

The first time the F3 was stuck in bootloop so please save the original Boot.img on the PC to flash it via Fastboot if something goes wrong.

Bootloader unlock is mandatory, is only unlocked after 1 week and deletes all data.

Screenshot_2021-04-22-15-48-22-387_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpgScreenshot_2021-04-22-16-13-11-869_com.scottyab.safetynet.sample.jpgScreenshot_2021-04-22-23-19-16-740_org.adaway.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone