Question anyone have issues with T-mobile data?

Search This thread

Seanzle

under system , reset
Screenshot_20211107-125203.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211107-125203.png
    Screenshot_20211107-125203.png
    79 KB · Views: 20

crucialcolin

Jun 14, 2012
I've heard T-mobile in general has been a hot mess in number of markets with 5G lately, mine included. Something to do with Sprint users being added and multiple upgrades all going on at once. Then I wonder how the Exynos modem is going to perform when most phones probably utilize Qualcomm gear on the carrier.

Reactions: galaxys

wolfeyes30

Anyone get a message saying No Service?

Leaving a gas station and I got the message and my wife's One Plus Nord had service (same carrier) and my P6pro nothing. Also do some gig work on the side and all of sudden data stalls. This is unacceptable for a $900 phone imo.

Last edited:

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Anyone get a message saying No Service?

Leaving a gas station and I got the message and my wife's One Plus Nord had service and my P6pro nothing. Also do some gig work on the side and all of sudden data stalls. This is unacceptable for a $900 phone imo.
Haven't had any issues in my area. The Nord and 6 Pro are on T-Mobile correct?

supercobaltss

Jun 23, 2007
Coon Rapids
Google Pixel 6 Pro
My wife and I both have the Pixel 6 Pro and we both have mobile service issues. I can't join conference calls. Also having issues with UC working randomly. It's both phones so I know it's not just us. There is threads on random other websites about it also.

TiltedAz

Oct 19, 2007
Mine had been working perfect up until today. I was in an unusual area and the browser screen wouldn't load. It just sat there. Apps would run however. I started speedtest.net and it woke up and the phone switched from 5G to LTE.

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
This is dependent on location and your TMo plan. If you live in a densely populated place, the following could be the cause of slower data speeds:

1. No (or not enough) newer, 5G towers are built yet in your area.
2. The number of people using your tower(s) is/are cutting its speed.
3. You're just not close enough to the nearest tower.

Reasons your plan might slow it down:

1. You're not paying for the highest TMo plan (Max) which ends up cutting your speeds more than you would expect. I have the plan one tier lower as it's a bit cheaper.
2. You've used more than 10-12GB (these numbers are just a guess as I can't remember the exact amount) of data this billing cycle which results in a data slowdown until the next billing cycle begins.

I'm in this situation with population density and the highest speeds I've gotten on this phone are no different from what I got on my last phone (which also had 5G):

About 55mb/s down, 35mb/s up lol. Heck, at home I usually don't get higher than 8mb/s down lol. Also, to clarify, I do indeed have a 5G SIM.

But that's good enough for me unless I'm planning on downloading a high quality movie or something. That's where gigabit comes in handy.

Last edited:

mrro82

Feb 17, 2011
New York
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I had T Mobile send me a 5G sim card weeks before i ordered the pro and when I go it I used that sim card. No good. Wouldn't work at all. Put the sim card from my 4xl in and it worked. 5g and all. Since then I get good speed from 5g and 5gUC unless I'm sitting at my desk at work and that's because I work in a cinder block building with tiny windows.

stompysan

Feb 1, 2011
Non-Pro user, but running into the same issues as being described here. Went through everything from a simple airplane toggle to a total device wipe. eSIM and physical SIM both had same issue. Reprovisioning did nothing. Joining Carrier Services beta didn't solve my issues. On Magenta Max, and my city has ultra-capacity all over, so it is not a coverage, data cap, or congestion issue. When connected I get about 100mbps lower than my OP8 throughout the city, though more often than not I am without mobile data. I was running NetMonster while testing and noticed that it seems to happen more often when running in 5G SA mode vs NSA. Ultimately told by support that I should return (since I am still in grace period) and order a new one, but I may just ultimately wait to reorder to see how these early adopter issues pan out. This situation has really left me with a bad taste in my mouth at the moment.

Top Liked Posts