Question anyone have the Mix Fold 2 already? where is the mix fold 2 forum?

Search This thread

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Interesting. Let me know if it works for you and I will try it when the next update is available. Just make sure you don't reboot following installation of the update because you first have to go into Magisk and choose install / install to empty slot after OTA or you will loose root.

this didn't work unfortunately. gives you a message about not being able to validate the package. i'm sure there is a way around this but I haven't found it yet.

Dec 20, 2016
OnePlus 7 Pro
Folded the battery is good for a couple of days, but if you are primarily using it unfolded the large screen takes its toll on the battery and you may have to recharge it after about six hours of continuous use. It will do a full charge in less than thirty minutes though.
Interesting that your battery life is so different compared to mine. I guess its just different use cases? I get ~10% battery drain per hour on both the inside and outside screens. I could do probably 8-8.5 hours unfolded

I havent done any battery "optimisation" other than uninstall the default chinese bloat like douyin and weibo so im not sure why other than usage

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-29-00-15-49-998-edit_bitpit.launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-29-00-15-49-998-edit_bitpit.launcher.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 19

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
Interesting that your battery life is so different compared to mine. I guess its just different use cases? I get ~10% battery drain per hour on both the inside and outside screens. I could do probably 8-8.5 hours unfolded

I havent done any battery "optimisation" other than uninstall the default chinese bloat like douyin and weibo so im not sure why other than usage
My biggest power consumption is "WLAN" at about 20% ranking. I'm not sure if that is because I enabled WLAN acceleration to take advantage of the two separate WiFi networks I have or because the device is constantly scanning for a 5G signal. I'm about one block out of range of the closest 5G tower. I would turn off the 5G functionality except the rest of my city has 5G and I do stream from other locations.

Dec 20, 2016
OnePlus 7 Pro
My biggest power consumption is "WLAN" at about 20% ranking. I'm not sure if that is because I enabled WLAN acceleration to take advantage of the two separate WiFi networks I have or because the device is constantly scanning for a 5G signal. I'm about one block out of range of the closest 5G tower. I would turn off the 5G functionality except the rest of my city has 5G and I do stream from other locations.
That is probably the difference then. My WLAN usage is almost negligible at just under 3% currently which is 10th in my drain list. (this is just under 1% per hour so it would use maybe 8% or 9% of the battery in total)

Im in the same boat with 5G and always have it enabled so im guessing its the wifi acceleration as I dont have that enabled but even then the power usage seems abnormally high for just connecting to two networks at once.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-29-01-05-07-531-edit_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-29-01-05-07-531-edit_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 18

Wanes085

Sep 24, 2022
Can‘t install google Chrome Browser?! Even with apkmirror the installation stops. Anyone an idea?

dee163

Nov 5, 2010
Can‘t install google Chrome Browser?! Even with apkmirror the installation stops. Anyone an idea?
I had the same issue and the only solution for me was to factory reset the phone and do a fresh install. After the reset , I downloaded chrome from playstore and it installed. You can try to clear data and cache for playstore first , this might work instead of resetting the phone

carrieta17

Jan 1, 2008
What does the update bring ? Man looking at the software in the fold 4 i wish we had a way to multi task in the Mi fold like the fold can..

johnnobts

Oct 3, 2008
so prior to latest update i was able to select yandisk launcher as my default launcher. Now it says miui won't let me. I'm still rooted. Any help?

dee163

Nov 5, 2010
Not at the moment

You can disable MIUI optimizations to use horizontal split screen in portrait mode.

Gboard splits if you use it in landscape mode when using the inner screen.

Gfreek.

Dec 12, 2020
Any mod to do horizontal spilt and also gboard spilt screen?
Here is thought guys, why not create a tasker profile to switch between keyboards in folded and unfolded state?

Say for example when folded it's GBoard and when unfolded switch to SwiftKey split screen mode,

I have found in tasker the following event log which I think is for fold and unfolded state:
fold_status FOLD_STATUS Non-wakeup - Xiaomi.fold status

fold_status FOLD_STATUS Wakeup - Xiaomi.fold status

oem_hinge_angle HINGE_ANGLE Non-wakeup - Hinge angle

oem_hinge_angle HINGE_ANGLE Wakeup - Hinge angle

Now we just need to create profile to do this task of changing the keyboards.....

Update after much trail and error success!! 😊 I now have Tasker profile that does exactly this using the sensor "oem_hinge_angle HINGE_ANGLE Wakeup - Hinge angle"

Last edited:

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Here is thought guys, why not create a tasker profile to switch between keyboards in folded and unfolded state?

Say for example when folded it's GBoard and when unfolded switch to SwiftKey split screen mode,

I have found in tasker the following event log which I think is for fold and unfolded state:
fold_status FOLD_STATUS Non-wakeup - Xiaomi.fold status

fold_status FOLD_STATUS Wakeup - Xiaomi.fold status

oem_hinge_angle HINGE_ANGLE Non-wakeup - Hinge angle

oem_hinge_angle HINGE_ANGLE Wakeup - Hinge angle

Now we just need to create profile to do this task of changing the keyboards.....

there is a gboard mod that androplus says works, that is much easier if we get it working and better solution too as gboard is better overall

this is certainly a possible backup if it doesn't work though

Gfreek.

Dec 12, 2020
there is a gboard mod that androplus says works, that is much easier if we get it working and better solution too as gboard is better overall

this is certainly a possible backup if it doesn't work though
Yes thanks, I'm aware of that mod but it requires root, I have not rooted my Mix Fold 2.

Anyhow after much trail and error I have made a Tasker profile that works perfectly for me, so now when folded Gboard is active and when unfolded Microsoft SwiftKey in split key mode perfect!! 🙂

Gfreek.

Dec 12, 2020
awesome

please post the profile file if you can
OK see attached xml profile files. I've done two separate Fold State Tasker profiles Open & Close each handling switching of input mode for Gboard and SwiftKey respectively.

Please note my Tasker skills is basic at best I still think this profile can be further refined possibly into one profile to handle both tasks, anyhow at least it's a start I'm sure geniuses here can further refine this profile different action e.g. use two different launchers for fold and folded state etc...

As always please backup before you test these out, just to be safe.

Attachments

• Mix_Fold_2___State_Close.prf.xml
    2.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Mix_Fold_2___State_Open.prf.xml
    2.5 KB · Views: 7

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
also, wanted to point out in case anyone misses wireless charging

these work great. I can't live without wireless charging as I'm so used to it, especially in my car as I just plop the phone down on the built in charger.

I have this behind my case and it charges with no problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is just a quick user summery for those thinking of importing Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 over to UK. I’ve had mine for just over a week now and I’m happy with it so far pretty much all working and I’m using it on EE network.

Push notifications has been a challenge as there is several settings (detailed below) that needs to be done in order get the notification working fully for your desired apps that being said as some pointed out here even after applying these settings some apps still not getting notifications immediately. Lucky for me these settings are working so no need to root the phone.

Having used Galaxy Z Fold 2/3 for last couple years hardware wise I think Mix Fold 2 is superior, it feels better in the hand just like using a normal phone, most everyday task can be done on the cover screen while the inner screen is great for multi-tasking, media consumption and web browsing etc…

However, software wise the Samsung One UI Fold 2/3 & 4 is far more polished than Xiaomi MIU, so if software is of paramount to you and bearing mind Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 is not IP rated and does not have true Flex mode then I would recommend sticking with Galaxy Z Fold 3/4.

For me I’m ok to compromise a little on the software side just to have a better hardware experience on Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 especially the in hand feeling and IP rating doesn’t bother me as I had the Galaxy Fold 2 had no issues and never used Flex mode.

Settings I enabled:

STEP 1:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Scroll down to the Apps sub-menu.
    3. Select Permissions.
    4. Tap Autostart.
    5. Choose the apps that you want push notifications.
    6. Toggle the slider to ensure the apps always start automatically in the background.
    STEP 2:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Select Battery
    3. Tap the Setting/Cog Top Right corner
    4. Under Lock Screen Settings - Turn off mobile data when device is locked set to Never
    5. Under Lock Screen Settings – Clear Cache when device is locked set to Never
    STEP 3:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Select Battery
    4. Scroll down to App Battery Saver
    5. Select the App that you want push notifications.
    6. Choose No restrictions.

STEP 4:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Select Battery
    4. Scroll down to Scenarios
    5. Disable Sleep mode

STEP 5:
    1. Launch Security app
    2. Select Battery
    4. Scroll down to Boost speed
    5. Select Lock Apps
    6. Select the App that you want and toggle slider to Lock app in the background

Pros​

• Incredibly thin light premium build.
    • Large cover/inner folding screen than competition
    • Zero gap fold mechanism
    • Leica Camera OK for most shots
    + Softer crease less visible inner screen with AR
    + IR blaster nice to have

Cons​

• Software not polished as competition
    • No flex mode
    • No IP Rating
    • Aggressive Battery Management
    • China Only No Global Release
    Got mine a few days ago definitely better that the Samsung fold 4 )
    I have had mine for a week, agree best foldable to date.. Has anyone rooted yet ? other than mild annoyance with delayed notifications despite the regular setting changes in place in my home security and outlook all is perfect. Notifications only come in once I unlock the phone... No issues with google messages or whatsapp
    I rooted.

These may fix delayed notifications:

Disable "Sleep mode" in battery settings
    Disable "Suspend execution for cached apps" in developer options
    Disable powerkeeper (Most people including me can disable it safely, but somehow few people got bootloop so take backup)
    Install Global ROM-ify Magisk module
    I donated this morning , I hope you receive it ,
    Thank you for all the contributions to the Mi Mix Fold 2
    did you ever figure out how to fix this issue? I also have the same problem :(
    I switched to Edison Mail. Works great. Fast notifications.