Question anyone have the Mix Fold 2 already? where is the mix fold 2 forum?

Search This thread

dee163

Nov 5, 2010
also, wanted to point out in case anyone misses wireless charging

these work great. I can't live without wireless charging as I'm so used to it, especially in my car as I just plop the phone down on the built in charger.

I have this behind my case and it charges with no problem.
There are downsides to this in my opinion
1.Wireless charging is very slow.
2.The charging port is blocked.
3.The charging cable when plugged in USB C port might protrude out since the provided case is very thin.

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
There are downsides to this in my opinion
1.Wireless charging is very slow.
2.The charging port is blocked.
3.The charging cable when plugged in USB C port might protrude out since the provided case is very thin.

of course there are downsides, but if you only charge once per day at night when you go to bed it's a great solution. there are no problems with protrusion at the bottom though with the case installed.

Reactions: dee163

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
Has anyone had an issue with every time you try to use Google Assistant the phone prompts "Set Google Assistant as your default Assist App to use your Assistant". I go into Settings, set Google Assistant as the default personal assistant app and it works once, then the next time I try to use it I am once again prompted to set it as my default app. I even uninstalled the Xiaomi Mi personal assistant and now my choices are just "None", or "Google Assistant", but it still prompts me to set it as default every time I try to use it. I've given Assistant all permissions, turned off battery saver for it, and enabled autostart for it. This happens whether I have MIUI Optimization turned on or off. Any suggestions?

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Has anyone had an issue with every time you try to use Google Assistant the phone prompts "Set Google Assistant as your default Assist App to use your Assistant". I go into Settings, set Google Assistant as the default personal assistant app and it works once, then the next time I try to use it I am once again prompted to set it as my default app. I even uninstalled the Xiaomi Mi personal assistant and now my choices are just "None", or "Google Assistant", but it still prompts me to set it as default every time I try to use it. I've given Assistant all permissions, turned off battery saver for it, and enabled autostart for it. This happens whether I have MIUI Optimization turned on or off. Any suggestions?

I don't have this problem. I also don't have the problem of assistant not sending texts, etc when it isn't unfolded.

also, in default apps there are two places you can select google assistant

the first is under voice assistant
the second is assist and voice input.

i'm not certain where/how the easiest way to get to these settings is, but I use an MIUI hidden settings app from playstore called MQS quick settings for MIUI that has defaults listed.

my other guess is there might be some bs permission you need to make sure you have allowed in both the google app and assistant app. there seem to be more permissions you can turn on when MIUI optimizations is on.

Illidann

Sep 30, 2022
For someone who is still sitting on the fence like me, would you recommend the mix fold 2 over the fold 4 as the main phone for daily use?

I think the horizontal spilt screen and the spilt keyboard within the unfolded screen is important to me (which I believe has been solved by the Pros here with mods)...still unconvinced by the firmware used by the fold 2...any chance of loading the Android12L onto it?

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
For someone who is still sitting on the fence like me, would you recommend the mix fold 2 over the fold 4 as the main phone for daily use?

I think the horizontal spilt screen and the spilt keyboard within the unfolded screen is important to me (which I believe has been solved by the Pros here with mods)...still unconvinced by the firmware used by the fold 2...any chance of loading the Android12L onto it?

here is the thing with android if you can unlock and root the device you can solve nearly every problem. if you aren't willing to put in the time to do that and read, solve stupid problems with miui then get the fold 4.

if you are willing to put in the time the Mix Fold 2 has far better hardware in my opinion and I'll never go back to Samsung after this experience. my phone has never been better right now.

Henry

Feb 16, 2018
Melbourne
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2

I think in summary, we can all agree that fold 2 hardware is superior (larger screen, slimmer) but the fold 4 software absolutely has a far more seamless software (but rooting the fold 2 makes it a lot closer)

We all have different 'wants' from our phones but for me, Fold 2 is lacking in an inner camera (which i need for zoom/teams call). I think this is the biggest fault of the Fold 2 (from a hardware perspective).

With the software side - I have now managed to get the following resolved - nfc payments, sync with galaxy watch (still a bit glitchy but works), but my biggest software issue is Android Auto (I still havent got this work but some on here have).

All up - I reckon I have had to factory reset my phone 3 times and i have spent more than 10 hours playing with it to get it to work like a Samsung software (but just so you know, I'm a beginner at root, etc). But look I had fun doing it and enjoyed the challenge...and once you've done it a few times, you realised how easy it was. The forum here is an excellent resource and members on here have been super helpful.

Do I think about swapping for a Fold 4? Haha .. yes i do especially since I have a brand new one sitting in my drawer as I type this message....

Reactions: carlitobahsoun

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
OK see attached xml profile files. I've done two separate Fold State Tasker profiles Open & Close each handling switching of input mode for Gboard and SwiftKey respectively.

Please note my Tasker skills is basic at best I still think this profile can be further refined possibly into one profile to handle both tasks, anyhow at least it's a start I'm sure geniuses here can further refine this profile different action e.g. use two different launchers for fold and folded state etc...

As always please backup before you test these out, just to be safe.
Perfect! Thank you for developing this. Works like a charm.

GserMx

Apr 19, 2011
Stock Mail App question:
I thought I was OK using Outlook as a replacement email app as I do get notifications with it, but today I had my Vivo X Fold and my Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 both turned on at the same time my Vivo kept dinging with email notifications and the Xiaomi wasn't. If I opened Outlook on the Xiaomi the emails were there, I just hadn't received the push notification. I did some experimenting and realized that there is no rhyme nor reason to when I get push notifications using Outlook on the Xiaomi. Sometimes they are almost instant, other times they take twenty minutes, sometimes there never is any notification. So I thought I would try the stock Mail app. After some tests I've found it does get instant push notifications and floating windows, but it has an odd behaviour - when I delete emails they are gone until I close the app and reopen it, and then they are there again as if I hadn't deleted them. I have only two email accounts set up with the stock Mail app, one a gmail account and the other an Office365 account. I'm getting the same behaviour on both accounts. I spent half an hour deleting old emails and they cleared from the "combined inbox", only to have them all reappear when I exited and restarted the app. Has anyone else experienced this or found a decent replacement email app that actually receives push notifications?
did you ever figure out how to fix this issue? I also have the same problem :(

Henry

Feb 16, 2018
Melbourne
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Well I have now officially given up on the Xiaomi Fold 2 and moved back to a Samsung Fold 4. It really feels small in comparison, but I'm enjoying the fact that everything (apps,smartthings, galaxy watch, etc) just works!! No weird glitches! Only day 1 and I already do miss XMF2 and wondering if I should hold on to it in case a global rom comes out soon?

johnnobts

Oct 3, 2008
Know what you mean, use my fold z4 as well mostly, but love the feel of the mix fold 2. Use the mix a couple times a week. Have a pair of nreal airs coming that will make the mix 2 less useful

carlitobahsoun

Sep 26, 2012
beirut lebanon
great device especially battery life , really i will not back to samsung as mxf2 with 4500mah battery give me sot 9 hrs better than my last s21 ultra with 5000mah battery .

the inly things if mi global app and themes work in this beast than it will be better .

iam not and will not root.

for music : using power amp.

for video : using vlc

for YouTube : using vanced .

for keyboard : using google.

for mail : using mail app from get app .

for gmail : its ok not always using it and for download attachment i forward to mail app and download attachment.

samsung health : work great .

for browser : using samsung internet .

samsung wearable work great and sync my watch 3 and using samsung health monitor to count bp and ecg.

gsam battery work good for showing sot .

iam using app from xda :
ADB AppControl
to remove chinese apps uninstall or disable.

Glesi2323

Jul 29, 2022
I also posted a short while ago a method to enable the use of any 3rd party launcher.
Here's my debloat list (on top of user-uninstallable software from Android settings):

pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.browser
pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.mms
pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.quicksearchbox
pm uninstall --user 0 com.mipay.wallet
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.analytics
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.bugreport
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.contentcatcher
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.contentextension
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.core.internal.assistant
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.gallery
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.miservice
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.nextpay
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.personalassistant
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.phrase
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.player
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.screenshot
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.securityadd
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.systemAdSolution
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.touchassistant
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.translation.kingsoft
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.translation.xmcloud
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.translationservice
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.tsmclient
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.video
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.voiceassist
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.voicetrigger
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.yellowpage
pm uninstall --user 0 com.sohu.inputmethod.sogou.xiaomi
pm uninstall --user 0 com.unionpay.tsmservice.mi
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.aiasst.service
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.aiasst.vision
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.finddevice
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.gamecenter.sdk.service
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.market
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.migameservice
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.payment
pm uninstall --user 0 om.miui.translation.kingsoft
pm uninstall --user 0 org.mipay.android.manager
This worked for me but now I constantly get a "cannot connect to Xiaomi cloud" pop up, did you get this as well? Xiaomi account tab in settings is completely fried.

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
There is nothing in that debloat list that would affect your Xiaomi Cloud service or your Xiaomi account, so you must have disabled or uninstalled something else. On the debloat list you've quoted I would point out that two of the items you have deleted are quite useful. com.xiaomi.market is the GetApps application that is Xiaomi's version of the Google Play Store. It is how you update Xiaomi stock apps such as your calculator, compass, etc. Deleting this has caused some users to experience a bootloop at their next boot. Also, com.miui.miservice is the feedback tool that allows you to communicate concerns to Xiaomi. They do actually read your feedback and often fix software related problems based on feedback or bug reports (you have also disabled bug reports). These services don't run unless invoked, so they don't take up any memory.

Glesi2323

Jul 29, 2022
There is nothing in that debloat list that would affect your Xiaomi Cloud service or your Xiaomi account, so you must have disabled or uninstalled something else. On the debloat list you've quoted I would point out that two of the items you have deleted are quite useful. com.xiaomi.market is the GetApps application that is Xiaomi's version of the Google Play Store. It is how you update Xiaomi stock apps such as your calculator, compass, etc. Deleting this has caused some users to experience a bootloop at their next boot. Also, com.miui.miservice is the feedback tool that allows you to communicate concerns to Xiaomi. They do actually read your feedback and often fix software related problems based on feedback or bug reports (you have also disabled bug reports). These services don't run unless invoked, so they don't take up any memory.
I factory reset my phone and used the same list minus any of the Xiaomi account or cloud tools, everything is running beautifully now! Only issue I'm facing is with Android auto. My car uses wires Android auto and it just doesn't work. Followed all instructions but when I connect, my car says Android auto connected for 5 seconds then it leaves and prompts me to disconnect device to retry Android auto. Last hurdle before phone is 100% complete.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is just a quick user summery for those thinking of importing Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 over to UK. I’ve had mine for just over a week now and I’m happy with it so far pretty much all working and I’m using it on EE network.

Push notifications has been a challenge as there is several settings (detailed below) that needs to be done in order get the notification working fully for your desired apps that being said as some pointed out here even after applying these settings some apps still not getting notifications immediately. Lucky for me these settings are working so no need to root the phone.

Having used Galaxy Z Fold 2/3 for last couple years hardware wise I think Mix Fold 2 is superior, it feels better in the hand just like using a normal phone, most everyday task can be done on the cover screen while the inner screen is great for multi-tasking, media consumption and web browsing etc…

However, software wise the Samsung One UI Fold 2/3 & 4 is far more polished than Xiaomi MIU, so if software is of paramount to you and bearing mind Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 is not IP rated and does not have true Flex mode then I would recommend sticking with Galaxy Z Fold 3/4.

For me I’m ok to compromise a little on the software side just to have a better hardware experience on Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 especially the in hand feeling and IP rating doesn’t bother me as I had the Galaxy Fold 2 had no issues and never used Flex mode.

Settings I enabled:

STEP 1:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Scroll down to the Apps sub-menu.
    3. Select Permissions.
    4. Tap Autostart.
    5. Choose the apps that you want push notifications.
    6. Toggle the slider to ensure the apps always start automatically in the background.
    STEP 2:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Select Battery
    3. Tap the Setting/Cog Top Right corner
    4. Under Lock Screen Settings - Turn off mobile data when device is locked set to Never
    5. Under Lock Screen Settings – Clear Cache when device is locked set to Never
    STEP 3:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Select Battery
    4. Scroll down to App Battery Saver
    5. Select the App that you want push notifications.
    6. Choose No restrictions.

STEP 4:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Select Battery
    4. Scroll down to Scenarios
    5. Disable Sleep mode

STEP 5:
    1. Launch Security app
    2. Select Battery
    4. Scroll down to Boost speed
    5. Select Lock Apps
    6. Select the App that you want and toggle slider to Lock app in the background

Pros​

• Incredibly thin light premium build.
    • Large cover/inner folding screen than competition
    • Zero gap fold mechanism
    • Leica Camera OK for most shots
    + Softer crease less visible inner screen with AR
    + IR blaster nice to have

Cons​

• Software not polished as competition
    • No flex mode
    • No IP Rating
    • Aggressive Battery Management
    • China Only No Global Release
    Got mine a few days ago definitely better that the Samsung fold 4 )
    I have had mine for a week, agree best foldable to date.. Has anyone rooted yet ? other than mild annoyance with delayed notifications despite the regular setting changes in place in my home security and outlook all is perfect. Notifications only come in once I unlock the phone... No issues with google messages or whatsapp
    I rooted.

These may fix delayed notifications:

Disable "Sleep mode" in battery settings
    Disable "Suspend execution for cached apps" in developer options
    Disable powerkeeper (Most people including me can disable it safely, but somehow few people got bootloop so take backup)
    Install Global ROM-ify Magisk module
    I donated this morning , I hope you receive it ,
    Thank you for all the contributions to the Mi Mix Fold 2
    did you ever figure out how to fix this issue? I also have the same problem :(
    I switched to Edison Mail. Works great. Fast notifications.