Question anyone have the Mix Fold 2 already? where is the mix fold 2 forum?

Search This thread

Henry

Feb 16, 2018
Melbourne
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
You must have a driver problem and not have the drivers installed correctly.

Follow this guide https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
Thank you .. i dont know what i did .. but i just kept repeating the steps and i got there. However, when flashed it .. it came up with an error message "FAILED (remote: Flashing is not allowed in Lock State)". Do you know what this is?

Just did a google, does it mean i have to unlock my bootloader? https://unlocktechy.com/unlock-bootloader-xiaomi-mix-fold-2

Last edited:

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2

xda-nitro

Dec 13, 2015
I completed the steps in this thread fine. After some testing I just noticed I am unable to do a factory reset via settings. Anyone experience this and know how to bypass? Thanks.

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
Hi. I'm so sorry to ask this (I'm pretty sure its a basic question). But I got up to the last step for Magisk and i'm trying to do a fastboot flash boot but I get this error "error: cannot load '/path/to/magisk_patched.img'". What am I doing wrong??
Have you renamed the boot.img file that you patched in Magisk to "magisk_patched.img"? Magisk inserts additional characters into the name when it patches the image and you need to rename it before attempting to flash it in fast boot

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
I completed the steps in this thread fine. After some testing I just noticed I am unable to do a factory reset via settings. Anyone experience this and know how to bypass? Thanks.

I would assume you need to not have active magisk modules? that is what I'd try. I noticed that I can't update some system apps for the Mi Store after installing the androplus modules. I assume that is why they won't install

xda-nitro

Dec 13, 2015
I would assume you need to not have active magisk modules? that is what I'd try. I noticed that I can't update some system apps for the Mi Store after installing the androplus modules. I assume that is why they won't install
The modules are turned off and removed but when trying to do a factory reset, the screen just flashes and jumps back to the previous screen.

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
The CN - Global Lite module is based on MIUI 12 translation and although it is a prerequisite to the Google Assistant module, it has some issues with this device, which is on MIUI 13.1 firmware. Some settings, such as WLAN Network Acceleration, are missing, and GetApps updates will download but not install. The CN - Global full version module is based on the MIUI 13.1 Global translation and doesn't encounter these issues on this device, but for some reason it won't allow the Google Assistant module to work. I'm hoping AndroPlus will update the Lite version to the MIUI 13.1 Global translation.

xda-nitro

Dec 13, 2015
For some bizarre reason you can only enter recovery mode when this phone is unfolded. I spent one whole night trying to get into recovery with the phone folded only to discover that.
thank you for taking one for the team! I just wiped the data and things are restored. I think the phone needs to be unfolded when I was trying to reset in the OS too.

Gfreek.

Dec 12, 2020
I have not rooted my Fold 2 as I have no issues with Gmail notifications all working as normal in fact all my apps notifications are working OK except for Outlook at times there is a slight delay in getting notifications otherwise working all ok no biggie. .

I know others have stated here having issues with Gmail notifications coming through even after doing all the battery management settings etc... I don't know why that is??

If it helps I have practically installed all the Google suite of apps and disabled all the settings in battery settings, so wonder if that has anything to do with Gmail working on mine.??

Wanes085

Sep 24, 2022
Hello, I would like to order the Mi Fold 2. But I have some questions before I buy. Maybe someone can answer them because I could not find this informations in all review videos I have watched.

The fold 1 had been announced with a feature called Desktop Mode. It is similar to DEX which only can be used on Samsung Fold devices with an monitor. Does the Fold 2 have still this feature and can it be used direct on the Fold?

Is it possible to change the dpi settings in developer mode? I use my Samsung Fold 3 with an DPI of 852 and love this setting to take advantage of the big screen.

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
hi guys , till now i cant find xiaomi mix fold 2 = 12/256 gb for price 1350$ , me and my friends need 3 pieces 😔😭

near impossible to get it for that price new unopened even for people in China, it sold out near instantly the day it went on sale on the Xiaomi site and if you go to the Xiaomi store they only sell it to you if you open the phone and activate it in store. If you are expecting to pay that price you aren't going to get the phone. Most re-sellers even in China are around $100 more than retail.

Reactions: carlitobahsoun

dee163

Nov 5, 2010
link me to someone if u dont mind
That will not be possible for me as I asked a family member as a favour
Hello, I would like to order the Mi Fold 2. But I have some questions before I buy. Maybe someone can answer them because I could not find this informations in all review videos I have watched.

The fold 1 had been announced with a feature called Desktop Mode. It is similar to DEX which only can be used on Samsung Fold devices with an monitor. Does the Fold 2 have still this feature and can it be used direct on the Fold?

Is it possible to change the dpi settings in developer mode? I use my Samsung Fold 3 with an DPI of 852 and love this setting to take advantage of the big screen.
There is no DEX mode and you can cahnge the DPI settings in Developer Mode

dee163

Nov 5, 2010
near impossible to get it for that price new unopened even for people in China, it sold out near instantly the day it went on sale on the Xiaomi site and if you go to the Xiaomi store they only sell it to you if you open the phone and activate it in store. If you are expecting to pay that price you aren't going to get the phone. Most re-sellers even in China are around $100 more than retail.
I paid RMB8999 from Xiaomi app

Reactions: carlitobahsoun

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is just a quick user summery for those thinking of importing Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 over to UK. I’ve had mine for just over a week now and I’m happy with it so far pretty much all working and I’m using it on EE network.

Push notifications has been a challenge as there is several settings (detailed below) that needs to be done in order get the notification working fully for your desired apps that being said as some pointed out here even after applying these settings some apps still not getting notifications immediately. Lucky for me these settings are working so no need to root the phone.

Having used Galaxy Z Fold 2/3 for last couple years hardware wise I think Mix Fold 2 is superior, it feels better in the hand just like using a normal phone, most everyday task can be done on the cover screen while the inner screen is great for multi-tasking, media consumption and web browsing etc…

However, software wise the Samsung One UI Fold 2/3 & 4 is far more polished than Xiaomi MIU, so if software is of paramount to you and bearing mind Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 is not IP rated and does not have true Flex mode then I would recommend sticking with Galaxy Z Fold 3/4.

For me I’m ok to compromise a little on the software side just to have a better hardware experience on Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 especially the in hand feeling and IP rating doesn’t bother me as I had the Galaxy Fold 2 had no issues and never used Flex mode.

Settings I enabled:

STEP 1:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Scroll down to the Apps sub-menu.
    3. Select Permissions.
    4. Tap Autostart.
    5. Choose the apps that you want push notifications.
    6. Toggle the slider to ensure the apps always start automatically in the background.
    STEP 2:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Select Battery
    3. Tap the Setting/Cog Top Right corner
    4. Under Lock Screen Settings - Turn off mobile data when device is locked set to Never
    5. Under Lock Screen Settings – Clear Cache when device is locked set to Never
    STEP 3:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Select Battery
    4. Scroll down to App Battery Saver
    5. Select the App that you want push notifications.
    6. Choose No restrictions.

STEP 4:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Select Battery
    4. Scroll down to Scenarios
    5. Disable Sleep mode

STEP 5:
    1. Launch Security app
    2. Select Battery
    4. Scroll down to Boost speed
    5. Select Lock Apps
    6. Select the App that you want and toggle slider to Lock app in the background

Pros​

• Incredibly thin light premium build.
    • Large cover/inner folding screen than competition
    • Zero gap fold mechanism
    • Leica Camera OK for most shots
    + Softer crease less visible inner screen with AR
    + IR blaster nice to have

Cons​

• Software not polished as competition
    • No flex mode
    • No IP Rating
    • Aggressive Battery Management
    • China Only No Global Release
    Got mine a few days ago definitely better that the Samsung fold 4 )
    I have had mine for a week, agree best foldable to date.. Has anyone rooted yet ? other than mild annoyance with delayed notifications despite the regular setting changes in place in my home security and outlook all is perfect. Notifications only come in once I unlock the phone... No issues with google messages or whatsapp
    I rooted.

These may fix delayed notifications:

Disable "Sleep mode" in battery settings
    Disable "Suspend execution for cached apps" in developer options
    Disable powerkeeper (Most people including me can disable it safely, but somehow few people got bootloop so take backup)
    Install Global ROM-ify Magisk module
    I donated this morning , I hope you receive it ,
    Thank you for all the contributions to the Mi Mix Fold 2
    did you ever figure out how to fix this issue? I also have the same problem :(
    I switched to Edison Mail. Works great. Fast notifications.